The Justice Department Blocked AT&T from Gobbling up T-Mobile

that might be the case if they all didnt piggy back off each other.

maybe you need to read their website:
Unsupported Browser
their "system" already runs 4g

They all piggy back off of each other. Or did you think coast to coast coverage was magical?

The sheer logic failure in this thread is as astounding as the lefts sudden willingness to lose jobs just to spite ATT. Very telling...........

and punt...Good job..

There is no punt. ITS QUITE CLEAR THAT MANY ON THE LEFT DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT JOBS IF IT GETS IN THE WAY ON INTERFERING WITH A LARGE COMPANY.

Seriously thats the only concern im seeing in this thread. ATT this ATT that, not one mention of the 10's of thousands of jobs that will be lost if this merger isnt approved. Yet in the very next thread you will scream WHERE ARE THE JOBS JOBS JOBS you cant fucking have it both ways

The radio tower stock went up on the news that the merger is blocked for now.

So n they do not always piggyback. And roaming is sometimes blocked.

Ervery aquisition I have observed or been involved in has resulted in fewer overall employees as opposed to more employes.

Are you suggesting inefficiency is a good thing? If the new entity can operate with fewer employees and still remain competitive, it's the consumer that benefits.

Not necessarially since we live in a consumer spending based economy. Fewer jobs means less consumer spending.
that 9.1 % unemployment sure has the economy roaring along at an estimated 1.7% GDP growth for this year and projections are for about the same for the next 2 years.

You just made an argument in favor of running a business with more employees than is required. That's quite a plan there.

Why does Grampa thinks that AT&T will save the day? Oh yeah, because AT&T said so

Are you suggesting inefficiency is a good thing? If the new entity can operate with fewer employees and still remain competitive, it's the consumer that benefits.

Not necessarially since we live in a consumer spending based economy. Fewer jobs means less consumer spending.
that 9.1 % unemployment sure has the economy roaring along at an estimated 1.7% GDP growth for this year and projections are for about the same for the next 2 years.

You just made an argument in favor of running a business with more employees than is required. That's quite a plan there.

Nope I was just pointing out a fact. I proposed nothing.
consumers do not benefit if they have no job.

Last edited:
Why does Grampa thinks that AT&T will save the day? Oh yeah, because AT&T said so

Because ATT made concessions to the govt of what they would do were the merger allowed to go through. Do you think ATT is dumb enough to renig on an agreement with the very entitity that could cause them so many problems that the shitstorm resulting could severely damage their net worth? Get real and get informed

Because ATT made concessions to the govt of what they would do were the merger allowed to go through. Do you think ATT is dumb enough to renig on an agreement with the very entitity that could cause them so many problems that the shitstorm resulting could severely damage their net worth? Get real and get informed

Yeah they can go back on it then claim the govt is attacking them. Actually they can go back on it and give any excuse, whats to stop them? They are a Corporation and if they want to go back on it you would say it's their right to do so. If I said you killing yourself would create jobs would you believe me or do I have to form a corporation first?

Yeah they can go back on it then claim the govt is attacking them. Actually they can go back on it and give any excuse, whats to stop them? They are a Corporation and if they want to go back on it you would say it's their right to do so. If I said you killing yourself would create jobs would you believe me or do I have to form a corporation first?

Contractual agreements mean nothing huh?

Im done here, the logic in this thread is driving me nuts

AT&T has one of the worst customer service rating in US, where as T-Mobile has one of the best. As a T-Mobile customer, I want T-Moble to be T-Mobile.
Also, in a capitalistic economy, competition is good and favors the consumer.

and they are price gougers and a broken up monopoly from the '70's.

and punt...Good job..

There is no punt. ITS QUITE CLEAR THAT MANY ON THE LEFT DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT JOBS IF IT GETS IN THE WAY ON INTERFERING WITH A LARGE COMPANY.

Seriously thats the only concern im seeing in this thread. ATT this ATT that, not one mention of the 10's of thousands of jobs that will be lost if this merger isnt approved. Yet in the very next thread you will scream WHERE ARE THE JOBS JOBS JOBS you cant fucking have it both ways

yeah thats what you are trying to make the argument about and clearly its not.
See capitalism works best when you have a lot in the pot, and not just a few choices.
See if you are going to constantly argue for free market capitalism, at least you should understand it first.
Its clear you dont.

Both companies want the merger numbskull. Thats as free market as it gets except of course for the obstructionist govt that would rather see them go under and lose all the jobs. Where was that mentality with the banks and auto companies? Im deffinately not the hypocrite here thank you very much.

Im no fan of AT&T butt the people in Justice need to be put in prison for what they have done.

Deflect all they want, they are the real criminals, sending weapons to the drug cartels and the liberal dolts in the media and beyond just play coverup for them.

Welcome to the new banana republic of aMerica.
:offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic:

:clap2: Fucking Awesome. Someone has to stop At&T and their wanted monopoly.

T-Mobile users rejoice at Justice Dept. blocking AT&T merger - CNN.com

But in the Justice Department's eyes -- and anecdotally those of T-Mobile's customer base as well -- the costs of the merger may outweigh the benefits. "The combination of AT&T and T-Mobile would result in tens of millions of consumers all across the United States facing higher prices, fewer choices and lower quality products for mobile wireless services," said deputy attorney general James M. Cole in the Justice filing.

