The left flawlessly summarized

P@triot

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2011
United States
As someone who lived it - this individual is able to articulate it better than anyone...
Victimhood is attractive because it gives people permission to be judgmental without consequence and feel superior in doing so. It creates a sense of being special, enlightened, and above it all.
That perfectly summarized the left. Victimhood. An undeserving sense of superiority. And the abscence of consequence. That is the unholy trifecta of progressivism.

I Turned My Coworker Into HR When She Gave Me A Christmas Card

Facts presented ruthlessly & doggedly are the cure for the left's various ills & mental maladies.

Try it. You'll like it :popcorn:

Living in one of the richest countries in the planet, with overwhelming amount of opportunities.

A victim...:uhoh3:

Living in one of the richest countries in the planet, with overwhelming amount of opportunities.

A victim...:uhoh3:
That's what is so annoying about the left. They throw themselves a pity-party and attempt to steal victimhood from people in other nations who truly deserve that title.

This summarizes the left as well...
The reason leftists give communists, the world’s most horrible murderers, a pass is that they sympathize with the chief goal of communism: restricting personal liberty.
Yep. Been saying it for years right here on USMB and the left continues to desperately deny it. The left is all about control. They panic at personal liberty.

The Reason the Left Gives Communism a Pass

As someone who lived it - this individual is able to articulate it better than anyone...
Victimhood is attractive because it gives people permission to be judgmental without consequence and feel superior in doing so. It creates a sense of being special, enlightened, and above it all.
That perfectly summarized the left. Victimhood. An undeserving sense of superiority. And the abscence of consequence. That is the unholy trifecta of progressivism.

Do you suppose Donald Trump would agree with you? He says he is victimized by the Fake Media and liars within his party. He says he is victimized by a 'corrupt FBI' and his minion say he is victimized by the 'Deep State'.

But what do I know. I'm a Liberal and according to the Trumpians, that makes me the hypocrite. Ironic, ain't it?

The quote sounds about right. The story however comes across as totally contrived.

Do you even have a narrative you could put together that would be an example of this nonsense?

This summarizes the left as well...
The reason leftists give communists, the world’s most horrible murderers, a pass is that they sympathize with the chief goal of communism: restricting personal liberty.
Yep. Been saying it for years right here on USMB and the left continues to desperately deny it. The left is all about control. They panic at personal liberty.

The Reason the Left Gives Communism a Pass

Whittaker Chambers wrote in his book WITNESS that liberals are/were incapable of ever effectively fighting Communism because they did not see anything in Communism that was antithetical to their own beliefs. In short, Liberals are Communists and Communists are Liberals.

Do you suppose Donald Trump would agree with you? He says he is victimized by the Fake Media and liars within his party. He says he is victimized by a 'corrupt FBI' and his minion say he is victimized by the 'Deep State'.

But what do I know. I'm a Liberal and according to the Trumpians, that makes me the hypocrite. Ironic, ain't it?
President Trump has never played the victim. He doesn’t ask for handouts. Telling the truth about the left-wing media isn’t playing the victim, chief.

President Trump has never played the victim. He doesn’t ask for handouts. Telling the truth about the left-wing media isn’t playing the victim, chief.
I'll be waiting for her m to tell the truth.

Do you even have a narrative you could put together that would be an example of this nonsense?
USMB is full of them. The media is full of them. And I’ve experienced enough left-wing whiners in my lifetime to confirm it.

The quintessential left-winger:
“Michel Foucault and his postmodern cohorts could not … claim ‘have-not’ status because they had been born into wealth and privilege. They were the bourgeois, who they were supposed to hate profoundly,”. “They devoted themselves to finding a way around this: ‘How can I be rich and oppressed? How can I be a victim?'”
Everything is designed around self-pity and being a victim. It’s about putting the focus on themselves. But it is also so much darker and more disturbing than just that:
Disturbingly, Foucault used his philosophy to justify pedophilia. He argued that Western thought had corrupted the perception of childhood, claiming that children are both sexually aware and cognitively able to grant consent to an adult
There has been a massive push by the left recently to justify pedophiles. Just like with homosexuality, transgender, etc., they will not stop until they can get society to accept it and “normalize” it.

CRAZY: The shocking and disturbing life of postmodern icon Michel Foucault

The left has literally become the Nazis. Just a bunch of mindless fascists who will not tolerate even a simple question.
For all the predictable speechifying about “diversity” that I heard at cocktail parties and literary events, I became struck by just how politically monolithic this scene really is. It’s not just that writers and editors have to be PC when it comes to their books and their public pronouncements: There also seems to be a crushing uniformity in regard to their privately held viewpoints.
There is nothing tolerant or “diverse” about the left. Absolutely nothing. They will not tolerate even the slightest deviation from their rigid and frightening doctrine. Case in point:
When I cut to the chase and asked why no one at the table seemed to feel aggrieved for women suffering under Islamic oppression, voices were raised and, well, I may or may not have been asked to leave. There were other experiences like this, and I learned to hold my tongue.
Chilling. The left will no longer engage in intellectualism. Not only will they not ask questions in the search for answers, solutions, or a better way, they won’t even tolerate someone else asking questions.

A Glimpse Into the Ideological Monoculture of Literary New York - Quillette

Forum List

Back