The Flag of Treason

40 years ago, the Confederate flag just symbolized "Dixie," at least so far as I knew. It was a flag of the South. Then the white supremacists adopted it and blew the symbol all to shit. It's their fault people look so negatively on it now.

I still don't get what the Big Democrats here are trying to accomplish though, dragging up all this "traitor" stuff and reopening the Civil War. It's some kind of campaign tactic when you see rightwinger, Crepitus and LoneLaugher all leading the charge on the same topic a few months before the election. Official blue platform, all the way. But why?

It's not an attempt to appear "woke." The Dems got that one sewn up already. All this harping on the South being "traitors" is nothing but divisive sniping, and it is really getting people emotional, like they always do about their flags, their states, their homes. I don't care if they get rid of the Confederate flag. That's fine considering the crew that's appropriated it. But all this judgmental "traitor" business oughta stop.
It goes beyond 40 years, back 100 years with the Daughters of the Confederacy appropriating our history and pushing Lost Cause justifications and erecting monuments in opposition of Civil Rights.
Put the negroes in their place
"Appropriating our history?" Who put you or your ilk in charge of being the final authority on history?

Why does our President support the racist, treasonous Confederate Flag?

Why was Biden best friends with KKK member Dem Senator Robert Byrd?

Why not?

Byrd had long ago denounced his association and his voting record on Civil Rights was endorsed by the NAACP

Lib please there are over 50 monuments to Byrd why haven't you fakes torn them down? Byrd was known for routinely dropping the 'N' word.

Why not?

Byrd had long ago denounced his association and his voting record on Civil Rights was endorsed by the NAACP

He used the word "ni**er" on national TV only a few years before he assumed room temperature.

We have to remind Dems of their racist past they have short memories.

Why not?

He used the word "ni**er" on national TV only a few years before he assumed room temperature.

Then there's Biden's other best friend Harry Reid who described Obama as someone who could talk like a whitey when he wanted to and Biden who said recently that poor kids are just as smart as white kids.

40 years ago, the Confederate flag just symbolized "Dixie," at least so far as I knew. It was a flag of the South. Then the white supremacists adopted it and blew the symbol all to shit. It's their fault people look so negatively on it now.

I still don't get what the Big Democrats here are trying to accomplish though, dragging up all this "traitor" stuff and reopening the Civil War. It's some kind of campaign tactic when you see rightwinger, Crepitus and LoneLaugher all leading the charge on the same topic a few months before the election. Official blue platform, all the way. But why?

It's not an attempt to appear "woke." The Dems got that one sewn up already. All this harping on the South being "traitors" is nothing but divisive sniping, and it is really getting people emotional, like they always do about their flags, their states, their homes. I don't care if they get rid of the Confederate flag. That's fine considering the crew that's appropriated it. But all this judgmental "traitor" business oughta stop.
It goes beyond 40 years, back 100 years with the Daughters of the Confederacy appropriating our history and pushing Lost Cause justifications and erecting monuments in opposition of Civil Rights.
"Appropriating our history?" Who put you or your ilk in charge of being the final authority on history?
It goes something like this......

The Confederacy was a noble cause
It was about “States Rights” and had little to do with slavery
Slaves were happy and well taken care of
Many blacks owned slaves and fought for the confederacy
Very few southerners actually owned slaves

Why not?

Then there's Biden's other best friend Harry Reid who described Obama as someone who could talk like a whitey when he wanted to and Biden who said recently that poor kids are just as smart as white kids.

Harry Reid was a great Senator and Senate Majority Leader.

Got much more accomplished than Turtle Boy Mitch

Slick Willy flew the Stars and Bars over the State House while governor, so I assume you think he and Hitlery are both racist, right?

Neither is President TODAY

Beside the point. The Confederacy does not exist today either. So what's your problem with the flag? Have you noticed that all 50 States have and fly flags of their own and probably all have had slavery one time or another? Hypocrisy.

I can understand wanting to keep the confederate flag alive for one's ancestry' s sake, my ancestors on my father's side were mostly confederates.... most were not slave owners, but so far in my ancestry search, I've found only 3 great great etc grandfather's that were... but most were just farmers, with no slaves....only their 8 to 12 children each, as their farm laborers.... but the men relatives still served in the Confederate States Army through being drafted...

But, and that's a big BUT.... What I have slowly realized over my decades, it's such a hurtful reminder of what human beings, that were slaves and the ancestors of today's African Americans, had to go through...

That flying flag is a sign to them, that they too are STILL thought of, as less than human beings....

And that's just unacceptable to me.... I want no part in a continuation of hurting them, even if simply their feelings.

Fine, if they don't like it then propose legislation to ban the flag and let everyone vote their feelings about it, but Ooops! those states and their legal systems were all created by evil slave owners and worse, the buildings fly the American flag, created by evil slave owners, and must abide by the US Constitution, which defined a black man as only three fifths of a white man, so legal channels are just too painful to pursue and black Americans have no choice but to ignore the law and just destroy the flags and monuments of the Confederacy when they are not too busy looting and burning Target stores.

