The Impossibility of the Democrat Fantasy Electric World

Funny. The right with their polluting petroleum pumping out articles about how bad electricity is. But are the right going to give up electricity? Nope.

Electricity is a source of power. Petroleum fuels are a source of power. Each has it's best use and each has its worst.

Powering your PC or your TV by petroleum is probably just as bad of an idea as powering your car by electricity.

Subsidized is just another factor in the economics of it. Even the VA is getting it. They built an overhead ceiling for their parking area. It didn't cost that much more to replace the normal roof covering with solar sales. Before the early 1970s, the VA Hospital provided their own Coal fired electricity. 30 years later, they are now providing their own Electricity while selling the excess back to the Power company. This was done without being subsidized by the State. Even it there were subsidizing, it just made good sense.

BTW, we don't use anything other than completely renewable energy for electricity around here. We have shut down the coal fired plants all except one. The way it's done for shutdown, an alternate electricity source must be present before the shutdown. Right now, the Craig Coal Fired has 3 turbines with only one running. And that is progged to be shut down by 2025. Colorado has been working in this direction for the last 50 years. It's not done over night and it's still ongoing.

Either lead, follow or get the hell out of the way.
So...you do not understand what I posted or you ignored it. Which is it?

So...you do not understand what I posted or you ignored it. Which is it?

Oh, I understood what you are wanting to lead to. And I refuse to cooperate. I answered your "Statement", nothing more. I just didn't say the things that you demand I do. Reality is like that.

the VA Hospital... This was done without being subsidized by the State. Even it there were subsidizing, it just made good sense.

BTW, we don't use anything other than completely renewable energy for electricity around here.
The VA Hospital is the state, you are about as wrong as you get.

Nothing but renewable, except at night

Selling back excess? Even at night they have excess. You see them so you believe, ypu have no knowledge outside of the propaganda you heard

Electricity is a source of power. Petroleum fuels are a source of power. Each has it's best use and each has its worst.

Powering your PC or your TV by petroleum is probably just as bad of an idea as powering your car by electricity.
Technically, electricity is not a source of power. Electricity is a product derived by another type of energy.

I do agree with the premise of your comment.

The VA Hospital is the state, you are about as wrong as you get.

Nothing but renewable, except at night

Selling back excess? Even at night they have excess. You see them so you believe, ypu have no knowledge outside of the propaganda you heard
Apparently, they have no storage capacity, therefore power must be used as it is produced. Excess power can flow back to the grid and the hospital gets credit for it. Because they have no battery storage they must depend on the grid for power at night.

Subsidized is just another factor in the economics of it. Even the VA is getting it. They built an overhead ceiling for their parking area. It didn't cost that much more to replace the normal roof covering with solar sales. Before the early 1970s, the VA Hospital provided their own Coal fired electricity. 30 years later, they are now providing their own Electricity while selling the excess back to the Power company. This was done without being subsidized by the State. Even it there were subsidizing, it just made good sense.

BTW, we don't use anything other than completely renewable energy for electricity around here. We have shut down the coal fired plants all except one. The way it's done for shutdown, an alternate electricity source must be present before the shutdown. Right now, the Craig Coal Fired has 3 turbines with only one running. And that is progged to be shut down by 2025. Colorado has been working in this direction for the last 50 years. It's not done over night and it's still ongoing.

Either lead, follow or get the hell out of the way.
Exactly. While the right argues for higher and higher fossil fuel consumption, states are quietly moving away from it towards renewables. The right has no counter argument that makes any sense when renewables are becoming cheaper and is inexhaustible.

The hilarious part is that the back up plan for the right, is to build more nukes at much higher costs. Renewables USE a fusion reactor energy generator already. It’s called the sun, and it’s cheaper and more reliable. If the sun ever stops producing energy for us, we’ve got bigger problems then their incessant whining over Hillary and Hunter. The right has no plan. They never did.

