The fiber of our nation is being DESTROYED by fake news. Can law makers do anything to stop this wild west media?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Nearly EVERYDAY I hear about some poor innocent black person murdered by police. It starts on social media and is almost instantly picked up by our national media. 9 times out of 10 they don't have ANY of the facts surrounding the situation and what facts they do have are distorted horribly. Eventually we get a body cam or other video that PROVES the situations were not what was reported. Sadly by the time that happens the damage is done but as that story dies down because the new FACTS don't fit the reporting a new fake story is already replacing it. That asinine cycle prevents the morons from ever hearing the full truth because they are too busy being emotionally outraged over the previous lies they fell for.

Just today I FINALLY heard the facts surrounding Brianna Talor. They most certainly do not match the media narrative.

Make no mistake, we need police reforms but it has nothing to do with the fake narrative that race is the problem.

The fiber of our nation is being DESTROYED by fake news. Can law makers do anything to stop this wild west media?.
That's easy. Revoke the broadcast license (or shut down the website or whatever) of any supposed news outlet that tells two verifiable lies in a month.

Limbaugh? Gone. Breightbart? Gone. Gateway pundit? Gone. Faux news? Gone.

And so on.

Nearly EVERYDAY I hear about some poor innocent black person murdered by police. It starts on social media and is almost instantly picked up by our national media. 9 times out of 10 they don't have ANY of the facts surrounding the situation and what facts they do have are distorted horribly. Eventually we get a body cam or other video that PROVES the situations were not what was reported. Sadly by the time that happens the damage is done but as that story dies down because the new FACTS don't fit the reporting a new fake story is already replacing it. That asinine cycle prevents the morons from ever hearing the full truth because they are too busy being emotionally outraged over the previous lies they fell for.

Just today I FINALLY heard the facts surrounding Brianna Talor. They most certainly do not match the media narrative.

Make no mistake, we need police reforms but it has nothing to do with the fake narrative that race is the problem.
When we accept that our leaders lie to us but we vote for them anyway, we get what we deserve.

• Banned
The Division Pimps on both ends need to be exposed, held accountable and ignored, as do any "journalists" on both ends who are actually nothing more than advocates with microphones and cameras.

Very difficult to imagine that happening.
I do typically ignore them but I'm not the one out there trying to hold cities hostage based on false Twitter narratives.

First, there is a difference between fake news and making corrections if an initial story is incorrect.

Second, if there seems to be more stories in need of correction it is because the 24 hour news cycle puts stories on the air before they are properly vetted.

Third, this applies more to conservative media, but also somewhat to liberal media, there is a blurring of the lines between news and opinion. Conservatives will quote Rush or Hannity like a news source when all they are doing is spouting their opinion.

Fourth, there is a war on the truth. This I place squarely in the lap of the Trump Administration.

Fifth, the fake news mantra nearly all the times has nothing to do with the news being fake only news you disagree with. This is part and parcel of the war on truth.

Last edited:

We're past the Rubicon so to say and a terrible Civil War is just over the horizon after the November 3rd Elections. :smoke:

• Banned

When we accept that our leaders lie to us but we vote for them anyway, we get what we deserve.
That is very true but the advent of instant media is bypassing our leaders/prosecutors/etc...

The Division Pimps on both ends need to be exposed, held accountable and ignored, as do any "journalists" on both ends who are actually nothing more than advocates with microphones and cameras.

Very difficult to imagine that happening.

Well yes, but the problem is you have the cart pulling the horse. The division pimps are there because the division is here.

About half or more of the population do not agree with the American values, that includes Mac. And no, Americans do not want your left wing values.

The fiber of our nation is being DESTROYED by fake news. Can law makers do anything to stop this wild west media?.
That's easy. Revoke the broadcast license (or shut down the website or whatever) of any supposed news outlet that tells two verifiable lies in a month.

And so on.

The networks would be gone following their next weather reports.

We're past the Rubicon so to say and a terrible Civil War is just over the horizon after the November 3rd Elections. :smoke:
The only war you are going to fight is the one raging inside your head.

And so on.

The networks would be gone following their next weather reports.
Being incorrect and telling lies are two different things.

It will soon get to the point where more and more Americans will turn off the media and seek new more reliable sources....the stupid will remain stupid but not everyone is dumb enough to take them seriously....

That is very true but the advent of instant media is bypassing our leaders/prosecutors/etc...

Do you really believe all of that YouTube crap you cite every week? Of course you don't. But it doesn't stop you from spreading it. I suggest you stop doing it if you're worried about the proliferation of fake news.

Only two months to get the pussygrabber outta office, deplorables will be imploding....

1599173603384.png

We are too lazy to do our own fact-checking. We just listen to media that echoes our biases and don't listen to other voices. How many of us listen to both Fox and MSNBC? You don't get balance from a single source.

Only two months to get the pussygrabber outta office, deplorables will be imploding....

View attachment 384169
I guess you consider me a deplorable? Either way the day after the election will be the same as the day before for me regardless of who wins. My life doesn't revolve around politics. Having said that, what we are witnessing RIGHT NOW is a result of a broken media and social networking gone amuck. Neither Trump nor Biden is responsible for that.

Try to stay on topic

First, there is a difference between fake news and making corrections if an initial story is incorrect.

Second, if there seems to be more stories in need of correction it is because the 24 hour news cycle puts stories on the air before they are properly vetted.

Third, this applies more to conservative media, but also somewhat to liberal media, there is a blurring of the lines between news and opinion. Conservatives will quote Rush or Hannity like a news source when all they are doing is spouting their opinion.

Fourth, there is a war on the truth. This I place squarely in the lap of the Trump Administration.

Fifth, the fake news mantra nearly all the times has nothing to do with the news being fake only news you disagree with. This is part and parcel of the war on truth.

You couldn't be more fucked in the head
If your head was Stormy Daniels.

Forum List

Back