The future with a digital dollar

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
Dad....can I have fifty bucks to get a hair cut please? Sure son.....lemme...uh...just.....there! I just transferred fifty to your card! Of course what dad doesn't realize is that this is now a permanent record and the son if he is of age may be liable for taxes on that gift. Sound a bit outlandish? It's not.....this is what you will be facing with a digital dollar. Want to buy nasty magazine? I'm not saying that you should...but if you do that information will be stored in the big data banks kept by the government; Where you bought it, how much you paid and so on. Voted wrong in the last election? Don't be surprised if your card doesn't work in some places....see this is about control not about money. Though admittedly it will eliminate all non taxed money transactions that should be taxable. How are we gong to deal with this kind of scrutiny?? Spent 200 bucks plus tip at a local restaurant? What did you buy? Somebody knows now.....oh and that tip? That's taxable too!

JO

spongebob-patrick.gif

Nice to see where you get your information.

Sorry, I am just not prone to falling for the newest and greatest doom and gloom prediction.

I often wonder how you people get out of bed in the morning living in such fear all the time

Sorry, I am just not prone to falling for the newest and greatest doom and gloom prediction.

I often wonder how you people get out of bed in the morning living in such fear all the time

I hear ya..... But this is not just a typical run...of...the....mill...change. This is a very nasty financial intrusion. Human beings being the inventive and independent entities that they are will no doubt find a way around it.

I hear ya..... But this is not just a typical run...of...the....mill...change. This is a very nasty financial intrusion. Human beings being the inventive and independent entities that they are will no doubt find a way around it.
And those workarounds will become illegal shortly after people invent them. Yes, this is about total control and it will happen. The only workaround I can think of that they'd have trouble crushing would be a widely accepted barter system of labor or swaps of goods for goods.

And those workarounds will become illegal shortly after people invent them. Yes, this is about total control and it will happen. The only workaround I can think of that they'd have trouble crushing would be a widely accepted barter system of labor or swaps of goods for goods.

a barter system of labor or swaps of goods for goods can only work in a small, local environment.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

Dad....can I have fifty bucks to get a hair cut please? Sure son.....lemme...uh...just.....there! I just transferred fifty to your card! Of course what dad doesn't realize is that this is now a permanent record and the son if he is of age may be liable for taxes on that gift. Sound a bit outlandish? It's not.....this is what you will be facing with a digital dollar. Want to buy nasty magazine? I'm not saying that you should...but if you do that information will be stored in the big data banks kept by the government; Where you bought it, how much you paid and so on. Voted wrong in the last election? Don't be surprised if your card doesn't work in some places....see this is about control not about money. Though admittedly it will eliminate all non taxed money transactions that should be taxable. How are we gong to deal with this kind of scrutiny?? Spent 200 bucks plus tip at a local restaurant? What did you buy? Somebody knows now.....oh and that tip? That's taxable too!

JO
You know these electronic transfers happen all the time right now, right?

True....but. BTN....no?

if you are cool with staying in the same place and never seeing anything else in the world.

Personally I plan on my retirement to be a never ending adventure till my body cannot take it any longer.

Damn....no argument there bud.

My brother is just the opposite. He has a track of land in rural Georgia and would be happy to never leave it again. To him that is heaven, to me it sounds like purgatory.

But that is what makes life interesting, we are all different.

My brother is just the opposite. He has a track of land in rural Georgia and would be happy to never leave it again. To him that is heaven, to me it sounds like purgatory.

But that is what makes life interesting, we are all different.
I prefer your strategy frankly.

Jo

Forum List

Back