Electricity IS power.
Electricity is energy.
Electricity IS power.
Whatever generates the electricity is the SOURCE of that power.

What generates power in the US?
That's the source of the power for your electric vehicle.
Electric vehicles need electricity to produce power.
Electricity is a source of power. It has to be converted to mechanical energy to produce power…..by electric motors for example in EVs.

Electricity is fungible and can be produce from many sources. Ideally, you help each community or user pproduce their own electricity depending upon the resources they have. Then, everyone is as independent as possible. We all can then give a big FU to OPEC.

Exactly. While the right argues for higher and higher fossil fuel consumption, states are quietly moving away from it towards renewables. The right has no counter argument that makes any sense when renewables are becoming cheaper and is inexhaustible.

The hilarious part is that the back up plan for the right, is to build more nukes at much higher costs. Renewables USE a fusion reactor energy generator already. It’s called the sun, and it’s cheaper and more reliable. If the sun ever stops producing energy for us, we’ve got bigger problems then their incessant whining over Hillary and Hunter. The right has no plan. They never did.

Except at night, or when it's cloudy, or during the winter when the angle ruins the overall efficiency.

Electricity is energy.

Electric vehicles need electricity to produce power.
Electricity is a source of power. It has to be converted to mechanical energy to produce power…..by electric motors for example in EVs.

Electricity is fungible and can be produce from many sources. Ideally, you help each community or user pproduce their own electricity depending upon the resources they have. Then, everyone is as independent as possible. We all can then give a big FU to OPEC.

We were giving an FU to OPEC and then Biden came in and had to start sucking their dick.

Apparently, they have no storage capacity, therefore power must be used as it is produced. Excess power can flow back to the grid and the hospital gets credit for it. Because they have no battery storage they must depend on the grid for power at night.
When power flows back to the grid, literally none of the solar power is used where it is produced.

The VA hospital is supplied 100% by the grid.

When power flows back to the grid, literally none of the solar power is used where it is produced.

The VA hospital is supplied 100% by the grid.
Where I live the power company has hundreds of acres of solar farms and the electricity produced flows directly into the common grid. So, it isn't so much where the power is used but that it contributes clean energy to the general power supply.

Renewables can't supply the power that we need. Even going forward the need outpaces all efforts at replacing fossil fuels with renewables.

Oh, I understood what you are wanting to lead to. And I refuse to cooperate. I answered your "Statement", nothing more. I just didn't say the things that you demand I do. Reality is like that.
You ignored it, because it does not fit your narrative.

This is...weapon grade stupid. No matter how much you scream and yell, solar panels will NEVER work for base load. Nuclear power is the obvious carbon-free solution...but, as expected, you hear the word "nuclear" and instantly shit your pants.

Nuclear power is the obvious carbon-free solution...but, as expected, you hear the word "nuclear" and instantly shit your pants.
There is no future for the Unite States that does not involve an expansion of US nuclear power generation..
The environazis will eventually have to face reality.

Ah the good old "Russia Russia Russia" trope from a good old TDS twat.
It works because it’s true. The right is still sucking up to Russia. He’s your white knight.
You ignored it, because it does not fit your narrative.

This is...weapon grade stupid. No matter how much you scream and yell, solar panels will NEVER work for base load. Nuclear power is the obvious carbon-free solution...but, as expected, you hear the word "nuclear" and instantly shit your pants.
Oh, renewables means solar panels to you, idiot. We have a nuclear power plant idiot; the sun. Are you so sick you’d rather build more and piss more money away ?

It works because it’s true. The right is still sucking up to Russia. He’s your white knight.

Oh, renewables means solar panels to you, idiot. We have a nuclear power plant idiot; the sun. Are you so sick you’d rather build more and piss more money away ?

The sun is a fusion reactor, and we don't get power via fusion, as it is too far away, but via photons, which have to be available to be used, i.e., daytime.

Forum List

Back