The Fastest-Growing Industry In The U.S.

Wait, smoking is not harmful? When did this happen?
Smoking anything is harmful -- in proportion to the chemical properties of what is smoked and how often it is done. Smoking one or two marijuana "joints" a day isn't nearly as harmful as smoking twenty to thirty tobacco cigarettes a day.

But the important thing to know is smoking is not the only way to enjoy marijuana, nor is it the best way. The reason why smoking joints is so common is baking and cooking with it calls for considerable experience and expertise, which is difficult or impossible to achieve because of the prohibition.

Smoking a joint introduces THC directly to the brain thereby producing an immediate and intense effect, which quickly dissipates leaving a dull residual feeling. But ingesting an expertly prepared pot brownie, or some carrot cake, produces a much different, far more pleasurable and longer lasting euphoric, tranquil effect.

In fact, the pharmaceutical industry vigorously opposes the legalization of marijuana because there is no better tranquilizer available at any price. So legal marijuana will quickly replace one of the most commonly used and profitable products of the pharmaceutical industry.

Legal marijuana is the fastest-growing industry in the United States and if the trend toward legalization spreads to all 50 states, marijuana could become larger than the organic food industry, according to a new report obtained by The Huffington Post.

Legal Marijuana Is The Fastest-Growing Industry In The U.S. Report

Marijuana kills brain cells. Maybe not all at once, but they do die. Sorry, I do not agree with legalizing it. Doctors have better choices to treat these medical conditions so marijuana use would not be necessary. Combine that with the risk of getting schizophrenia and becoming jobless and homeless if the treatment doesn’t work, and I see no real public benefit of legalizing the drug.

Come talk to me when you have breast cancer. When you're spending your days throwing up all day long.

Come tell me how the very expensive pharmaceutical drugs work on you while you're throwing them up right after you take them.

Then tell me you won't try anything under the sun to make you not throw up 24-7 365 days a year.

Tell me that it's wrong for me to do everything in my power to not die and leave my child without my love and guidance while she's growing up.

Tell my husband that it's wrong for me to do everything in my power to stay alive and grow old with him

Then tell me I have no right to fight for my life.

It's people like you who really make me disgusted. You lie about the drug and then want to make people criminals for just trying to save their own lives.
Many of these progressives are still living in the 1920's...

Then they aren't progressives.

And I vote republican
that dont mean shit......i got high for many years with just as many right leaning folks as left leaners,and they are still pretty conservative.....one of them was a Jehovahs Witness who used to take a few hits with us.....

Great post mike, one of my friends who died of vodka, was my first wife at 44

some people need an escape from working there ass of so they turn to alcohol because it is legal, but deadly as hell if you get hooked on it, but weed is not
i worked with more than one guy who would down a 6 pack after work just about every day....and they did not do pot....

So you took someone already troubled and made him a drug addict. Dealers do it every day. It's so common.

A man I knew years ago had a friend of his give him pot to make him feel better after his mother died. It was the drug addict form of grief control. That didn't end well. He moved on to pot laced with angel dust and became quite violent.
I won't try to influence your Reefer Madness orientation because I can tell it is firmly embedded. But for the benefit of those who might be swayed by it, you should understand that because of the number of Americans who regularly use marijuana (estimated at 50 million by NIDA and the DEA) if marijuana were addictive every street in America would by now be inhabited by nodding, stupefied junkies.

The simple fact of the matter is marijuana is not addictive, nor is it harmful unless consumed to pathological excess, nor is there a single example anywhere in the annals of medical science of anyone having died or been made sick from marijuana, nor is it possible to "overdose" on marijuana.

I don't expect you to take my word for any of that, but if you are at all interested in educating yourself on this subject I will recommend the following books to you:

The Emperor Wears No Clothes, by Jack Herer. And, Marijuana, The Forbidden Medicine, by Dr. Lester Grinspoon, MD, PhD, Professor of Psychiatric Medicine, Harvard Medical School. Both are available from Amazon.

But if you prefer to remain brainwashed and ignorant, that's your business.

Wait, smoking is not harmful? When did this happen?
Smoking does not impair cognitive ability. Or would you not mind if the school bus driver was high on pot?
school bus drivers are drug tested.....or should be.....and if found high or drunk....he/she loses the job and the class of license to drive one...

"Fastest growing."

Day One: One pot grower.

Day Two: Two pot growers.

They have doubled in less than a week! Fastest growing!

Forum List

Back