The Impossibility of the Democrat Fantasy Electric World

Solar and wind are NOT suitable for BASE LOAD
A new phrase coined from who, Tucker
In 2021, 72% of our state‘s total electricity net generation came from renewable energy, and hydroelectric power provided the largest share at 27%.
Is 72% enough to qualify for “Base Load“ or are you just going to be an idiot and pretend many states aren’t already getting their electricity needs met using fossil fuels.

Geesus fool. It’s already happening in many places other then brain fried red states where most are habitually poor.

Reprocess the spent fuel...like every other country does.

You can only do that so many times until what you have left is radioactive junk. Western States have underground storage for that radioactive junk. It's not really renewable. It's just cheap to operate once you get the site built.

Solar and wind are NOT suitable for BASE LOAD. Then never were and can never be. Speak with someone who ACTUALLY knows how a power grid works. Correct your ignorance.

One of the Cities in Texas primary electric source is wind and solar with NG as a backup. They have a huge electric battery backup system for the few night hours without any sunlight. The City owns the solar and wind farms as well as the batteries. When the rest of Texas is blacked out that city still has the lights on. Reality is a bitch. And consider this, almost all the city and county reps are Republicans.

Hydroelectric is being removed, the greenies hate it almost as much as fossil fuel.

A new phrase coined from who, Tucker
In 2021, 72% of our state‘s total electricity net generation came from renewable energy, and hydroelectric power provided the largest share at 27%.
Is 72% enough to qualify for “Base Load“ or are you just going to be an idiot and pretend many states aren’t already getting their electricity needs met using fossil fuels.

Geesus fool. It’s already happening in many places other then brain fried red states where most are habitually poor.
Look, I get it: you are spouting about things you have no understanding of. Talk to people who understand, correct your ignorance.

I doubt your 72% number...72% capacity, sure. Not 72% generation. Renewables simply do not have the capacity factor. (Not that you know what that is, either.)

You can only do that so many times until what you have left is radioactive junk. Western States have underground storage for that radioactive junk. It's not really renewable. It's just cheap to operate once you get the site built.

Good thing there are new reactor designs that are fueled by and CONSUME the "radioactive junk," then.

One of the Cities in Texas primary electric source is wind and solar with NG as a backup. They have a huge electric battery backup system for the few night hours without any sunlight. The City owns the solar and wind farms as well as the batteries. When the rest of Texas is blacked out that city still has the lights on. Reality is a bitch. And consider this, almost all the city and county reps are Republicans.

You answered your own question, though I suspect you do not realize you did so.

And hey-"few night hours" without sunlight? It's almost 15 hours of darkness today!

Good thing there are new reactor designs that are fueled by and CONSUME the "radioactive junk," then.

You can stop gaslighting anytime now.

You answered your own question, though I suspect you do not realize you did so.

And hey-"few night hours" without sunlight? It's almost 15 hours of darkness today!

Duration of sunlight for Dallas Tx is 10 hours and 5 minutes. And that is in the dead of Winter. That means 14 hours. But if you use a battery backup you can have electricity around the clock. Tesla is making millions selling cities their battery backup systems. More and more Cities are going that route because it just makes economical sense. You can gaslight all you want but reality can't be changed by your lies.

Look, I get it: you are spouting about things you have no understanding of. Talk to people who understand, correct your ignorance.

I doubt your 72% number...72% capacity, sure. Not 72% generation. Renewables simply do not have the capacity factor. (Not that you know what that is, either.)
Woo woo
”capacity factor”
I know you’re trying to sound smart about this, but it’s not working. It’s hilarious that somehow all you do is whine about solar energy and have no idea what you are talking about. Have you really ever seen a hydroelectric plant ? The strength in their use is in their diversity. You think opec is more reliable. You’re a fossil fuel stooge.

Talk to people who understand, correct your ignorance.
Who is that ? You or the state agencies and energy corporations and energy research facilities who are actually using renewables. So tell us. Who are more knowledgeable ?

Speak instead of making up shit yourself..

How about Exxon…
“Exxon Mobil Corp. will use renewable energy to produce oil in West Texas. Under 12-year agreements with Denmark’s Orsted A/S, Exxon will buy 500 megawatts of wind and solar power in the Permian Basin, the fastest growing U.S. oil field. It is the largest ever renewable power contract signed by an oil company, according to Bloomberg NEF.”

Reprocess the spent fuel...like every other country does.

Solar and wind are NOT suitable for BASE LOAD. Then never were and can never be. Speak with someone who ACTUALLY knows how a power grid works. Correct your ignorance.

Hydroelectric is being removed, the greenies hate it almost as much as fossil fuel.
Gee, you nuke proponents want to spend more money on highly expensive plants when renewables are cheaper per KW of energy Over their lifetime. Amazing . You used to claim you were doing it to save money.

Of course, you never heard of batteries, mechanical storage in reservoirs and a combination of renewables unaffected by “nighttime” where power demand is shifted to another renewable. Is that the only way you can get your puppy at night ?

Woo woo
”capacity factor”
I know you’re trying to sound smart about this, but it’s not working. It’s hilarious that somehow all you do is whine about solar energy and have no idea what you are talking about. Have you really ever seen a hydroelectric plant ? The strength in their use is in their diversity. You think opec is more reliable. You’re a fossil fuel stooge.

Every word of that is a lie. I'm not in favor of fossil fuel: the contrary, I'm 100% in favor of switching to nuclear power across the board. But you're not smart enough to understand that.

