The Fastest-Growing Industry In The U.S.

What construction jobs have drug tests also, like I said per insurance stipulations

Legal marijuana is the fastest-growing industry in the United States and if the trend toward legalization spreads to all 50 states, marijuana could become larger than the organic food industry, according to a new report obtained by The Huffington Post.

Legal Marijuana Is The Fastest-Growing Industry In The U.S. Report

Marijuana kills brain cells. Maybe not all at once, but they do die. Sorry, I do not agree with legalizing it. Doctors have better choices to treat these medical conditions so marijuana use would not be necessary. Combine that with the risk of getting schizophrenia and becoming jobless and homeless if the treatment doesn’t work, and I see no real public benefit of legalizing the drug.

Government experts now admit that pot doesn’t kill brain cells. This myth came from a handful of animal experiments in which structural changes (not actual cell death, as is often alleged) were observed in brain cells of animals exposed to high doses of pot. Many critics still cite the notorious monkey studies of Dr. Robert G. Heath, which purported to find brain damage in three monkeys that had been heavily dosed with cannabis. This work was never replicated and has since been discredited by a pair of better controlled, much larger monkey studies, one by Dr. William Slikker of the National Center for Toxicological Research and the other by Charles Rebert and Gordon Pryor of SRI International. Neither found any evidence of physical alteration in the brains of monkeys exposed to daily doses of pot for up to a year. Human studies of heavy users in Jamaica and Costa Rica found no evidence of abnormalities in brain physiology. Even though there is no evidence that pot causes permanent brain damage, users should be aware that persistent deficits in short-term memory have been noted in chronic, heavy marijuana smokers after 6 to 12 weeks of abstinence. It is worth noting that other drugs, including alcohol, are known to cause brain damage.

Myths About Marijuana

Legal marijuana is the fastest-growing industry in the United States and if the trend toward legalization spreads to all 50 states, marijuana could become larger than the organic food industry, according to a new report obtained by The Huffington Post.

Marijuana kills brain cells. Maybe not all at once, but they do die. Sorry, I do not agree with legalizing it. Doctors have better choices to treat these medical conditions so marijuana use would not be necessary. Combine that with the risk of getting schizophrenia and becoming jobless and homeless if the treatment doesn’t work, and I see no real public benefit of legalizing the drug.
Pot works way better for nausea then the high dollar drugs my oncologist prescribe for me,bad mornings I need a few puffs before I can even take the persrciption drugs.

Pot as many medical uses,pain nausea nervous conditions

Well there ya go a lot of jobs are at stake if we legalize it in all 50 states, just like if we have a flat tax

Where would.all these millions of now unemployed, prison gaurds, lawyers, IRS agents and the like work?
They can work at rebuilding the decaying infrastructure -- which could be financed with the substantial tax revenues generated by legal marijuana sales.

Pot works way better for nausea then the high dollar drugs my oncologist prescribe for me,bad mornings I need a few puffs before I can even take the persrciption drugs.

Pot as many medical uses,pain nausea nervous conditions
I believe you because I know

With cocaine you just understand that's it, as far as a speed rush as you can go, it's ok moderation , but don't get hooked on it like vodka, other wise your going to have a very short life I know

3 of my friends died in there 40s because of vodka
Back in the early '70s, a fellow who'd been a friend for many years was beginning to manifest signs of alcoholism (spent a lot of time in bars and he drank a lot of vodka at my daughter's wedding.) So my wife and I patiently introduced him to marijuana, which was decriminalized in New York City then, and which eventually weaned him away from the booze and transformed him into a fat and healthy marijuana user.

That is but one example of the reason why the liquor industry is among the most motivated anti-marijuana protagonists, consistently spending millions of dollars lobbying anti-pot politicians. (Second only to the pharmaceutical industry.)

