The Kochs Kneecap Trump in an Attempt to Make the G.O.P. Theirs Again

kiwiman127

Comfortably Moderate
Oct 19, 2010
4th Cleanest City in the World-Minneapolis
It’s War!:
Oh boy! This is like when Darth Vader saw the light and killed Sheev Palpatine!!!!! :2up:
========================================
Charles and David Koch, the billionaire libertarian-ish brothers and longtime Republican Party patrons, never did like Donald Trump. During the 2016 election, they refused to contribute to Trump’s candidacy, noting that they would instead spend their $300 million to prop up Republican candidates in local races. They remained aloof throughout 2017, with Charles suggesting that Trump’s Muslim ban was reminiscent of Nazi-era racism, and both brothers implying that they would wait it out before backing Trump, who had begun to rail about tariffs. “We’re principled, and if we can’t get comfortable with the policies that are in place, then we’re not going to support them,” said Mark Holden, Koch Industries’s top lawyer. Though they made several attempts to influence the White House’s policy through their connections with top figures like Mike Pence, the president’s recent gesture toward a trade war with China represented a proverbial final straw. “From the beginning we've said that tariffs and protectionism is a bad idea,” Tim Phillips, president of Americans for Prosperity, the Kochs’ political organization, told CNBC. “[The White House has] explained their reasoning behind it and we just strongly disagree.”
Even then, the Kochs still hoped to push their agenda through Congress, donating hundreds of thousands of dollars to individual representatives and Republican fund-raising groups, and announcing that they would spend up to $400 million to defend their control. But on Sunday, during an annual seminar with roughly 500 top conservative donors, Americans for Prosperity announced it would no longer solely support Republican candidates, formalizing a visible schism within the G.O.P.’s donor class. As Charles Koch put it to reporters, “I don’t care what initials are in front or after somebody’s name.” His comments seemed like a foregone conclusion following several Kochworld attacks on the Trump administration’s policies over the weekend, with the brothers and their spokespeople flaming the White House left and right. “It’s a bail-out to bad policy,” Koch network spokesperson James Davis told reporters of the administration’s announcement that it would spend $12 billion to relieve farmers impacted by its trade war. “You can’t make this up. We put tariffs supposedly to put pressure on China and then it actually hurts farmers here. Crops waste away in the field. Then you pull a Depression-era program out to bail out farmers and make them whole. But who’s underwriting our debt?” Another Koch official lamented that the “divisiveness of this White House is causing long-term damage.” Koch himself called Trump’s tariffs “unfair to the people.”
For more:
It’s War!: The Kochs Kneecap Trump in an Attempt to Make the G.O.P. Theirs Again
I know that there are so-called Libertarians on this board who support Trump, along with some so called "real conservatives". You people look like certified fakes with no conscience, no convictions and are easily manipulated by bullshit.
And 100's of billions of donor money for Trump and his congressional Little Trumpsters, just blew out the window. OUCH!!

It’s War!:
Oh boy! This is like when Darth Vader saw the light and killed Sheev Palpatine!!!!! :2up:
Charles and David Koch, the billionaire libertarian-ish brothers and longtime Republican Party patrons, never did like Donald Trump. During the 2016 election, they refused to contribute to Trump’s candidacy, noting that they would instead spend their $300 million to prop up Republican candidates in local races. They remained aloof throughout 2017, with Charles suggesting that Trump’s Muslim ban was reminiscent of Nazi-era racism, and both brothers implying that they would wait it out before backing Trump, who had begun to rail about tariffs. “We’re principled, and if we can’t get comfortable with the policies that are in place, then we’re not going to support them,” said Mark Holden, Koch Industries’s top lawyer. Though they made several attempts to influence the White House’s policy through their connections with top figures like Mike Pence, the president’s recent gesture toward a trade war with China represented a proverbial final straw. “From the beginning we've said that tariffs and protectionism is a bad idea,” Tim Phillips, president of Americans for Prosperity, the Kochs’ political organization, told CNBC. “[The White House has] explained their reasoning behind it and we just strongly disagree.”
Even then, the Kochs still hoped to push their agenda through Congress, donating hundreds of thousands of dollars to individual representatives and Republican fund-raising groups, and announcing that they would spend up to $400 million to defend their control. But on Sunday, during an annual seminar with roughly 500 top conservative donors, Americans for Prosperity announced it would no longer solely support Republican candidates, formalizing a visible schism within the G.O.P.’s donor class. As Charles Koch put it to reporters, “I don’t care what initials are in front or after somebody’s name.” His comments seemed like a foregone conclusion following several Kochworld attacks on the Trump administration’s policies over the weekend, with the brothers and their spokespeople flaming the White House left and right. “It’s a bail-out to bad policy,” Koch network spokesperson James Davis told reporters of the administration’s announcement that it would spend $12 billion to relieve farmers impacted by its trade war. “You can’t make this up. We put tariffs supposedly to put pressure on China and then it actually hurts farmers here. Crops waste away in the field. Then you pull a Depression-era program out to bail out farmers and make them whole. But who’s underwriting our debt?” Another Koch official lamented that the “divisiveness of this White House is causing long-term damage.” Koch himself called Trump’s tariffs “unfair to the people.”
For more:
It’s War!: The Kochs Kneecap Trump in an Attempt to Make the G.O.P. Theirs Again
I know that there are so-called Libertarians on this board who support Trump, along with some so called "real conservatives". You people look like certified fakes with no conscience, no convictions and are easily manipulated by bullshit.
And 100's of billions of donor money for Trump and his congressional Little Trumpsters, just blew out the window. OUCH!!
Your Democrat ass isn't fooling anyone.

