The Four Rock n Roll Groups that Stood the Test of Time

usmcstinger

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2011
They are referred to as The Super Groups:The Four Seasons, Beach Boys, Rolling Stones and the Beatles. With the British invasion of the Stones and Beatles, the Four Seasons and the Beach Boys continued to thrive.

Possibly. Both The Beatles and The Beach Boys tried to become relevant rock n roll bands but try becomes the key word. Rolling Stones were far more rock than the Beatles.

The Beatles and The Beach Boys were very marketable tho. In the examples given, maybe throw out all but The Beatles and think up three other real rock bands.

Possibly. Both The Beatles and The Beach Boys tried to become relevant rock n roll bands but try becomes the key word. Rolling Stones were far more rock than the Beatles.

The Beatles and The Beach Boys were very marketable tho. In the examples given, maybe throw out all but The Beatles and think up three other real rock bands.
The Four Seasons, Bruce Springsteen and Chris Christie are the only things I can name that came out of New Jersey.

Reason enough to mercy-nuke the place.

The Beatles and The Beach Boys were very marketable tho. In the examples given, maybe throw out all but The Beatles and Stones think up two other real rock bands.
The Beatles had the sense to quit.

The Stones sound like a computer made their music for the last 40 years.

I quit listening to them after the much loved Exiles on Main Street, which I think, sucks.

Band should have died with Brian Jones.

They are referred to as The Super Groups:The Four Seasons, Beach Boys, Rolling Stones and the Beatles. With the British invasion of the Stones and Beatles, the Four Seasons and the Beach Boys continued to thrive.
What is the criteria being used to make this determination? On any given day one can hear recordings of bands from the 60's and 70's being played across the country and even across the world. Most people probably never heard of the Four Seasons. The Beatles have songs that have proved themselves over the test of time, but the band broke up kind of early. The Beach Boys continued as a band, but not with all the original members, and I'll bet more people are familiar with The Doors, Led Zep' and many other bands.

The Four Seasons, Bruce Springsteen and Chris Christie are the only things I can name that came out of New Jersey.

:lol: That's harsh. Don't forget NJ also brought us Tony Soprano.

Frank Sinatra

Frank Sinatra
Jack Nicholson

Sinatra, Count Basie, Bon Jovi, Whitney Houston ....

Frank Sinatra
Abbott and Costello

The Four Seasons? I remember them. They had a bunch of hits around 1964, or thereabouts, for a few months. Then people got sick of the falsetto lead singer Frank Valli and moved on. For reasons that are totally beyond me, there has recently been a revival of their music which has lasted longer than their original fame. Fortunately, that is just about over, too. We had to endure the same thing when "the Golden Boys of Rock and Roll" were revived (Fabian, Frankie Avalon, Bobby Rydell). Gag me with a spoon!

The "Big Four" Heavy Metal Rock Bands

Metallica
Megadeth
Anthrax
Slayer

beavis-and-butthead.jpg

Forum List

Back