:clap2::clap2:CLAP YOUR HANDS AS MUCH AS YOU WANT TOO--BECAUSE AT& T promised they would bring BACK TO THE U.S. OVER 100,000 freaking JOBS BACK TO THE U.S.-

And prior to that you freakin LIBERAL MORONS--your freaking President Bill Clinton took apart MICRO-SOFT corporation which lead to the collapse of the tech sector in 2000 you freaking DUMB-ASSE'S

Don't complain to me about outsourcing and sending JOBS overseas--YOU FREAKING MORONS.

Last edited:

But in the Justice Department's eyes -- and anecdotally those of T-Mobile's customer base as well -- the costs of the merger may outweigh the benefits. "The combination of AT&T and T-Mobile would result in tens of millions of consumers all across the United States facing higher prices, fewer choices and lower quality products for mobile wireless services," said deputy attorney general James M. Cole in the Justice filing.

:clap2::clap2:CLAP YOUR HANDS AS MUCH AS YOU WANT TOO--BECAUSE AT& T promised they would bring BACK TO THE U.S. OVER 100,000 freaking JOBS BACK TO THE U.S.-

And prior to that you freakin LIBERAL MORONS--your freaking President Bill Clinton took apart MICRO-SOFT corporation which lead to the collapse of the tech sector in 2000 you freaking DUMB-ASSE'S

Don't complain to me about outsourcing and sending JOBS overseas--YOU FREAKING MORONS.

You hit the nail on the head. They keep crying about a monopoly. It doesnt matter either way as T-Mobile is going under. The only question is do we want to try to save the jobs or let them go. The monopoly argument is moot beause either way T-Mobile wont be around much longer.

SAVE THE DAMN JOBS FOR CHRISTS SAKE.

unbelieveable stupidity and utter lack of logic in this thread

You hit the nail on the head. They keep crying about a monopoly. It doesnt matter either way as T-Mobile is going under. The only question is do we want to try to save the jobs or let them go. The monopoly argument is moot beause either way T-Mobile wont be around much longer.

SAVE THE DAMN JOBS FOR CHRISTS SAKE.

unbelieveable stupidity and utter lack of logic in this thread

WTF--these dumb-ass liberals complain about losing manufacturing jobs--and high tech jobs to feakinG other countries--and they applaud this bull-shit--how freaking DUMB-ASS CAN THEY BE?

Last edited:

See capitalism works best when you have a lot in the pot, and not just a few choices.
See if you are going to constantly argue for free market capitalism, at least you should understand it first.
Its clear you dont.

Both companies want the merger numbskull. Thats as free market as it gets except of course for the obstructionist govt that would rather see them go under and lose all the jobs. Where was that mentality with the banks and auto companies? Im deffinately not the hypocrite here thank you very much.
Do you even remember what it was like when MA BELL was the monopoly phone company in the US? ATT SUCKS as a company. I will support anything that keeps that company from absorbing ANY other company. I was with Cingular when they were taken over by ATT. Service declined considerably. PLUS ATT is AGAINST net neutrality. Read up on that and get back to us.:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Its clear you dont.

Do you even remember what it was like when MA BELL was the monopoly phone company in the US? ATT SUCKS as a company. I will support anything that keeps that company from absorbing ANY other company. I was with Cingular when they were taken over by ATT. Service declined considerably. PLUS ATT is AGAINST net neutrality. Read up on that and get back to us.:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Yes, I remember mabell. What dont you understand about the company is going under anyways? Save the jobs idiot. If they go under all of their opperations will be bought up anyways so why not save the fucking jobs? I JUST DONT GET THE STUPIDITY

PS. Using a little cartoon figure at the end of your post does not make me feel the way you might think.

Its clear you dont.

I remember Ma bell ass-hole--my grandmother and mother still get a FREAKIN retirement check every feaking single month from them. And their health care is still covered by MA BELL--THAT YOU DON'T PAY FOR DUMB ASS.

]The dumbest thing the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT HAS EVER done was to break up MA Bell and Mico-Soft Corporation.

Last edited:
Court battle looms between U.S. and AT&T, T-Mobile - Yahoo! News
Two big communications deals, MCI's proposed takeover of Sprint in 1999 and EchoStar Communications Corp's deal to buy Hughes Electronic Corp's DirecTV in 2001 fell apart after the Justice Department challenged the deals.

"A preliminary question is whether AT&T will go to court. It's certainly not uncommon for companies to look at this and decide that the game isn't worth the gamble," said David Smutny, an antitrust lawyer with Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe.

Last edited:

Monopoly? Puhleeze. As I understand it, T-Mobile is the #4 wireless provider, and AT&T is #2. For those of us who can count, that means there's a #1 and a #3, at least. Hardly a monopoly, and hardly likely to allow a merged company to start hiking prices and blowing off the need for technological advances.

And that's completely leaving aside the fact that there's no way to HAVE a monopoly in a market like the US without government intervention. :eusa_hand:

They're afraid that by allowing this merger, there will only be two viable companies left. Sprint is about to go the way of Pontiac, Saturn, and Oldsmobile. What the government might allow however is a T-Mobile/Sprint merger. That would only be of lasting benefit if T-Mobile had controlling power though. Sprint is such a mess right now, if they had controlling power in a merger, they would just bring everything down.

Forum List

Back