The Impeachment Trial of Donald Trump: Can He be Convicted?

If 2/3's of Senate votes to "remove The Donald from office", all that would mean is he couldn't run for elective office again ...
If the senate passes it, they can also vote to remove his pension, secret service, a library etc.

How could they "remove" a privately funded library?
They cant stop a privately funded library. However, a "presidential library" is ran by the office of presidential libraries and maintained by federal $

Slim to none, and slim just left the building.
I would not be too sure of that. Republicans are abandoning him like rats from a sinking ship. They know the damage that he has done to the Reoublican brand and they know that the country can't go through another 4 years of him. Hell the world cant either. I am willing to bet that there are enough Republicans who are willing to risk the rath of his base for the good of the country. And there are senators with presidential ambitions who do not want him gunking up their primary field

They know the damage that he has done to the Reoublican brand

They also know the damage the Party would take were he to be convicted.

At best, they will get 57 votes, (a guess), of the 67 needed to convict
Actually the party may well be damaged beyond repair already given the deep division that he has created. I predict that the party will split into two, possibly s soon as the midterms. You will have the "Regular Repulicans " Mwho still have some semblance of sanity, and the Trump-publicans, or the QAnon Shamin Republicans or maybe the Patriot Party which would be a real joke

If 2/3's of Senate votes to "remove The Donald from office", all that would mean is he couldn't run for elective office again ...
If the senate passes it, they can also vote to remove his pension, secret service, a library etc.
Not secret service. That is for our protection as well as his.
The former presidents act specifies that if a president is removed via impeachment, they could lose all their benefits. Meaning, they lose the "former president" title.
I know obama signed something that gave former presidents SS detail for life. IDK if that definition was passed on to this or what.

They cant stop a privately funded library. However, a "presidential library" is ran by the office of presidential libraries and maintained by federal $
His library is going to be a book cart that he will be pushing between cells at Attica

His library is going to be a book cart that he will be pushing between cells at Attica
I dont figure he will get much funding for it

The former presidents act specifies that if a president is removed via impeachment, they could lose all their benefits. Meaning, they lose the "former president" title.
I know obama signed something that gave former presidents SS detail for life. IDK if that definition was passed on to this or what.
He has had access. He has knowledge that could be of benefit to enemies of the United States. He ought to keep it for at least 6 years. After that time it would mostly be useless, except as an imbarrassment, but of course, he himself is already and embarrassment.

He has had access. He has knowledge that could be of benefit to enemies of the United States. He ought to keep it for at least 6 years. After that time it would mostly be useless, except as an imbarrassment, but of course, he himself is already and embarrassment.
Well yeah, i get your point. Im just saying i believe they have the power to take it away.

There will be no trial.

Can the object of the hatred of the Reich be convicted without a trial?

Of course. It's not like we have a functional system of government.

I love how the Reich quotes Nazi fuck Joaquin Castro who openly incited riots and violence all summer.

------------------------------

Then in 2019, Texas Rep. Joaquin Castro said Democrats would “fight [Trump] and challenge him in every way that we can in the Congress, in the courts, and in the streets and protests,” regarding if Trump declared a national emergency.

In 2019, when Trump was considering declaring a “national emergency” over the then-gov’t shutdown, Rep. @JoaquinCastrotx said if he did, Democrats would “fight him … in the streets” pic.twitter.com/rxSnSKhhLn
There will be no trial.? How will there be no trial. THe Democrats has the Senate . You must have a tnuous grip on reality just like your saviour T-Rump

im also pretty sure that if they impeach him after wednesday, it wont matter. He wont lose his presidential status because he wasnt removed by the Senate.

All you gotta do is show where he actually incited anybody.
Capitol Insurrectionists Said They Were Following Trump’s Orders | HuffPost

Numerous insurrectionists have stated that they came to Washington, marched on the Capitol and stormed it on Trump’s orders. These statements can be read or heard in statements of facts and affidavits from the Department of Justice, on-the-ground news reports and interviews conducted after the insurrection, and from the livestreamed footage that the rioters took themselves.
“Our president wants us here,” a man live-streaming from inside the Capitol building said, according to a New York Times report. “We wait and take orders from our president.”

