The Flag of Treason

Just simply fightin those mean ole northern aggressors.
99% of the Confederate soldiers were doing exactly that

they were fighting for their state

Derp...

Yes, the state that clearly stated that they were secceeding to preserve slavery and the economic advantages thereof.

There is no ambiguity.
They all clearly stated they were seceding. Only one blamed it purely on slavery.
They all clearly stated they were seceding. Only one blamed it purely on slavery.
I'm not even going to call you dumb. You just honestly have no idea. Maybe willfully ignorant is more apt.

My bad. It was a SCOTUS decision. 1812
???

What decision?

It was completely unclear until the war. It was not legally cleared up until Texas v. White.
SCOTUS decision based on New Englands flirtation with secession in 1812.
Can you give me a cite, or even a name?

Derp...

Yes, the state that clearly stated that they were secceeding to preserve slavery and the economic advantages thereof.

There is no ambiguity.
The one that mattered blamed the secession on slavery. The cornerstone speech.
Secession -- Slavery

War -- Make States Stay in Union
No the war was over slavery as well for the confederate losers.

Derp...

There is no ambiguity.
9 of the 11 States specifically mentioned slavery in their statement leaving the Union.
Perhaps true, but only one state listed as the only reason for secession.

Derp...

There is no ambiguity.
I'm not even going to call you dumb. You just honestly have no idea. Maybe willfully ignorant is more apt.
You call me dumb, but you haven't proved it. You only prove that you're dumb because you never provide any evidence to support your dumbass claims.

To me Confederate flags honor family members who died honorably fighting bravely for a good cause.

Fighting against the United States of America and in support of maintaining slavery is a good cause?

The simple fact is that the South wanted to self govern. You can argue the reason they wanted to self govern until the cows come home, it really doesn't matter. They no longer recognized the authority of Washington DC just as the USA no longer recognized the authority of the Crown 80 years prior.

To state their cause was "wrong" is to state our cause was wrong in 1776, because they only difference is the USA won it's war for independence.
They were wrong, the reason they left was because of a perceived threat to Slavery when in fact they had as much clout in the Congress as they did BEFORE lincoln was elected and a President alone could not change the Constitution nor state laws. They were worried that 20 years down the line Free States would out number the slave states enough to effect slavery, and instead of fighting politically to prevent that they instead cut their own throats and ended slavery in 3 years not 20.

*Sigh* Read the post again - the REASON is irrelevant. They wanted independence and they fought for it. Same as we did in 1776. If they were "wrong", so were we.
the REASON is irrelevant.
You all obviously want that to be the case. That's what the lost cause bullshit was meant to do. To change the narrative.
Its not irrelevant. Not at all.
The reason, the self stated reason by the confederate states, is exactly why those monuments and statues are being removed.

Do people have the right to self-determination or not?
Apparently the negros didn't.

Sure they did. But the vast majority of them chose not to fight for it.

But you didn't answer the question: Do people have the right to self-determination or not?
Liar.
Your revisionist bullshit isn't gonna fly.

The war, for the confederacy was first and foremost about the preservation of their perceived racial superiority, slavery and the economic advanges thereof. As always, don't take my word for it. Take theirs.

There is nothing else. The fact that the average rube, not unlike yourself, never understood that is irrelevant to the fact that they were indeed fighting toward those ends.

Which of those self stated principles of the confederacy, racial superiority, slavery or the economic exploitation of said slaves through forced labor, deserve continued veneration in American society today?
That was their reason for secession. I agree. It's undeniable.

It was NOT the reason for the war, which was to keep the union together.

It was NOT the reason for the war, which was to keep the union together

Derp....
The reason for the confederacy, fool. They weren't fighting to preserve the union. They were fighting to preserve their way of life.
The confederate states threatened civil war for years over the movement toward abolition. They started the war.
The federal were fighting to preserve the union, you fucking moron. No one said the Confederacy was. The were trying to secede.

How much of a dumbass can you be ?

LOL go fly your rainbow flag you gay faggot. As for the Confederate flag it is NOT treasonous as it does not exists anymore and all the confederates were pardoned. It is simply a historical flag of our past. Remind me do you support BLM in tearing down Washington's statue, Lincoln? Remind me again who is the traitor?
I thought confederates and kkk etc, were Democrats? So why are Republicans fighting to keep a flag belonging to Democrats up?
Because Republicans aren’t fascist scum like you Dimwingers.
Because Democrats of slavery and the kkk have switched parties with the Republicans is more likely.... y'all try to blame the Dems of today for past sins, but it's really the ancestors of today's Republicans in the South's past sins... is what seems obvious, to me....
Which party had a KKK leader serving in the Senate until 2010?

That would be YOUR racist party.
Which party had a KKK leader serving in the Senate until 2010?

That would be YOUR racist party.
Derp...
The former confederate states are all conservative red states, dope.
Did the ideology of the populations of those states change or just their party affiliation?
Southern states wised up and sent YOUR racist party packing.
Southern states wised up and sent YOUR racist party packing.
LOL...:laugh2:
Bruh...that is some dumb shit.
Yes, the party name is racist. Not the people.
Those who make up your party are racists.

HTH.
Yet your party is the one that prays at racist statues.
Link to anyone praying to a "racist statue"?

After you find that, explain how a rock can be racist.

protests-e1502753323574-696x523.jpg

Rocks cant be racist. Statues can. If you knew what a statue was then you wouldnt have asked such a retarded question.
How can in inanimate object be racist? Apparently, you are ignorant of the definition of racism.

