The 'Good Deeds' thread

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Last year when we had snow and ice, and ice spikes (icicles or whatever harmless thing you call them) I noticed a bunch of the kids playing in the snow around our clubhouse. Over their heads and seemingly unnoticed to them were two and three foot ice spikes. Knowing these things come down on people's heads all the time I walked out there and brought them to the kids' attention.

This year, same thing. Several meter-long, inch or more in diameter ice spikes poised precariously over kids' heads. Noticing a couple boys playing underneath yesterday, my thoughts once again turned to the risk. After they headed in, I bundled up, grabbed my mop (for lack of a better tool) and trapsed out there and whacked em all down around the perimeter of the building.

Some were absolutely huge and made a thud hitting the ground instead of a crackle with the smaller ones. Nobody asked me to do it, I don't have kids at risk, no one mentioned it or for all I know even saw it. But it needed to be done so I did it. And all without believing in God. :)

Last year when we had snow and ice, and ice spikes (icicles or whatever harmless thing you call them) I noticed a bunch of the kids playing in the snow around our clubhouse. Over their heads and seemingly unnoticed to them were two and three foot ice spikes. Knowing these things come down on people's heads all the time I walked out there and brought them to the kids' attention.

This year, same thing. Several meter-long, inch or more in diameter ice spikes poised precariously over kids' heads. Noticing a couple boys playing underneath yesterday, my thoughts once again turned to the risk. After they headed in, I bundled up, grabbed my mop (for lack of a better tool) and trapsed out there and whacked em all down around the perimeter of the building.

Some were absolutely huge and made a thud hitting the ground instead of a crackle with the smaller ones. Nobody asked me to do it, I don't have kids at risk, no one mentioned it or for all I know even saw it. But it needed to be done so I did it. And all without believing in God. :)

Just think of all the good you could do if you did believe in God. I will thank you for capitalizing the G in God and for caring about the safety of the kids. Many of the other atheist pissants post god which displays their ignorance. There may be hope for you after all.

Just think of all the good you could do if you did believe in God. I will thank you for capitalizing the G in God and for caring about the safety of the kids. Many of the other atheist pissants post god which displays their ignorance. There may be hope for you after all.

I used to be pretty fundy about Judaism, some remnants remain. :)

If you have ragged edges-----you should have the procedure revised. ---a badly done
bris -----not as protective as is a well done---non ragged edged job

There I was, sitting at the light, waiting on the green arrow to turn left. As I look across the intersection I see a local LEO bike officer. As I get the arrow and roll through the intersection, I give the officer a respectful 'nod' (yeah, bikers are like blacks, we acknowledge those like us, we dont know) and go on about my business. I was really close to home at that point and was surprised to hear his horn and siren on my a$$. I pulled over and sat there with my hands on the tank. Heres how it went

Officer- Do you know why I stopped you?

Me- Um, no....

Officer- That helmet you're wearing does not appear to be DOT certified

Me-- Correct, it's not

Officer- Why don't you wear a helmet like mine so when you slide down the asphalt it will protect your face

Me- If I had my druthers, I wouldn't wear a helmet at all

Officer- Well, I'm going to have to write you up

Me- really? Local LEO is now going to start enforcing helmet laws?

Officer- Yep, captain said we had to start enforcing all laws

Me- OK, what's this going to cost me?

Officer- I don't know, you're only the second ticket I've given

Me- Nice

Officer- Anyone at home?

Me- Why?

Officer- You need someone to bring you a DOT helmet.

Me- I think I'll just walk home from here and get it myself. Then I thought..... Wait a minute, I have a DOT helmet in my saddlebag. Is it OK to get off my bike and get it?

Officer- Sure, go ahead. BTW- Why don't you wear the helmet all the time?

Me- I only needed it to get on base to visit my brother.

Officer- Shook his head and off he went.

Summary- No good deed goes unpunished

-Geaux

There I was, sitting at the light, waiting on the green arrow to turn left. As I look across the intersection I see a local LEO bike officer. As I get the arrow and roll through the intersection, I give the officer a respectful 'nod' (yeah, bikers are like blacks, we acknowledge those like us, we dont know) and go on about my business. I was really close to home at that point and was surprised to hear his horn and siren on my a$$. I pulled over and sat there with my hands on the tank. Heres how it went

Me- Um, no....

Me-- Correct, it's not

Officer- Why don't you wear a helmet like mine so when you slide down the asphalt it will protect your face

Me- Nice

Officer- Anyone at home?

Me- Why?

Me- I think I'll just walk home from here and get it myself. Then I thought..... Wait a minute, I have a DOT helmet in my saddlebag. Is it OK to get off my bike and get it?

-Geaux

excellent warning!!! Long ago ----an elderly lawyer----who liked to
talk to me-----(I was young then) ----told me his philosophy regarding
old cases lost badly------LET SLEEPING DOGS LIE

Me- Um, no....

Me-- Correct, it's not

Me- Nice

Officer- Anyone at home?

Me- Why?

-Geaux

Used to ride a motorcycle myself. Once you've taken a horsefly in your face at 50mph full-face helmets are just common sense. :)

Me- Um, no....

Me-- Correct, it's not

Me- Nice

Officer- Anyone at home?

Me- Why?

-Geaux

Used to ride a motorcycle myself. Once you've taken a horsefly in your face at 50mph full-face helmets are just common sense. :)

Or bumble bees. OUCH

I'm downsizing my office in preparation for the move, and have decades of files folders documents etc. that need a proper shredding. The company has a $200 minimum fee which afforded me five large containers. I filled only two. So I called the local United Way and they put the word out to various organizations that I was donating the three empty containers. I got a call from one of the Crisis Centers and they came over yesterday and filled two more containers. I told them they could do it no charge, as I was paying the minimum any way. They were very glad about that.

The gal handed me a Starbucks gift card with a very nice note attached. I figured to get a cup of coffee and a pastry, but was shocked when the cashier said it was for $25. So I got 2 pastries to go, and a pound of coffee. Then I gave Mrs. H. the gift card as it has over $7 remaining.

:beer:

Forum List

Back