[Y]ou’ll never take back your country with weakness,” Trump added. “You have to show strength and be strong.”

And Trump organized the rally and invited these people:

Rudy Giuliani, Trump’s lawyer and the former mayor of New York City, called for a “trial by combat” to keep Trump in power.
At a far-right rally the night before, Trump’s former national security adviser Michael Flynn, who was pardoned by the president on Dec. 8, told rally-goers to “bleed” for freedom.

Last edited:

Numerous insurrectionists have stated that they came to Washington, marched on the Capitol and stormed it on Trump’s orders. These statements can be read or heard in statements of facts and affidavits from the Department of Justice, on-the-ground news reports and interviews conducted after the insurrection, and from the livestreamed footage that the rioters took themselves.
“Our president wants us here,” a man live-streaming from inside the Capitol building said, according to a New York Times report. “We wait and take orders from our president.”

[Y]ou’ll never take back your country with weakness,” Trump added. “You have to show strength and be strong.”

Rudy Giuliani, Trump’s lawyer and the former mayor of New York City, called for a “trial by combat” to keep Trump in power.
At a far-right rally the night before, Trump’s former national security adviser Michael Flynn, who was pardoned by the president on Dec. 8, told rally-goers to “bleed” for freedom.
You just incited me!! Now, I'm going to go burn down a republican person's house. Prepare for jail time accordingly.

You know it absolutely flabbergasts me how stupid people can be these days. What matters isn't THEIR actions, but his. You have to show what TRUMP said to encourage people not the excuses people offer for their behavior.

Damn, Idiocracy sure came to America faster than I ever thought it would.

Slim to none, and slim just left the building.
I would not be too sure of that. Republicans are abandoning him like rats from a sinking ship. They know the damage that he has done to the Reoublican brand and they know that the country can't go through another 4 years of him. Hell the world cant either. I am willing to bet that there are enough Republicans who are willing to risk the rath of his base for the good of the country. And there are senators with presidential ambitions who do not want him gunking up their primary field

They know the damage that he has done to the Reoublican brand

They also know the damage the Party would take were he to be convicted.

At best, they will get 57 votes, (a guess), of the 67 needed to convict
Actually the party may well be damaged beyond repair already given the deep division that he has created. I predict that the party will split into two, possibly s soon as the midterms. You will have the "Regular Repulicans " Mwho still have some semblance of sanity, and the Trump-publicans, or the QAnon Shamin Republicans or maybe the Patriot Party which would be a real joke
Probably the wounds will heal and the party moves forward as one.

BY RALPH NADER

Texas Congressman Joaquin Castro ... asked his colleagues: “If inciting a deadly insurrection is not enough to get a president impeached, then what is?” Ten Republicans voted for Impeachment, but 197 House Republicans disagreed....

Congressional Republicans have aided and abetted, for four years, Trump’s assertion that ... “I can do whatever I want as president.” Dangerous Donald did just that. He finally incited a massive, homicidal street crime against the very Congress that let him get away with everything, day after day ...

The GOP speakers who defended Trump in the House Impeachment debate will go down in history as unsurpassed political cowards ... Trump’s Congressional protectors, however, failed. The House of Representatives voted for Articles of Impeachment that are on their way to the Senate for a certain trial. The Senate should convict treacherous unrepentant Trump and ban him from ever seeking federal office again....

Trump’s business allies and supporters are not waiting for any verdicts. Major corporations such as Disney, Coca-Cola, and J.P. Morgan Chase have suspended campaign contributions to the GOP. Last week, the powerful National Association of Manufacturers demanded that Trump be removed from office under the 25th Amendment. Trump’s banks, to whom he owes hundreds of millions of dollars, are distancing themselves from their insatiable borrower....

McConnell ... is turning against Trump by declining to oppose Impeachment and signaling that he may unleash his Republican Senators to convict Trump, if only for their own political survival. The GOP polls are slipping and will slip more as the toxic stench of what occurred before and during the January 6th attack increases....

