The FOunding Fathers Supported Immigration

Everyone supports legal immigration.

We don't support anyone who wants to just flood in here without legal entrance, trying to take over the country with large numbers of Hispanics and make it Mexico again.

We don't support anyone who wants to just flood in here without legal entrance, trying to take over the country with large numbers of Hispanics and make it Mexico again.

Seems the govt and most of the People do actually support it all.

when was it Mexico before?....:eusa_eh:

California, Utah, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico and even Texas were all part of Mexico. Texas won a war in 1836 and left Mexico, we won a war in 1848 and Bought the rest as part of the settlement.

Did you not have History classes when you went through school?

Seems the govt and most of the People do actually support it all.
No, most liberals support it. They need lots of guaranteed Dem voters.

They don't care what's best for the nation. They only care about amassing and maintaining political power.

when was it Mexico before?....:eusa_eh:

California, Utah, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico and even Texas were all part of Mexico. Texas won a war in 1836 and left Mexico, we won a war in 1848 and Bought the rest as part of the settlement.

Did you not have History classes when you went through school?

Teaching With Documents:
The Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo

Under the terms of the treaty negotiated by Trist, Mexico ceded to the United States Upper California and New Mexico. This was known as the Mexican Cession and included present-day Arizona and New Mexico and parts of Utah, Nevada, and Colorado (see Article V of the treaty). Mexico relinquished all claims to Texas and recognized the Rio Grande as the southern boundary with the United States (see Article V).

The United States paid Mexico $15,000,000 "in consideration of the extension acquired by the boundaries of the United States" (see Article XII of the treaty) and agreed to pay American citizens debts owed to them by the Mexican government (see Article XV). Other provisions included protection of property and civil rights of Mexican nationals living within the new boundaries of the United States (see Articles VIII and IX), the promise of the United States to police its boundaries (see Article XI), and compulsory arbitration of future disputes between the two countries (see Article XXI).

The Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo-

$15 million for what was wasteland.

Last edited:
The Founding Fathers also believed in protective tariffs.

In fact they believed in a lot of stuff that we don't believe in today.

Slavery for example...

Why people worship these folks, I cannot say.

Ignorance of who they really were and what they really believed would be my guess.

Slavery for example...

Ignorance of who they really were and what they really believed would be my guess.

Dear Editec: For tax rates nearing 40%, that would mean 2/5 of working labor going to govt and only keeping 3/5. In other words, back to the days of being 3/5 free and 2/5 slave.

So why worship a Govt that does this?

One of the worst things about illegal immigration is that it is unfair to LEGAL immigrants.

Slavery for example...

To know that a group of people had some very sound ideas does not require that one like everything about them. Because they accepted slavery doesn't mean they didn't have a very intelligent, detailed idea for system of government that ensures the freedom of its citizens. The problem with the above argument ed is you're basically saying these guys were wrong about these things so they must be wrong about this. Okay. Can you explain to me what is specifically wrong with the system of government they devised?

Last edited:

Ok, now write or link to all the wrongs about our current government, see how it still works ? How about do a story on the dark side of Obama maybe or on the dirty secrets of the current Democrats etc. ?

Last edited:
Our founding fathers also owned slaves. Contradictions aside. Right NOW, perhaps we should stop the moral hypocrisy. There is nothing wrong with immigrating legally and acclimating. We respect our culture...Don't we? There seems to be a double standard now. People that don’t, they get treated with kid gloves, as if they where different. Because….? I don’t buy it for a minute.

During the Adams administration, 1798, the government passed a law, The Alien and Sedition Act, prohibiting criticism of the government, and making immigration more difficult. People were arrested for saying bad things about the government. The act died during the Jefferson administration.

Forum List

Back