Great post mike, one of my friends who died of vodka, was my first wife at 44

some people need an escape from working there ass of so they turn to alcohol because it is legal, but deadly as hell if you get hooked on it, but weed is not

With cocaine you just understand that's it, as far as a speed rush as you can go, it's ok moderation , but don't get hooked on it like vodka, other wise your going to have a very short life I know

Back in the early '70s, a fellow who'd been a friend for many years was beginning to manifest signs of alcoholism (spent a lot of time in bars and he drank a lot of vodka at my daughter's wedding.) So my wife and I patiently introduced him to marijuana, which was decriminalized in New York City then, and which eventually weaned him away from the booze and transformed him into a fat and healthy marijuana user.

That is but one example of the reason why the liquor industry is among the most motivated anti-marijuana protagonists, consistently spending millions of dollars lobbying anti-pot politicians. (Second only to the pharmaceutical industry.)
So you took someone already troubled and made him a drug addict. Dealers do it every day. It's so common.

A man I knew years ago had a friend of his give him pot to make him feel better after his mother died. It was the drug addict form of grief control. That didn't end well. He moved on to pot laced with angel dust and became quite violent.

Who would buy weed that can grow in almost any space?

I can brew beer in the spare bedroom if I wanted. But I like the quality of product I can receive from others, and the convenience of not having to put in the time and effort myself. I could also grow my own veggies. But again, I'd rather buy them instead of putting forth the time and effort. Sometimes, I even go to places that will serve me cooked meals. I can cook and do dishes myself, but that doesn't stop me from spending my money to have other people do it.

I am a 49 year old republican voter, but I don't see what The big deal is, if I could go to Walgreen once and a while and pick up an 1/8 ball of coke, or a gram of hash?

Hell bars are legal and alcohol to our brain is the same thing as opiates
there are people who will have a cigarette hanging from the lips and a beer in their hand telling you how bad pot is and we cant allow you to smoke it....for your own safety of course......

So you took someone already troubled and made him a drug addict. Dealers do it every day. It's so common.

A man I knew years ago had a friend of his give him pot to make him feel better after his mother died. It was the drug addict form of grief control. That didn't end well. He moved on to pot laced with angel dust and became quite violent.
then that man you knew was an idiot.....not many pot smokers would even think of doing that....

I won't try to influence your Reefer Madness orientation because I can tell it is firmly embedded. But for the benefit of those who might be swayed by it, you should understand that because of the number of Americans who regularly use marijuana (estimated at 50 million by NIDA and the DEA) if marijuana were addictive every street in America would by now be inhabited by nodding, stupefied junkies.

The simple fact of the matter is marijuana is not addictive, nor is it harmful unless consumed to pathological excess, nor is there a single example anywhere in the annals of medical science of anyone having died or been made sick from marijuana, nor is it possible to "overdose" on marijuana.

I don't expect you to take my word for any of that, but if you are at all interested in educating yourself on this subject I will recommend the following books to you:

The Emperor Wears No Clothes, by Jack Herer. And, Marijuana, The Forbidden Medicine, by Dr. Lester Grinspoon, MD, PhD, Professor of Psychiatric Medicine, Harvard Medical School. Both are available from Amazon.

But if you prefer to remain brainwashed and ignorant, that's your business.

I won't try to influence your Reefer Madness orientation because I can tell it is firmly embedded. But for the benefit of those who might be swayed by it, you should understand that because of the number of Americans who regularly use marijuana (estimated at 50 million by NIDA and the DEA) if marijuana were addictive every street in America would by now be inhabited by nodding, stupefied junkies.

The simple fact of the matter is marijuana is not addictive, nor is it harmful unless consumed to pathological excess, nor is there a single example anywhere in the annals of medical science of anyone having died or been made sick from marijuana, nor is it possible to "overdose" on marijuana.

I don't expect you to take my word for any of that, but if you are at all interested in educating yourself on this subject I will recommend the following books to you:

The Emperor Wears No Clothes, by Jack Herer. And, Marijuana, The Forbidden Medicine, by Dr. Lester Grinspoon, MD, PhD, Professor of Psychiatric Medicine, Harvard Medical School. Both are available from Amazon.

Wait, smoking is not harmful? When did this happen?

Wait, smoking is not harmful? When did this happen?
Smoking does not impair cognitive ability. Or would you not mind if the school bus driver was high on pot?

Forum List

Back