Slavery was evil and were the Jim Crow laws, and black people were oppressed for much of our history, but they are no longer oppressed. Today, black Americans have all the same rights and opportunities as other Americans and we have a plethora of laws, government agencies to protect those rights, so if seeing someone waving a confederate flag, even if he is a white supremacist makes them feel less than human, it is is not because the guy with the flag has any particular weight or influence but because evil Democrats are exploiting the insecurities of black people for their own political gain before an election. It is you, not the guy with the flag who is causing them pain.
Easier said than done...
It's hard to pick oneself up by their bootstraps, when they were barefoot a few hundred years, and had no shoes.

Nonsense, we are a nation of immigrants. People came here with nothing who didn't even speak the language and the next generation flourished. Black people are being held back by people like you who tell them they are still oppressed and have no opportunities because some guy is carrying a flag.

I think the criminal tearing down of statues is wrong... They should legally be removed, in places where the statues were put up, with no local history behind them.... but the true history of these confederate officers belong in a museum, or on the grounds of historical battlefields, such as Gettysburg.... with historical reference.

I think the issue of the monuments should be put on the ballot case by case and let the voters decide. The facts that slavery and the Jim Crow laws once existed here are irrelevant to the conditions under which black Americans live today.

I think the issue of the monuments should be put on the ballot case by case and let the voters decide. The facts that slavery and the Jim Crow laws once existed here are irrelevant to the conditions under which black Americans live today.
Well, except the conditions under which those memorials venerating white supremacists were installed would then just be renewed and reaffirmed.

lol So you are opposed to democratic solutions? Denying other Americans a voice in the decision is the act of a fascist.

Why not?

And racist who offended Obama with his racist remarks and best friends with Joe Biden.

You live in liberal La-La land. No one ever made those claims, shit for brains.

Try reading USMB some time

Why not?

He was a sleazy lying douchebag, so that fits your definition of "a great leader."

Try reading USMB some time
I have, moron

Why not?

Harry Reid sucked, Turtle sucks.

I agree it's racist ... but it's not treasonous ... not anymore than me flying my own state flag ... burn both Sacramento and Salem to the ground ... the world would be a safer place ...
The people who fly it don't do it to denigrate black people.
The people who fly it don't do it to denigrate black people
Because they don't know any better.
Maybe because there is no "any better" to know.

You flatter yourself into thinking you correctly know the thinking and motives of others because you don't know any better. Best get your own thinking straight before presuming to correct other's.

Why not?

He was a sleazy lying douchebag, so that fits your definition of "a great leader."

Great American

Why not?

Great American

Lying douchebag.

The Confederate Flag is a flag that says.....We HATE America

View attachment 357434

Always has been

Except that's not the Confederate flag.

Pssst.... STILL WAITING for you to address Rick Wilson's cooler.
Yea, yea

Confederate Battle Flag

It is now the symbol of the confederacy and a symbol of racism

You don't get to decide that. I consider it a symbol of harmless regional pride and you to be a race baiting asshole.
Of course I do

Your flag is a symbol of hatred of the United States or a symbol of hatred of blacks

When are you going to address Rick Wilson's cooler?
You seem obsessed with some guy's cooler.

Odd.

It undermines the entire premise of this thread.

RightFaker posted a video from the Lincoln Project that labels the battle flag a "flag of treason". The Lincoln Project is headed up by Rick Wilson, who just 2 weeks ago was exposed to own a large cooler emblazoned with the battle flag as well as "The South Will Rise Again" stamped on the top. Photos of it were prominently featured on his and his wife's social media accounts at various outings.

TL;DR - The guy behind the video is a total fucking fraud and morons like RightFaker are holding him up as some kind of righteous gospel speaker. See for yourself on post 31 in this very thread.
A Cooler?

You are not serious are you?

So the battle flag is bad, but not if it's on a cooler accompanying the phrase "The South Will Rise Again"... and especially not when said cooler is owned by someone you like.

You people are a fucking joke, you know that?

Rightwinger is just a troll and an asshole.

The Confederate Flag is a flag that says.....We HATE America

View attachment 357434

Always has been

Except that's not the Confederate flag.

Pssst.... STILL WAITING for you to address Rick Wilson's cooler.
Yea, yea

Confederate Battle Flag

It is now the symbol of the confederacy and a symbol of racism

You don't get to decide that. I consider it a symbol of harmless regional pride and you to be a race baiting asshole.
Of course I do

Your flag is a symbol of hatred of the United States or a symbol of hatred of blacks

Nope. It's a harmless symbol of regional pride and you are a faggot.

OK Regional pride in what?

That they hated the US so much that they fought against us
That they used to own slaves?

The culture. THe history. The brave fight against great odds. Ect.

What part of this is confusing to you?

THat is a rhetorical question. I know you are just a race baiting troll asshole who is just here to be an asshole and troll.

Forum List

Back