McConnell does not want Trump either to run or threaten to run again in 2024. The only way that yoke can be lifted is to free 17 or more Republican Senators to vote for conviction followed by a simple majority vote banning Trump from future federal office...

What are the probabilities that a conviction in the Senate will be achieved? Better than 50/50, given the survival instincts of the politicians wanting ... Trump off their backs.

The Impeachment Trial of Donald Trump: Can He be Convicted? - CounterPunch.org
17 votes sure seems like a stretch.

I'm not even sure that McConnell is as powerful in this as I'm hearing. These people are terrified of being primaried, murdered, or both, so no doubt many will vote against conviction while wishing they could vote for it. I don't know that getting his blessing or partnership in voting for conviction is their top priority.

Here's hoping, but I'd definitely put the odds at less than 50/50.

BY RALPH NADER

Texas Congressman Joaquin Castro ... asked his colleagues: “If inciting a deadly insurrection is not enough to get a president impeached, then what is?” Ten Republicans voted for Impeachment, but 197 House Republicans disagreed....

Congressional Republicans have aided and abetted, for four years, Trump’s assertion that ... “I can do whatever I want as president.” Dangerous Donald did just that. He finally incited a massive, homicidal street crime against the very Congress that let him get away with everything, day after day ...

The GOP speakers who defended Trump in the House Impeachment debate will go down in history as unsurpassed political cowards ... Trump’s Congressional protectors, however, failed. The House of Representatives voted for Articles of Impeachment that are on their way to the Senate for a certain trial. The Senate should convict treacherous unrepentant Trump and ban him from ever seeking federal office again....

Trump’s business allies and supporters are not waiting for any verdicts. Major corporations such as Disney, Coca-Cola, and J.P. Morgan Chase have suspended campaign contributions to the GOP. Last week, the powerful National Association of Manufacturers demanded that Trump be removed from office under the 25th Amendment. Trump’s banks, to whom he owes hundreds of millions of dollars, are distancing themselves from their insatiable borrower....

McConnell ... is turning against Trump by declining to oppose Impeachment and signaling that he may unleash his Republican Senators to convict Trump, if only for their own political survival. The GOP polls are slipping and will slip more as the toxic stench of what occurred before and during the January 6th attack increases....

McConnell does not want Trump either to run or threaten to run again in 2024. The only way that yoke can be lifted is to free 17 or more Republican Senators to vote for conviction followed by a simple majority vote banning Trump from future federal office...

What are the probabilities that a conviction in the Senate will be achieved? Better than 50/50, given the survival instincts of the politicians wanting ... Trump off their backs.

I think Trump will be convicted.. Not only for what he's done, but because the Republican party needs to purge the Trumps. The GOP made a mistake when they supported the dumbest and most corrupt man we have ever had in the WH.

You just incited me!! Now, I'm going to go burn down a republican person's house. Prepare for jail time accordingly.

You know it absolutely flabbergasts me how stupid people can be these days. What matters isn't THEIR actions, but his. You have to show what TRUMP said to encourage people not the excuses people offer for their behavior.

Damn, Idiocracy sure came to America faster than I ever thought it would.
Ok he did not say "go and storm the Capital and terrorize congress people. As stupid as he is, he is smarter than that. But, the bottom line is, that it would not have happened if he did not organize that mob and ginned them up with his claims of a stolen election and telling them to take back their country.

BY RALPH NADER

I think Trump will be convicted.. Not only for what he's done, but because the Republican party needs to purge the Trumps. The GOP made a mistake when they supported the dumbest and most corrupt man we have ever had in the WH.

That's why you are quickly becoming known on this message board as complete and total mental case! Keep up the good work!

BY RALPH NADER

That's why you are quickly becoming known on this message board as complete and total mental case! Keep up the good work!

Trump and his sons have threatened the GOP.. including and specifically the Republicans in Georgia. He's out for revenge because he lost the election. They need to get rid of him ..

How do you figure he will wind up there? That is a maximum security facility. What has Trump done that would warrant that?

Besides that, all he has to do is stay out of NY and they can't touch him. I can see "For Sale" signs listed on on his property in NY anyway.

Forum List

Back