The fallacy of self defence by gun

When you call everyone who has a carry gun a "gun nut", you are arguing like the religious fundamentalists. I have several guns. I also have a permit to carry. I am not a gun nut. I am a shooter, a collector and a hunter. But I am not a "gun nut".
A gun nut is a person who's religion is guns.

Have a conversation with a religious person about the Bible and God, they defend on blind faith. Have a conversation with a gun nut, they defend on blind faith. Reality and evidence proves that your gun obsession to self defence is based on pure fallacy.

I'm asking you what you suggest people do when they are confronted with a home invader.

So, what do you suggest?
I'll tell them to telephone Briss for the handy tips he/she used when his/her house was invaded.

What do TV programmes suggest? Window and door locks? A dog? Neighborhood Watch scheme? CCTV with lights that come on when they pick movement up? A spy hole in the door? A panic button? A house alarm? Pepper spray? Stronger front door? A rolling pin?

Personally, I have two little dogs that bark at the slightest sound and a Ring door bell.

Thank you for your false dilemma. If you feel your only means to defence is purely just a gun, a dog has a higher IQ than you.

Why? Because you say it is so? I choose an easily concealed tool that evens the odds in a fight and can be seen.

FYI, the FBI estimates there are over 100,000 uses of firearms that stop crimes every year.

Often, the criminal seeing the gun prevents the crime. Hence the claim that a gun in the house is more likely to kill someone in the household than a criminal. Most defensive uses of a gun do not result in any death.

Oh, and I originally mentioned being attacked by more than one person, when all are significantly younger than I am. What other means of self defense do you suggest? Taking karate? Calling the police?

Have a conversation with a religious person about the Bible and God, they defend on blind faith. Have a conversation with a gun nut, they defend on blind faith. Reality and evidence proves that your gun obsession to self defence is based on pure fallacy.

I have been a shooter and a fan of the history of firearms since I was 8 or 9. No religious implications for them at all. They are merely a tool.

I'll tell them to telephone Briss for the handy tips he/she used when his/her house was invaded.

What do TV programmes suggest? Window and door locks? A dog? Neighborhood Watch scheme? CCTV with lights that come on when they pick movement up? A spy hole in the door? A panic button? A house alarm? Pepper spray? Stronger front door? A rolling pin?

Personally, I have two little dogs that bark at the slightest sound and a Ring door bell. victims of home invasions
So, what you're saying is that the victims of home invasions are responsible for what happens to them because a home invader or burglar shouldn't have been able to breach their home barrier in the first place. So, if your home is not invader-proof, you shouldn't be able to defend yourself effectively when the barrier is breached.

Is that about it?

I've always stated that needing a gun for self defence was a fallacy, and we all know it is. So what's with the gun nuts running off and copying pasting articles from shady sources?

Well look no further, just simply check with Harvard and the studies -

Pardon the pun, Harvard blow holes in the gun nut's self defence argument.

So anyone arming up for the mistaken belief they need to for self defence against others, they're the worst candidate to own a gun.
Simply put, you are a liar.

The only group whose religion is guns are the Mandalorians....you dumb ass.....

So, what you're saying is that the victims of home invasions are responsible for what happens to them because a home invader or burglar shouldn't have been able to breach their home barrier in the first place. So, if your home is not invader-proof, you shouldn't be able to defend yourself effectively when the barrier is breached.

Is that about it?
So you're out shopping and your house is burgled. How did you gun help you?

Watched a crime programme on TV where burglars were interviewed. They often knock on your door, and if you answer, they have an excuse, like, "Does Kevin live here?". When you say know, they claim they must have the wrong house/street and bid you good day. If there's no answer, you could then be burgled. But all the burglars were put off by CTV and a barking dog.

I hope you're not stupid enough not to have any home security.

Gun ownership and firearm-related deaths - PubMed
Conclusion: The number of guns per capita per country was a strong and independent predictor of firearm-related death in a given country, whereas the predictive power of the mental illness burden was of borderline significance in a multivariable model. Regardless of exact cause and effect, however, the current study debunks the widely quoted hypothesis that guns make a nation safer.
This is where I ask you to demonstrate the necessary relationship between gun ownership rates and gun violence rates.
You will respond by tucking your tail and running away.

Why? Because you say it is so? I choose an easily concealed tool that evens the odds in a fight and can be seen.

FYI, the FBI estimates there are over 100,000 uses of firearms that stop crimes every year.

Often, the criminal seeing the gun prevents the crime. Hence the claim that a gun in the house is more likely to kill someone in the household than a criminal. Most defensive uses of a gun do not result in any death.

Oh, and I originally mentioned being attacked by more than one person, when all are significantly younger than I am. What other means of self defense do you suggest? Taking karate? Calling the police?
So when did the home invaders run off because they saw your gun?

Forum List

Back