“the general consensus of opinion is that the only American soldiers with decent manners are Negroes.”

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

One of the lesser known quotes of George Orwell.

An interesting article of the US attempts to impose Jim Crow during their stay in Britain. The author speculates that the GI experience in the UK gave a boost to the Civil Rights movement which helped drag the US into civiliasation.

I love this story.

The town did not share the US Army’s segregationist attitudes. According to the author Anthony Burgess, who spent time in Bamber Bridge during the war, when US military authorities demanded that the town’s pubs impose a colour bar, the landlords responded with signs that read: “Black Troops Only”. The extent to which this rankled the white American troops is shown by the comments of a lieutenant:

"One thing I noticed here and which I don’t like is the fact that the English don’t draw any color line. The English must be pretty ignorant. I can’t see how a white girl could associate with a negro."
What a fucking tosser. No doubt his kids are the old racist shits we see on this board.

An interesting article of the US attempts to impose Jim Crow during their stay in Britain. The author speculates that the GI experience in the UK gave a boost to the Civil Rights movement which helped drag the US into civiliasation.

I love this story.

The town did not share the US Army’s segregationist attitudes. According to the author Anthony Burgess, who spent time in Bamber Bridge during the war, when US military authorities demanded that the town’s pubs impose a colour bar, the landlords responded with signs that read: “Black Troops Only”. The extent to which this rankled the white American troops is shown by the comments of a lieutenant:

"One thing I noticed here and which I don’t like is the fact that the English don’t draw any color line. The English must be pretty ignorant. I can’t see how a white girl could associate with a negro."
What a fucking tosser. No doubt his kids are the old racist shits we see on this board.

Do you prefer blacque men Tammy?

My stepdad was British, from Kent. He was in England during the war. His opinion of black military wasn't that great. He said that they claimed to be a special unit of night fighters because no one could see them in the dark. They would try to get the whores to lower prices for them.
The one black unit that commanded respect everywhere they went, particularly in France were the Red Tail airmen. That was because of what they did, rather than just being black.

I love this story.

No doubt that black men are more civilized than any Brit i know of...Lets just say that Brit had white colonial privilege and the black man was offended by it.

Great OP. So true. Too many lives ruined by Jim Crow. Thank heavens there were places in Europe that, even back in the middle of the 19th Century when black abolitionists were hunted down in the U.S., provided refuge and inspiration to African-Americans.

The list is long of black intellectuals and artists who had to escape, at least for a time, the dehumanizing racism so long prevalent in U.S. society. Fortunately, Great Britain (and France too), despite their own problems “taking up the white man’s burden” and building empires in Africa and elsewhere, never allowed anything so barbaric as race slavery to get rooted in their own homelands.

Great OP. So true. Too many lives ruined by Jim Crow. Thank heavens there were places in Europe that, even back in the middle of the 19th Century when black abolitionists were hunted down in the U.S., provided refuge and inspiration to African-Americans.

The list is long of black intellectuals and artists who had to escape, at least for a time, the dehumanizing racism so long prevalent in U.S. society. Fortunately, Great Britain (and France too), despite their own problems “taking up the white man’s burden” and building empires in Africa and elsewhere, never allowed anything so barbaric as race slavery to get rooted in their own homelands.
Jim Crow Democrats, why do Democrats love to keep black people miserable? Do you hate black people? You must because you vote for the very people who make people miserable..

If the blacks were dehumanized it was the Democraps doing it. After the Civil War blacks were quite successful for a while until Woodrow Wilson(Democrat) Segregated. Something about Democrats hating black people. Why do you hate black people?
maxresdefault.jpg

If the blacks were dehumanized it was the Democraps doing it. After the Civil War blacks were quite successful for a while until Woodrow Wilson(Democrat) Segregated. Something about Democrats hating black people. Why do you hate black people?
maxresdefault.jpg
More stupid partisan propaganda. For your information, asshole, I’m not now and never have been a Democrat, and even less would I have been one in the days of Radical Reconstruction, when black “Lincoln Republican Union men” like those pictured here were struggling against white racist KKKers and Democratic Party terrorists.

My heroes, and the heroes of genuine progressives and leftists today, including both independents and those in the Democrat Party, are the Abolitionists and the Radical Republicans of Lincoln’s day. We stand in the tradition of those “First Black Members of the U.S. Congress” that you so hypocritically invoke.

The abandonment of “Radical Reconstruction” and the black freedom struggle, just like the rise of slavery itself, was only incidentally related to simple partisan politics. The “Original Sin” of U.S. society as a whole, race slavery, created the problem, and both slavery and Jim Crow early on sunk their deepest roots in the soil of the Old South. The first elected President born in the Old South after the Civil War was indeed Woodrow Wilson. He was a “liberal racist” not because he was a Democrat, but because he was from the South and had deeply inculcated its spirit and the spirit of Jim Crow and the “Lost Cause.” He passed as a “liberal intellectual” in those terrible racist days by bringing his “refined racism” North, serving as President of Princeton University.

To people who see American society as it really is TODAY, whether they are black or white, liberal or conservative, folks like you who use history to play cheap partisan games ... are pathetic.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back