The fall of Colin Kaepernick

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Oh how this article warms my heart :biggrin:.

NFL morning after: The decline of Colin Kaepernick

Colin Kaepernick is the NFL’s most significant player off the field, a player whose simple act of declining to stand during the national anthem has led to wide-ranging discussions across America about race, police brutality, free speech and the role of sport in society. That has been the subject of thousands of commentaries.

But it’s not the subject of this commentary. Instead, I want to talk about why I also consider Kaepernick the most fascinating NFL player off the field. And the reason for that is simple: He has rapidly declined from a very good quarterback to a terrible quarterback, at an age when most quarterbacks are still getting better.

It was less than four years ago that Kaepernick took over for Alex Smith in the middle of the 2012 season and putting an absolute beating on the Bears in his first NFL start. Do you remember how good Kaepernick was that year? The game that sticks with me is when he went to New England in just his fifth NFL start. Everyone said Bill Belichick would have the key to stopping this upstart young quarterback. Instead Kaepernick threw for four touchdown passes as the 49ers put up 41 points in a win over the Patriots. Quarterbacks making career start No. 5 aren’t supposed to shred Belichick’s defense. Kaepernick did.

NFL morning after: The decline of Colin Kaepernick

NO NO NO, Colin is a young American using non violent means of freedom of expression. He is allowed this conscientious objector stance. Message Socks Matter.

NO NO NO, Colin is a young American using non violent means of freedom of expression. He is allowed this conscientious objector stance. Message Socks Matter.

Yeah he's free to make an ass out of himself all he wants, however this story is NOT about his free speech. This is about his suckass play ON the field.
He's went from a huge young star, to a QB that may now not even be able to make someone's roster.

Hopefully he doesn't mind moving to Canada. :rofl:

The NFL Is in Decline

And then there was the political stuff. The quarterback who launched that wounded duck of a pass was Colin Kaepernick. He had just missed winning a Super Bowl three years ago. These days, he is a backup. But he had started this game against the Bills, because the 49ers had lost four games in a row. So Kaepernick started against the Buffalo Bills because .  .  . well, probably because the coach thought, "Why not? He can't do any worse."

Before that, when he was still on the bench, Kaepernick had managed to make himself more conspicuous than just about any professional football player, with the possible exception of the New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, who returned in glory from his four-game suspension (about which we all have heard enough) throwing the ball (properly inflated, no doubt) as accurately as ever. Kaepernick, who doesn't have Brady's arm, had been making news by making a political statement. When "The Star-Spangled Banner" was performed before kickoffs, he would sit or "take a knee," instead of standing. "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," he said. It was a protest, a gesture of solidarity, a statement .  .  . and so on and so forth.

It was also a possible suspect in the whodunit that has consumed professional football this year. Namely, what has happened to the NFL's TV ratings?

Yeah he's free to make an ass out of himself all he wants, however this story is NOT about his free speech. This is about his suckass play ON the field.
He's went from a huge young star, to a QB that may now not even be able to make someone's roster.

Hopefully he doesn't mind moving to Canada. :rofl:
If what I read about his lifestyle is true, he's going to be broke the rest of his life like every other young twerp who spent all the money like it would never end.

when Bush was president, I was kicked out of school for refusin to salute the flag...KEEP FIGHTIN EM SEXY KAP!

Good! My personal boycott of NFL games worked.

hi-res-317a2dce2474f0e892469a4ce607f94f_crop_north.jpg

Tom Brady is the best quarterback in world history. Who the fuck as that ugly ass douchebag with the angry afro trying to kid? What kind of qu33r names their child after an internal organ involved in doo doo.

Forum List

Back