Remember when the lefties here always told us that all Republicans did was “such Koch” and did as they bid?

Now look who is blowing them.

The Kochs are bluffing.

Trump and his lemmings will set them straight soon enough.

It’s War!:
For more:
Your Democrat ass isn't fooling anyone.

You should never assume, you usually make an ass out of yourself. This is one of those occasions. :happy-1:

Notice how well Trump is doing with Independents? Not too many want Trump to run for president in 2020.
Trump and Women, Independents: Worrisome Signs | RealClearPolitics

independents.jpeg

Trumps overall approval with Independents is just 34%.
Presidential Approval Ratings -- Donald Trump

Trump beat hitlary....

I love typing that it makes me smile....

giphy.gif

He isn't likely to sign anti-gun legislation anytime soon.

Did I mention he beat hitlary....

tWTBQDq.gif

That's the best I expected of him. Throughout the primaries I insisted Ted Cruz was the guy to get the obamunist disaster cleaned up and it would have taken him at least all 8 years to do what Trump did in 8 months. The economy is running well enough that optimism is way up.

Not only that but we don't have race riots every 6 months or so not sure if that's because Soros' lawyers offices know the courts are going to lose a lot of moonbats soon, or that the agitators know police will get them and make life hard for them and Eric Holder won't be there to work against law enforcement on the criminal's behalf.

Did I mention Trump beat hitlery...

I3lDztt.gif

The Kochs are bluffing.

Trump and his lemmings will set them straight soon enough.

Based on what information, Marc? Your freaking opinion? But based on what?

What you WANT to happen?

Infantile

The Kochs are old-school, they've never liked the Orange Turd, and they've got WAY MORE money than him.
Just another schism in the Right movement. Too bad the Left is running around in circles looking for a credible cause, too busy trying to control the damage being done by Capt. Bonespur.

You should never assume, you usually make an ass out of yourself. This is one of those occasions. :happy-1:

Notice how well Trump is doing with Independents? Not too many want Trump to run for president in 2020.

View attachment 207667

Yeah, because polls are so incredibly accurate, right dupe?

306 -- 232

live_map_president.png

View attachment 207667

Yeah, because polls are so incredibly accurate, right dupe?

306 -- 232

live_map_president.png

That was then, this is now dork. I doubt the Dems would run a worse candidate than they did in 2016, but then that's not a guarantee. But then Trump has shown what he's all about.
Finally, voters are much more informed and the demographics do not favor Trump.
As my mentor in college said, "it doesn't pay to live in the past, think forward".

"Kneecap"? that's a vulgar and offensive term even for the crazy and angry left. You almost gotta laugh that the left absolutely hated the Koch brothers and ridiculed their political contributions to mostly republican candidates and issues. Now the sissies at Vanity Fair suddenly think the Koch brothers are the greatest thing since sliced bread as long as since they can spin a simple statement into an inane editorial. It's mostly fake news and much ado about nothing.

So I didn't even vote Trump on my ballot, I wrote in Ted Cruz, but I will happily vote Trump in 2020.

