The fiber of our nation is being DESTROYED by fake news. Can law makers do anything to stop this wild west media?

Nearly EVERYDAY I hear about some poor innocent black person murdered by police. It starts on social media and is almost instantly picked up by our national media. 9 times out of 10 they don't have ANY of the facts surrounding the situation and what facts they do have are distorted horribly. Eventually we get a body cam or other video that PROVES the situations were not what was reported. Sadly by the time that happens the damage is done but as that story dies down because the new FACTS don't fit the reporting a new fake story is already replacing it. That asinine cycle prevents the morons from ever hearing the full truth because they are too busy being emotionally outraged over the previous lies they fell for.

Just today I FINALLY heard the facts surrounding Brianna Talor. They most certainly do not match the media narrative.

Make no mistake, we need police reforms but it has nothing to do with the fake narrative that race is the problem.

Print reporters and journalists used to be held accountable for every word they submitted and the editor and editorial board had to approve it before it was printed. Radio and TV reporters were held to the same standards. Newspapers like WaPo and NYT are constantly being sued for printing lies. TV and radio broadcasters use the trick of "retracting" or apologizing for their lies. News is not what it used to be because today they use the news as a weapon.

Nearly EVERYDAY I hear about some poor innocent black person murdered by police. It starts on social media and is almost instantly picked up by our national media. 9 times out of 10 they don't have ANY of the facts surrounding the situation and what facts they do have are distorted horribly. Eventually we get a body cam or other video that PROVES the situations were not what was reported. Sadly by the time that happens the damage is done but as that story dies down because the new FACTS don't fit the reporting a new fake story is already replacing it. That asinine cycle prevents the morons from ever hearing the full truth because they are too busy being emotionally outraged over the previous lies they fell for.

Just today I FINALLY heard the facts surrounding Brianna Talor. They most certainly do not match the media narrative.

Make no mistake, we need police reforms but it has nothing to do with the fake narrative that race is the problem.
When we accept that our leaders lie to us but we vote for them anyway, we get what we deserve.
That is very true but the advent of instant media is bypassing our leaders/prosecutors/etc...

Do you really believe all of that YouTube crap you cite every week? Of course you don't. But it doesn't stop you from spreading it. I suggest you stop doing it if you're worried about the proliferation of fake news.
If you're referring to my Tim Pool posts you are half right. I post his stories for the stories in the topic. Yeah he eventually meanders into some stupid shit about civil wars or mass food shortages but unlike some I don't just write off a source because they say something I don't agree with. Surely you've seen me mock the people who cry endlessly about CNN but then provide a CNN link thereby increasing their click revenue stream?

You are acting as if this kind of journalism is something new. You could not be more wrong.

In the year of our Lord 1834:

"All the political journals of the United States are, indeed, arrayed on the side of the administration or against it; but they attack and defend it in a thousand different ways. They cannot form those great currents of opinion which sweep away the strongest dikes. This division of the influence of the press produces other consequences scarcely less remarkable. The facility with which newspapers can be established produces a multitude of them; but as the competition prevents any considerable profit, persons of much capacity are rarely led to engage in these undertakings. Such is the number of the public prints that even if they were a source of wealth, writers of ability could not be found to direct them all. The journalists of the United States are generally in a very humble position, with a scanty education and a vulgar turn of mind. The class spirit of the French journalists consists in a violent but frequently an eloquent and lofty manner of discussing the great interests of the state, and the exceptions to this mode of writing are only occasional. The characteristics of the American journalist consist in an open and coarse appeal to the passions of his readers; he abandons principles to assail the characters of individuals, to track them into private life and disclose all their weaknesses and vices."

Tocqueville Book 1 Chapter 11

First, there is a difference between fake news and making corrections if an initial story is incorrect.

Second, if there seems to be more stories in need of correction it is because the 24 hour news cycle puts stories on the air before they are properly vetted.

Third, this applies more to conservative media, but also somewhat to liberal media, there is a blurring of the lines between news and opinion. Conservatives will quote Rush or Hannity like a news source when all they are doing is spouting their opinion.

Fourth, there is a war on the truth. This I place squarely in the lap of the Trump Administration.

Fifth, the fake news mantra nearly all the times has nothing to do with the news being fake only news you disagree with. This is part and parcel of the war on truth.

You couldn't be more fucked in the head
If your head was Stormy Daniels.
Wow..another brilliant retort. C’mon Billie Jean put that GED to use!

What is also hilarious about your post, Billie Jean, is this comes from someone who often goes by his initials “BJ”. So I guess you know a thing or two about head.

