The Founders of our nation (USA) never intended "separation of Church & state" as we know it..

why are you moving the goal posts??

I’m not. I used a person of the cloth just as an example. Why are you frothing so?
I never said a person of the cloth,,
I know. I did. I was here at the time.
we are talking about religions and people that follow them
So far, so good.
and according to you religious beliefs cant be used to make laws,, and thats simply not true,,
No. They can’t. And I’m exactly right. The individual legislators can be motivated by their religious beliefs. I never said or suggested that they couldn’t. Bit of course, that’s an irrelevant point anyway. The actual point is that the government can’t prohibit anybody from holding office on account of his or her religion. Nor is any particular religious faith a requirement to hold office.
murder along with theft and fraud are purely religious based,
No. They are not. There is a perfectly valid and overriding secular interest in prohibiting such crimes.
along with aspects of many other laws,,
Again laws can obviously be influenced by the religions beliefs of the legislators. And there’s nothing inherently wrong about that. But we don’t accept laws that require the belief of any particular faith. Nor do we accept laws that condemn or prohibit the beliefs of any person’s faith.

I’m not. I used a person of the cloth just as an example. Why are you frothing so?

I know. I did. I was here at the time.

So far, so good.

No. They can’t. And I’m exactly right. The individual legislators can be motivated by their religious beliefs. I never said or suggested that they couldn’t. Bit of course, that’s an irrelevant point anyway. The actual point is that the government can’t prohibit anybody from holding office on account of his or her religion. Nor is any particular religious faith a requirement to hold office.

No. They are not. There is a perfectly valid and overriding secular interest in prohibiting such crimes.

Again laws can obviously be influenced by the religions beliefs of the legislators. And there’s nothing inherently wrong about that. But we don’t accept laws that require the belief of any particular faith. Nor do we accept laws that condemn or prohibit the beliefs of any person’s faith.
of course murder theft and fraud are religious based,,

some people should be greatful for that,,

I happen to support the separation of church and state, myself

When authoritarian Democrats told people they could not attend worship service during COVID, they violated that separation big time.

no one said you could or couldn't abort. Now you can't. I'm sure you see no difference.
Who says you "can't?" The Supreme Court left it up to the individual States to determine if baby murder is moral or not. Of course, it's not, but that won't stop the blood suckers from making a buck or two as hired killers.

Whatever biased evidence historians can dig up that allegedly reflects on the intentions of the Founding Fathers, the only thing that matters is what is contained in the Constitution. There is no mention of "separation of church and state" in the Constitution but just the opposite is the 1st Amendment that guarantees freedom of religion.

Forum List

Back