I didn't believe for one second he would get in there and cause such a colossal ruckus, I figured it would be all hugs and bullshit. The entire senate golfing with him by now. He used to give those assholes a lot of money and benefited from it obviously, so I took him for a crook. Just for the sake of argument, I'll bet he's going to make some money from this just like the meat puppet faggot, the clintons, the bush's etc...All fucking crooks. You're full of shit if you can't admit it.

That said, he has not gone in there and made a lot of friends. The thing I liked about Ted Cruz was exactly that. Those assholes in DC needed to be reigned the fuck in. If the democrooks lose their asses in a few months (they're all asses I guess, it is their fuckin symbol) the republicrats have no excuse not to have a balanced budget, and a much more streamlined means of running government. Anyone who's been in the military knows how much waste happens with material. besides what is worthless when it was shipped and thrown away, but fully functional MRAPs never used being chopped up?

I think a lot of people who get very rich from government waste are terrified he might cut that tit of the massive pig.

The Koch Bros probably do have holdings in military contractors. They usually promote republicrats who preach balanced budgets, so I'm sure there is conflict in the GOP with Trump and a whole lot of rich people, I trust Trump over them to make a deal in the interest of the tax payer.

Plus Trump beat hitlery...

tumblr_oxyzc6QltS1ujbvclo1_500.gif

The Kochs are old-school, they've never liked the Orange Turd, and they've got WAY MORE money than him.
Just another schism in the Right movement. Too bad the Left is running around in circles looking for a credible cause, too busy trying to control the damage being done by Capt. Bonespur.

True enough. I listened to an interview of David Koch in early 2016. He said Trump was very personable when he met him, but couldn't abide by his radical policy ideas.

It’s War!:
For more:
You're not too educated...the Kochs have controlled the Rs for decades.
Why do you think we have so much cheap labor from South of the Border?

It’s War!:
For more:
If you read your article it states Trump didn't get any Koch money......ooooooooops Koch may find out like hilly policy Trump's money

So I didn't even vote Trump on my ballot, I wrote in Ted Cruz, but I will happily vote Trump in 2020.

I didn't believe for one second he would get in there and cause such a colossal ruckus, I figured it would be all hugs and bullshit. The entire senate golfing with him by now. He used to give those assholes a lot of money and benefited from it obviously, so I took him for a crook. Just for the sake of argument, I'll bet he's going to make some money from this just like the meat puppet faggot, the clintons, the bush's etc...All fucking crooks. You're full of shit if you can't admit it.

That said, he has not gone in there and made a lot of friends. The thing I liked about Ted Cruz was exactly that. Those assholes in DC needed to be reigned the fuck in. If the democrooks lose their asses in a few months (they're all asses I guess, it is their fuckin symbol) the republicrats have no excuse not to have a balanced budget, and a much more streamlined means of running government. Anyone who's been in the military knows how much waste happens with material. besides what is worthless when it was shipped and thrown away, but fully functional MRAPs never used being chopped up?

I think a lot of people who get very rich from government waste are terrified he might cut that tit of the massive pig.

The Koch Bros probably do have holdings in military contractors. They usually promote republicrats who preach balanced budgets, so I'm sure there is conflict in the GOP with Trump and a whole lot of rich people, I trust Trump over them to make a deal in the interest of the tax payer.

Plus Trump beat hitlery...

tumblr_oxyzc6QltS1ujbvclo1_500.gif

Trump beat Hillary in the electoral college.
What will be your excuse if a Dem beats Trump in the electoral college in 2020?
The same thing Trump said in 2012?

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

"The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy."

11:45 PM - Nov 6, 2012

Trump beat hitlary....

I love typing that it makes me smile....

giphy.gif

He isn't likely to sign anti-gun legislation anytime soon.

Did I mention he beat hitlary....

tWTBQDq.gif

That's the best I expected of him. Throughout the primaries I insisted Ted Cruz was the guy to get the obamunist disaster cleaned up and it would have taken him at least all 8 years to do what Trump did in 8 months. The economy is running well enough that optimism is way up.

Not only that but we don't have race riots every 6 months or so not sure if that's because Soros' lawyers offices know the courts are going to lose a lot of moonbats soon, or that the agitators know police will get them and make life hard for them and Eric Holder won't be there to work against law enforcement on the criminal's behalf.

Did I mention Trump beat hitlery...

I3lDztt.gif
Pete, Hillary had a history, lots of baggage. Trump was an unknown. But now Trump has a history, and lots of baggage.

Forum List

Back