Here let me educate you, Dummy.....

racism
noun
Save Word
To save this word, you'll need to log in.

rac·ism | \ ˈrā-ˌsi-zəm also -ˌshi- \
Definition of racism

1: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

Now, explain how an inanimate object can have a "belief".
Pretty simple you retard. All it has to do is represent an ideal or belief system.
Is it possible for a person to love the South (a region, not the confederacy) and be proud of the South (a region, not the confederacy) and wave a symbol of the South (a region, not the confederacy) and NOT be a racial bigot, and still hate slavery, and still support equality?

If it is done for that purpose, you would have no problem with it, would you?
I think they could figure that out if they tried

But pretend otherwise to sustain their anti white bigotry

To me Confederate flags honor family members who died honorably fighting bravely for a good cause.

Fighting against the United States of America and in support of maintaining slavery is a good cause?

The simple fact is that the South wanted to self govern. You can argue the reason they wanted to self govern until the cows come home, it really doesn't matter. They no longer recognized the authority of Washington DC just as the USA no longer recognized the authority of the Crown 80 years prior.

To state their cause was "wrong" is to state our cause was wrong in 1776, because they only difference is the USA won it's war for independence.
They were wrong, the reason they left was because of a perceived threat to Slavery when in fact they had as much clout in the Congress as they did BEFORE lincoln was elected and a President alone could not change the Constitution nor state laws. They were worried that 20 years down the line Free States would out number the slave states enough to effect slavery, and instead of fighting politically to prevent that they instead cut their own throats and ended slavery in 3 years not 20.

*Sigh* Read the post again - the REASON is irrelevant. They wanted independence and they fought for it. Same as we did in 1776. If they were "wrong", so were we.
You all obviously want that to be the case. That's what the lost cause bullshit was meant to do. To change the narrative.
The reason, the self stated reason by the confederate states, is exactly why those monuments and statues are being removed.

But you didn't answer the question: Do people have the right to self-determination or not?
Liar.

The war, for the confederacy was first and foremost about the preservation of their perceived racial superiority, slavery and the economic advanges thereof. As always, don't take my word for it. Take theirs.

There is nothing else. The fact that the average rube, not unlike yourself, never understood that is irrelevant to the fact that they were indeed fighting toward those ends.

Which of those self stated principles of the confederacy, racial superiority, slavery or the economic exploitation of said slaves through forced labor, deserve continued veneration in American society today?

Derp....
The reason for the confederacy, fool. They weren't fighting to preserve the union. They were fighting to preserve their way of life.
The confederate states threatened civil war for years over the movement toward abolition. They started the war.
Lincoln started the war, moron. Secession was not a valid justification for going to war.

Did them Duke Boys paint a Rebel Flag on their roof to celebrate their hatred of the United States or to remind “negroes” of their proper place?
Did you ask that question in 1980? (you didn't)

I think the show made it pretty clear that they were simply celebrating the South. They were "good ole" Southern boys.

The fact that you are JUST NOW offended by this symbol of "U.S. hatred" or device of "intimidation" makes you look REALLY pathetic.
The fact that you defend a slavery flag is pathetic

You do realize our star spangled banner flew over a slave nation for 89 years, right? The one you get your panties in a twist over only flew for 4.
You do realize our star spangled banner flew over a slave nation for 89 years, right? The one you get your panties in a twist over only flew for 4.
Then they corrected their course and did the right thing. Just as we are now.
And, so did the Southern states, right? They are doing the right thing now, right?
And, so did the Southern states, right? They are doing the right thing now, right?
LOL...
Really? When?
They've been and still are being dragged into change by massive movements of protests and actions by the federal govt.
The vote to change the Mississippi flag came only after overwhelming threats of economic boycotts.

Liar.

Derp....
The federal were fighting to preserve the union, you fucking moron. No one said the Confederacy was. The were trying to secede.

Hey retard. The confederate losers started the war and they seceded.

very few Confederate soldiers could read

they fought for their family, their valley, and their state
very few Confederate soldiers could read

they fought for their family, their valley, and their state
LOL...sure.
Just because they were rubes and useful fools is irrelevant to the fact that they were fighting toward the stated goals of the confederacy.

And the SS were only following orders.

Liar.

Derp....
Lincoln started the war, moron. Secession was not a valid justification for going to war.
Lincoln started the war, moron. Secession was not a valid justification for going to war
Go read up. You aren't prepared to be here.
Run along.

Just because they were rubes and useful fools is irrelevant to the fact that they were fighting toward the stated goals of the confederacy.
Your hatred knows no limits does it

most Americans had limited education in 1860

Liar.

Derp....

If you aren't going to bother to read a conversation, then I would appreciate you not posting at all. I welcome discourse but at least have the courtesy of knowing WTF is going on.

So what?
The confederate leadership certainly knew what they were doing. You know..... The one's in statues.

Did them Duke Boys paint a Rebel Flag on their roof to celebrate their hatred of the United States or to remind “negroes” of their proper place?
Did you ask that question in 1980? (you didn't)

I think the show made it pretty clear that they were simply celebrating the South. They were "good ole" Southern boys.

The fact that you are JUST NOW offended by this symbol of "U.S. hatred" or device of "intimidation" makes you look REALLY pathetic.
The fact that you defend a slavery flag is pathetic

Then they corrected their course and did the right thing. Just as we are now.
LOL...
Really? When?
They've been and still are being dragged into change by massive movements of protests and actions by the federal govt.
The vote to change the Mississippi flag came only after overwhelming threats of economic boycotts.
We don't need any "change" to Marxist totalitarianism, which is what you're aiming at.

Forum List

Back