The GOP’s hatred of green energy reminds me of their hatred for LED bulbs.

Remember all the articles at the USMB on LED bulbs and how awful they were and how expensive they were and how they were no good?

All the ridicule and name-calling and even accusing LED bulbs of being a left-wing plot?

And now they’re everywhere. Every bulb in my house is an LED bulb.

I even have those little miniature solar bulbs that sit outside and charge during the day and light up during the night.

Sometimes it seems Republicans won’t be happy until we’re back living in caves and having a Stone Age Renaissance.

While the rest of the world moves on to clean energy Republicans want to circle the wagons and live in the past. It won’t work. The future is coming whether they want it or not.
What a lying piece of shit!

It was CFL bulbs you forced on us... You know the ones that, when broken, create a hazardous environment needing hazmat to clean them up due to MERCURY used in them.

LED's were the answer to that poisoning of American's forced on us by you lying pieces of shit. IT was innovation to stop you fucking idiots from killing us...

Yeah....I was trying to find which bulbs they started demanding we use before LED bulbs....CFL bulbs were the ones with lead...right? The ones they insisted.....mandated, we use instead of the old bulbs......luckily, capitalism beat them...
it was the toxic, heavy metal, Mercury. it wasn't lead.
Perhaps if the manufacturers called them by their technical name, mercury vapor lamp (MVL), instead of calling them compact fluorescent lights (CFL), no consumers would be confused about what they contain.

Remember all the articles at the USMB on LED bulbs and how awful they were and how expensive they were and how they were no good?

All the ridicule and name-calling and even accusing LED bulbs of being a left-wing plot?

I even have those little miniature solar bulbs that sit outside and charge during the day and light up during the night.

Sometimes it seems Republicans won’t be happy until we’re back living in caves and having a Stone Age Renaissance.

While the rest of the world moves on to clean energy Republicans want to circle the wagons and live in the past. It won’t work. The future is coming whether they want it or not.

Derp, aren’t LED bulbs considered “Green Energy”?

I own smart bulbs, they are more energy efficient than your bulbs will ever be. Maybe you should move out of the Stone Age and get into this century. Your bulbs are not that efficient.
my electricity bill went down a good deal after i installed LED's at my place.....they are way more efficient than the incandescents or florescent ones....in my experience anyway......

I agree, my smart bulbs cost $30-$50 apiece, in my kitchen all the lights were controlled be two switches, now I can control each light individually. I can adjust the brightness, the type of light, time they go on or off. All controlled by an app. We have saved a lot of money and it’s convenient.

LED bulbs are everywhere. But not because people want them.

I tried every crappy new-agey bulb around...and returned to incandescent. All the new junk has only one thing going for it, that being it uses slightly less electricity. Big friggin' deal! They all put out less light, and the light they do put out is of lower quality, and yes, I got a light meter. All burn hotter than incandescent, jacking up the temperature, which in turn requires more electricity for air conditioner or fans. One type poisons landfills. The other sort has a shorter life than incandescent. Both kinds are more expensive than incandescent, maybe not by much, but you still end up paying more for getting less. These hippy-dippy innovations are not how I would define innovative, so I'll be sticking with the old-fashioned sort.
All burn hotter than incandescent
you must have different LED'S than what i have...i can touch mine with no problem,they are warm not hot....

I can touch mine as well, yet when I use it with no incandescent my tiny studio feels like a sauna within four hours...only baking a pie in the oven turns this place into heatstroke city faster. Using only incandescent the temperature raises only a few degrees within four hours, despite the bulbs being too hot to touch. Weird but true.

I tried every crappy new-agey bulb around...and returned to incandescent. All the new junk has only one thing going for it, that being it uses slightly less electricity. Big friggin' deal! They all put out less light, and the light they do put out is of lower quality, and yes, I got a light meter. All burn hotter than incandescent, jacking up the temperature, which in turn requires more electricity for air conditioner or fans. One type poisons landfills. The other sort has a shorter life than incandescent. Both kinds are more expensive than incandescent, maybe not by much, but you still end up paying more for getting less. These hippy-dippy innovations are not how I would define innovative, so I'll be sticking with the old-fashioned sort.
Literally everything here is wrong.

Once again one of our far left Trolls tries to re-write history.

As has been posted here already, it was the CFL bulbs and the banning of 100-watt incandescents and then others that caused the ruckus and rightfully so! Today they are being discontinued after we were wrongly forced by the Greenies to put them in our houses and businesses.

You were wrong back then deanrd and you are wrong again. Step up and admit the obvious!

I've never seen any of what you claim, but let's be honest here, no one has ever seen any of what claim, ever.

Notice how rdean runs after getting his ass kicked on every thread he starts?