Gee, you nuke proponents want to spend more money on highly expensive plants when renewables are cheaper per KW of energy Over their lifetime. Amazing . You used to claim you were doing it to save money.

Renewables are (still) not reliable. ANyone honest would admit that. (You won't, of course.)

Enlighten us…..tell us what your “capacity factor “ represents.

If you do not understand what capacity factor is, you have nothing worthwhile to add to the topic unless and until you correct your ignorance.

Renewables are (still) not reliable. ANyone honest would admit that. (You won't, of course.)
You’re only argument is agaisnt solar panels, and that’s hilarious. As states, the military, corps and even Exxon are headed that way. So your stupid ass opinion means nothing.
Why should I agree with you over the enlightened world.

Every word of that is a lie. I'm not in favor of fossil fuel: the contrary, I'm 100% in favor of switching to nuclear power across the board. But you're not smart enough to understand that.

If you do not understand what capacity factor is, you have nothing worthwhile to add to the topic unless and until you correct your ignorance.
You can’t even tell us can you ? So much for your BS.

Yup, you are so poorly informed.
Nuclear energy requires vast sums of water released back into the environment polluted with salts and heavy metals. Not only is there radioactive material produced during*use, but the heavy equipped used and exposed to uranium ore has to ultimately be buried after the radioactivity reaches a certain level, I guess, you like to glow in the dark.

You’re only argument is agaisnt solar panels, and that’s hilarious. As states, the military, corps and even Exxon are headed that way. So your stupid ass opinion means nothing.
Why should I agree with you over the enlightened world.

No, that's wrong. Yes, when grid power is not available (military bases, remote oil operations, barges), less-optimal methods are needed. Wind is also not reliable enough.

You can’t even tell us can you ? So much for your BS.

Of course I can. You, however, cannot, and are desperately trying to hide your obvious ignorance.

Yup, you are so poorly informed.
Nuclear energy requires vast sums of water released back into the environment polluted with salts and heavy metals. Not only is there radioactive material produced during*use, but the heavy equipped used and exposed to uranium ore has to ultimately be buried after the radioactivity reaches a certain level, I guess, you like to glow in the dark.

Every word of this is a lie.

Are you a paid shill, or just stupid enough to invest a pile of money in "green" energy?

No, that's wrong. Yes, when grid power is not available (military bases, remote oil operations, barges), less-optimal methods are needed. Wind is also not reliable enough.

You don't listen too well, do you. Our Solar is backed up by battery farms that use the excess of power in the sunlight times and discharges when there is no sunlight. You keep leaving out that fact., Is that a pipe dream? Nope, we are already doing that in Colorado.

Of course I can. You, however, cannot, and are desperately trying to hide your obvious ignorance.

Are you a paid shill, or just stupid enough to invest a pile of money in "green" energy?

Hate to break it to you but you are working for someone and posting this nonsense. That's the only thing it can be. Even YOU aren't that stupid.

You don't listen too well, do you. Our Solar is backed up by battery farms that use the excess of power in the sunlight times and discharges when there is no sunlight. You keep leaving out that fact., Is that a pipe dream? Nope, we are already doing that in Colorado.

So...how long do the batteries last? Because I went four days without seeing the sun this week. When that happens (usually not more than a couple times a month), you need backups. Almost certainly, the backups are natural-gas peaker plants. (Nothing else can power up and down quickly.)

The battery size needed for a city would be enormous, acres and acres of it, with thousands upon thousands of batteries.

So...how long do the batteries last? Because I went four days without seeing the sun this week. When that happens (usually not more than a couple times a month), you need backups. Almost certainly, the backups are natural-gas peaker plants. (Nothing else can power up and down quickly.)

Then I suggest you get out of the basement and see the outdoors. Video Games don't count. Unless you live near the northern polar caps, you are just gaslighting again. Even then, the Sun does peak out of the horizon in the dead of winter even in Point Barrel Alaska. Now, if you lived right on the north pole, you can't go 4 days without seeing sunlight unless you are stuck in your mothers basement.

As for backups, we utilize Hydroelectric with Wind and Solar as backups. The Curecanti Series of Dams exports electricity as far as Los Angeles. Since the completion of the Curcenti series we have slowly been closing down the coal fired plants in both electricity generation and factories. We have on Coal Fired Plant working and that's progged to be shutdown in 2025 when the solar power makes up the difference.

The battery size needed for a city would be enormous, acres and acres of it, with thousands upon thousands of batteries.

I know of cities with less than 100k population that uses them. Of course, Metros won't because the demand is too high. But there is no reason that .solar can't be used as the primary while Natural Gas can be used as backup.

You are about 10 years out of date. Things are changing with or without you.

You are completely ignorant has to how renewables are managed. It’s hilarious. Renewables , just like fossil fuel plants have more then one boiler so they can be switched from one to another during maintenance, power companies using renewables switch from one source to another as needed. You really have no concept of managing electricity do you deniers ?

Of course, you’ll absolutely refuse to even research the vary companies using them. Your so ignorant. electricity travels at near light speed and switching renewable sources is normal, even between states on the same area grid.

Ha ha. Geesus wake up. It’s not the 1800s.

Wind doesn’t have to be reliable 24/7 dumbass. It only has to available over time. I guess “ mechanical and chemical storage” which we’ve been using for decades, even with fossil fuels is totally out of you League understanding.

Forum List

Back