Last edited:

When we accept that our leaders lie to us but we vote for them anyway, we get what we deserve.
That is very true but the advent of instant media is bypassing our leaders/prosecutors/etc...

Do you really believe all of that YouTube crap you cite every week? Of course you don't. But it doesn't stop you from spreading it. I suggest you stop doing it if you're worried about the proliferation of fake news.
If you're referring to my Tim Pool posts you are half right. I post his stories for the stories in the topic. Yeah he eventually meanders into some stupid shit about civil wars or mass food shortages but unlike some I don't just write off a source because they say something I don't agree with. Surely you've seen me mock the people who cry endlessly about CNN but then provide a CNN link thereby increasing their click revenue stream?
Civil War isn't stupid shit because i think it's a very strong possibility that it will start in the months after the November 3rd Elections. :smoke:

Civil War isn't stupid shit because i think it's a very strong possibility that it will start in the months after the November 3rd Elections. :smoke:
He's been parroting it for at least a year now bro. He did it then would run ads trying to sell that prepackaged freeze dried food shit.
I can read between the lines, I'm not stupid. Do I fault him? Hell no, make a buck bro. Do I believe it? Nope.

Is it possible? Sure. But he talks about it EVERY FUCKING DAY now. Tiresome doom & gloom bullshit.

I'm a glass half full kind of guy.

He's been parroting it for at least a year now bro. He did it then would run ads trying to sell that prepackaged freeze dried food shit.
I can read between the lines, I'm not stupid. Do I fault him? Hell no, make a buck bro. Do I believe it? Nope.

Is it possible? Sure. But he talks about it EVERY FUCKING DAY now. Tiresome doom & gloom bullshit.

I'm a glass half full kind of guy.
Gotcha ;)

You are acting as if this kind of journalism is something new. You could not be more wrong.

"All the political journals of the United States are, indeed, arrayed on the side of the administration or against it; but they attack and defend it in a thousand different ways. They cannot form those great currents of opinion which sweep away the strongest dikes. This division of the influence of the press produces other consequences scarcely less remarkable. The facility with which newspapers can be established produces a multitude of them; but as the competition prevents any considerable profit, persons of much capacity are rarely led to engage in these undertakings. Such is the number of the public prints that even if they were a source of wealth, writers of ability could not be found to direct them all. The journalists of the United States are generally in a very humble position, with a scanty education and a vulgar turn of mind. The class spirit of the French journalists consists in a violent but frequently an eloquent and lofty manner of discussing the great interests of the state, and the exceptions to this mode of writing are only occasional. The characteristics of the American journalist consist in an open and coarse appeal to the passions of his readers; he abandons principles to assail the characters of individuals, to track them into private life and disclose all their weaknesses and vices."

Did they whip up massive rioting crowds in the 1800's in a matter of MINUTES/HOURS

No? Yeah ok. STFU

Did they whip up massive rioting crowds in the 1800's in a matter of MINUTES/HOURS

No? Yeah ok. STFU
Uh, dumbass? There were indeed riots in the 1800s. See: Haymarket Riot

No? Yeah ok. STFU
riots.jpg

You're welcome

No? Yeah ok. STFU
I never said there weren't. The point of this thread CLEARY is above your education level so back to ignore you go.

I am constantly amazed at the ignorance of our history by posters on this forum.

No? Yeah ok. STFU
I never said there weren't. The point of this thread CLEARY is above your education level so back to ignore you go.
You plainly said No to riots in the 1800s, dumbass.

Read a history book sometime!

It is precisely because of historical ignorance that we get retards parroting lies fed to them by their puppet masters.

If you think present presidential campaigns are the ugliest in history, you are sorely mistaken.

Just look at the 1824 and 1828 elections.

No? Yeah ok. STFU

He didn't say no riots in the 1800s. He said:

"Did they whip up massive rioting crowds in the 1800's in a matter of MINUTES/HOURS"

From the Cincinnati Gazette during the 1828 campaign:

"General Jackson’s mother was a common prostitute, brought to this country by the British soldiers! She afterwards married a mulatto man, with whom she had several children, of which number General Jackson is one!"

It makes our present day media look pretty tame, doesn't it.

No? Yeah ok. STFU

He didn't say no riots in the 1800s. He said:

"Did they whip up massive rioting crowds in the 1800's in a matter of MINUTES/HOURS"
False comparison. There was no television back then. Only newspapers which were delivered on horseback.

Not just riots were inspired by the press, we went to WAR as a result of the press. "REMEMBER THE MAINE!"

The salient point is an irresponsible press, and the media of the 1800s wins, hands down.

Dumbass made a stupid mistake. He is too prideful to admit his ignorance.

Forum List

Back