The Founders of our nation (USA) never intended "separation of Church & state" as we know it..

I always remember that all this is supposed to happen exactly the way it's happening. The Bible tells us that there would be a great "falling away" and that up would be down, truth would be lies, black would be white, etc. The world is currently upside down. But the sooner this all comes to a head, the sooner Christ and His angels return to clean up this horrible mess. All in His time!!

But isn't is risky to push a subservient philosophy of waiting for Christ and angels to make it all good?
It makes it very easy for someone corrupt to claim to be acting for Christ.

The first response here was fromsomeone who didn't get the point of the OP

which is that the Founders never intended to make our nation SECULAR

it's just tht this separation of Church and state thing has been

what else?

misinterpreted..

But the original Founders were greedy and wanted to commit genocide against the natives who owned the land.
So we can't take their vision without careful inspection.
While originally there were states with a state religion, like Pennsylvania and Connecticut, there also was slavery and lots of bad things.
Obviously now that no state is just one religion any more, now religions should not have the power to harm other religious beliefs, majority or not.

But isn't is risky to push a subservient philosophy of waiting for Christ and angels to make it all good?
It makes it very easy for someone corrupt to claim to be acting for Christ.
The same is true of putting decision-making into the hands of any organization run by men. Just look at what's happened to America once God was kicked out of the public schools and courthouses. America has become a quagmire and mishmash of conflicting ideals and philosophies. It's a mess!

Many churches run in similar fashion to the way America is supposed to run. There are systems of checks and balances, with the Bible being the source or foundation upon which all decisions are made. The goal of any church SHOULD BE the search for truth and righteousness. Have men messed it up? Absolutely! That's why there are hundreds or thousands of denominations today.

The Bill of rights goes even further to say that the Government will make "no law respecting an establishment of religion", making the separation of Church and State absolute.

It is likely true that the constitution on religion mean only that it was up to the states and not federal government.
But I agree states should not impose on religion by law either.

The same is true of putting decision-making into the hands of any organization run by men. Just look at what's happened to America once God was kicked out of the public schools and courthouses. America has become a quagmire and mishmash of conflicting ideals and philosophies. It's a mess!

Many churches run in similar fashion to the way America is supposed to run. There are systems of checks and balances, with the Bible being the source or foundation upon which all decisions are made. The goal of any church SHOULD BE the search for truth and righteousness. Have men messed it up? Absolutely! That's why there are hundreds or thousands of denominations today.

Since we originally pretty much only had dictatorships, then religion was much more important, in order to provide social programs like for widow/orphans, public education, etc.

But now that we have secular social programs, religion should likely contract to a more personal philosophy. Things like Prohibition, the War on Drugs, etc., likely should not be forced on people.

what do you mean as a business??

and who are you to dictate how anyone practices their faith??

People giving their money to a money sucking leach in return for 'Religious' service is a business, not a religion.
no its a private transaction between consenting adults,,

you cant put your spin on things to justify your hate for something,,

that you should take up with your therapist,,

You have the right to believe what you want, you do not have the right to run an organization that functions as a business without paying the same taxes as all other businesses.

But the origin of not taxing religions was that they provided the necessary social services that the government did not want to bother with, like widows, orphans, schools, art, science, etc.

Since we originally pretty much only had dictatorships, then religion was much more important, in order to provide social programs like for widow/orphans, public education, etc.

But now that we have secular social programs, religion should likely contract to a more personal philosophy. Things like Prohibition, the War on Drugs, etc., likely should not be forced on people.
The problem with many of the secular, social programs is that they support ideals important to secularists but not Christians. Personally, I'm all for creating a society (or splitting society) by which Christians can runs a region based on the tenets of Christianity and Secularists/Atheists can run a region based on their own standards. It would be interesting to see which would be the most orderly and successful.

I believe a society should strive to reach a high moral standard. Blue Cities clearly disagree which is why we see so much homelessness, crime, drug addiction, etc.

The Bible tells us to beware of "hirelings" who would preach whatever is popular for personal gain. There's a special place waiting for them.

whats that got to do with it??

Well obviously some religions are fake.
But I am somewhat more open minded on religion because they also were important social function in the past.
I would have more respect for religions if they were taking more moral stands, like I don't remember any Christian religions being against the illegal "Arab Spring" wars against Moslems.

Well obviously some religions are fake.
But I am somewhat more open minded on religion because they also were important social function in the past.
I would have more respect for religions if they were taking more moral stands, like I don't remember any Christian religions being against the illegal "Arab Spring" wars against Moslems.
fake to who?? you??

sorry baby killers dont get to talk about religion,,

The problem with many of the secular, social programs is that they support ideals important to secularists but not Christians. Personally, I'm all for creating a society (or splitting society) by which Christians can runs a region based on the tenets of Christianity and Secularists/Atheists can run a region based on their own standards. It would be interesting to see which would be the most orderly and successful.

I believe a society should strive to reach a high moral standard. Blue Cities clearly disagree which is why we see so much homelessness, crime, drug addiction, etc.

I believe the highest of moral standards is when you let others do whatever they want, as long as they do not harm the rights of others in the process.
Which means Prohibition, the War on Drugs, consensual sex crimes, etc., should not exist.
Law does not have that authority.
It only borrows legal authority when needed by defense.
These laws do not defend, but instead proscribe, which is beyond their legal authority.

I believe the highest of moral standards is when you let others do whatever they want, as long as they do not harm the rights of others in the process.
Which means Prohibition, the War on Drugs, consensual sex crimes, etc., should not exist.
Law does not have that authority.
It only borrows legal authority when needed by defense.
These laws do not defend, but instead proscribe, which is beyond their legal authority.
and yet you advocate for the murder of innocent children,,

Most secularists are religious. All true Christians are secularists.

You promote a false narrative that there is some imaginary division between Christians and secularists.

Your preacher depends on you believing that narrative. It's how he makes his money.

Forum List

Back