the era of the new T-Pot dome affair

washamericom

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2010
i think political bombshells and october surprises will be time magazine's person of the year.

this is eight years steeped in corruption. not just the clintons. i think donna brazile will be gone by the end of the week.

i think comey is getting ready to jump off the t pot dome express, because he doesn't want to go down in history with these people. comey is the last bastion of morality left in this swamp.

Teapot Dome scandal - Wikipedia

Teapot Dome scandal
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Teapot Dome" redirects here. For other uses, see Teapot Dome (disambiguation).

Oil businessman Edward L. Doheny (second from right, at table) testifying before the Senate Committee investigating the Teapot Dome oil leases in 1924

Teapot Dome around the time of the scandal, featuring Teapot Rock (from postcard, ca 1922)

Teapot Rock viewed from the south. The Teapot Dome oil fields are located north of the rock to the right. (image ca 2009).
The Teapot Dome scandal was a bribery incident that took place in the United States from 1921 to 1922, during the administration of President Warren G. Harding. Secretary of the Interior Albert Bacon Fall had leased Navy petroleumreserves at Teapot Dome in Wyoming and two other locations in California to private oil companies at low rates without competitive bidding. In 1922 and 1923, the leases became the subject of a sensational investigation by Senator Thomas J. Walsh. Fall was later convicted of accepting bribes from the oil companies and became the first Cabinet member to go to prison. No person was ever convicted of paying a bribe, however.

Before the Watergate scandal, Teapot Dome was regarded as the "greatest and most sensational scandal in the history of American politics".[1] The scandal damaged the public reputation of the Harding administration, which was already severely diminished by its controversial handling of the Great Railroad Strike of 1922 and the President's veto of the Bonus Bill in 1922.[2]

Forum List

Back