The latest dem vote-buying scheme (so far today)....

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
"Alderman Leslie Hairston’s office published a Facebook post in which they asked voters to use their voting receipt to enter into a lottery with lots of fun prizes, such as gift cards to any number of retail stores and restaurants, and even Visa cash cards of up to $100. The Fox affiliate printed out the post and had an attorney look at it, who declared it entirely illegal and a possible Class IV felony."

Video Vote-buying scheme in Chicago Hot Air

This comes up every election. It gets into some very fine hair splitting what's legal or not. I see one problem right off, it's a politician doing it. And the 'up to $100' gift cards suggest the $100 ones are for recipts voting for the Alderman, lesser value ones for other candidates?

Yes, I know. Dems commit egregious voter fraud and engage in various and assorted illegal schemes every voting cycle.

Does the receipt say who you voted for? I doubt it. Therefore anyone could profit and it hardly seems like a way to buy votes. It's a reward for voting, period. All the candidate gets out of it is a list of names and addresses of likely voters to be used in the next campaign.

"Alderman Leslie Hairston’s office published a Facebook post in which they asked voters to use their voting receipt to enter into a lottery with lots of fun prizes, such as gift cards to any number of retail stores and restaurants, and even Visa cash cards of up to $100. The Fox affiliate printed out the post and had an attorney look at it, who declared it entirely illegal and a possible Class IV felony."

Double shifts at Southern Classic Fried Chicken and the liquor store Tuesday.

Two piece dark with fries and a biscuit, and a 40 0z Bull is the going price for a Landrieu vote.

Does the receipt say who you voted for? I doubt it. Therefore anyone could profit and it hardly seems like a way to buy votes. It's a reward for voting, period. All the candidate gets out of it is a list of names and addresses of likely voters to be used in the next campaign.
That ain't how it works IRL.

How would you know? I don't hold much confidence in the word of someone who uses the word "ain't". Does the receipt say who you voted for? If it doesn't, how is that buying votes? :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

Does it say that they have to vote Democrat to get the prize?

Does it say that they have to vote Democrat to get the prize?
Nope, but then I might be inclined to vote for the guy who promises me $100

How would you know? I don't hold much confidence in the word of someone who uses the word "ain't". Does the receipt say who you voted for? If it doesn't, how is that buying votes? :eusa_whistle:

It's telling that you loons don't understand the concept of criminality.

It's a crime to pay people in any way for voting. It doesn't matter if you pay every person regardless of who they vote for, or if you only pay them for voting for a particular person.

Does the receipt say who you voted for? If it doesn't, how is that buying votes?

It's telling that you loons don't understand the concept of criminality.

It's a crime to pay people in any way for voting. It doesn't matter if you pay every person regardless of who they vote for, or if you only pay them for voting for a particular person.

Cite? The person isn't being paid, they have a CHANCE to win a prize. It's telling that wingnuts like you would make up crimes out of thin air.

Forum List

Back