He gets distracted by the new pages coming out of the fax machine. He's required to post any new ones within two hours or he gets a "visit".

Physics is physics. The manufacturing process for LED bulbs has a giant carbon footprint. Another stupid corporate cronyism job between GE and the government.

The price of those bulbs were expensive at the time. And there was the technology to make the bulbs we used before last longer. Of course there is mercury in plenty of the newer bulbs that we will just throw out.

I don’t have a problem at all with “green technology”. I have a problem trying to mandate it.

statism-ideas-so-good-they-aremanditory-memes-funny-pics-6879975.png

Once again one of our far left Trolls tries to re-write history.

As has been posted here already, it was the CFL bulbs and the banning of 100-watt incandescents and then others that caused the ruckus and rightfully so! Today they are being discontinued after we were wrongly forced by the Greenies to put them in our houses and businesses.

You were wrong back then deanrd and you are wrong again. Step up and admit the obvious!

Don't put too much faith in the incandescent ban. I can still occasionally buy them locally, despite Home Depot and a host of others caving to the pressure tactics of Nannyites, and they are fairly easy to purchase online. I always try for the 130volt 150 watt sort. For some reason these last about a month longer than standard 120 volt ones.

Chickenshit deanrd fixed it so I couldn't respond to his post on the passing of David Koch so here goes....It's sad that liberals have to twist themselves int a freaking pretzel to refrain from saying something bad about a philanthropist who donated almost 200 million dollars to a cancer research facility in New York but that's the nature of the hateful left these days.

Your post is either incredibly confusing or incredibly confusing because it’s so stupid.

You Said you have a light meter that measures temperature and that LED bulbs put out more heat than the old fashion bulbs? Because if that’s what you’re saying, then that’s stupid. And you’re lying. Or just stupid. Please clarify.

All burn hotter than incandescent
you must have different LED'S than what i have...i can touch mine with no problem,they are warm not hot....

I can touch mine as well, yet when I use it with no incandescent my tiny studio feels like a sauna within four hours...only baking a pie in the oven turns this place into heatstroke city faster. Using only incandescent the temperature raises only a few degrees within four hours, despite the bulbs being too hot to touch. Weird but true.
Not true. Heat is energy. The energy has to come from somewhere. If LED bulbs use 1/10 the energy and you can put your hand on it and not get burned then it’s not heating up your room. To say otherwise is just stupid.

The title of this thread is:

I don’t know about these other bulbs you guys are talking about. The only one I mentioned was LEDs. And there is no mercury in LED bulbs.

NO MERCURY IN LED BULBS...........PERIOD!!!!!

The title of this thread is:

I don’t know about these other bulbs you guys are talking about. The only one I mentioned was LEDs. And there is no mercury in LED bulbs.

NO MERCURY IN LED BULBS...........PERIOD!!!!!
you dont know what a CFL bulb is....yea right....

Your post is either incredibly confusing or incredibly confusing because it’s so stupid.

You Said you have a light meter that measures temperature and that LED bulbs put out more heat than the old fashion bulbs? Because if that’s what you’re saying, then that’s stupid. And you’re lying. Or just stupid. Please clarify.

Only "confusing" to those perpetually confused, as are the majority of your posts. Like all Lefties, you read what you want to read, and understand only what you want to understand. What I said was "They all put out less light, and the light they do put out is of lower quality, and yes, I got a light meter." A light meter measures the amount of light a source puts out.

A thermometer measures heat. I have a thermometer in each room, and an outdoor version outside the window. This means I am able to monitor both the outside temperature, and inside temperature on a room-by- room basis. The landlord replaced the light fixtures about 16 months ago, all but one with your crappy LED crap. The other one I ain't sure what it is. Halogen? Mercury-halide? What ever it is, it pours out heat worse than a damn infrared heatlamp.

Anyway, I did not go for this BS, so I went to the salvage yard, bought me three incandescent stand lamps and one thingie with a lightbulb screw-n fixture on one end and a corded plug on the other, which I hang from the ceiling. So now I have a choice. When I use LED crap my tiny studio turns into a sweatbox within four hours. When I use incandescent, the temperature rises a little, but is tolerable. Now I got a portable air conditioner, so I could set that up and use your gawdawful LEDs...but why would I? Your crap:
1. Raises the temperature in my studio to the point I have to turn into a nudist!
2. Puts out less light than incandescent, and that light is an inferior quality.
3. Costs more, and when the bulb burns out the landlord has to come by to replace it.
Not only will I not break out the portable air conditioner to accommodate this "Nanny State' crap, I will make no such accommodations whatever! What I will do is continue to stockpile incandescent bulbs, and use what works best. Exactly as I did when the braindeads outlawed plastic bags, and made recycling mandatory.

Forum List

Back