The end of coffee shop culture

They are dropping like flies over here. Folk who work from home dont buy coffee at lunchtime. Its very sad. I did some work for Costa last year and met a lot of very nice people.

So forcibly closing them down didn't make them more prosperous, Ahmed?

Dayum, who would have seen that coming? :dunno:

Living in fear should not become the new normal. Life is meant to be lived but woke liberals would have us all live under a mask forever, They have an odd sense of maintaining order and control on a population because at the same time they encourage lawlessness by chosen segments of society.

They are dropping like flies over here. Folk who work from home dont buy coffee at lunchtime. Its very sad. I did some work for Costa last year and met a lot of very nice people.

In 30-40 years after a vaccine is perfected, people will feel comfortable to take off their masks and go back to normal.

Living in fear should not become the new normal. Life is meant to be lived but woke liberals would have us all live under a mask forever, They have an odd sense of maintaining order and control on a population because at the same time they encourage lawlessness by chosen segments of society.

democrats have unleashed terrorists on America. They released their ANTIFA Brown Shirts to assault, rape and burn. They released their BLM Klan to loot, rape, and burn.

democrats use their terrorists to create TERROR, to foment an atmosphere of dread and fear. Fear is a major weapon democrats are using in their war to end America.

Its more of a lifestyle choice. Working from home gives folk an hour extra in bed and they can be sipping a cold one a minute after finishing work.
In London a rail season ticket can be a major investment so that is a huge financial benefit.

Benefits the company as well because they can downsize their office space.
Some dont like it but its now been proven to work.

The downside is that businesses that are built on the back of office life are going to suffer.

Never heard of that chain, and I drink quite a bit of coffee.

A lot of coffee is grown in Costa Rica and other countries of suitable latitude — I live above the 64th parallel, and as far as I know, it's much too far north to grow coffee outdoors, and farmers have better luck with barley or perhaps rye than they do with wheat or corn.

Apples, raspberries, blueberries do fine, as well as lettuce and root vegetables such as carrots, onions, and potatoes.

Illegal cash crops such as marijuana, coca, and opium poppies are generally grown indoors — makes me wonder if the feds bust an indoor grow operation and put it up for sale at auction, if a person could grow coffee as well as tomatoes, peppers, avocados, and other tropical fruits for fun and profit.

democrats have unleashed terrorists on America. They released their ANTIFA Brown Shirts to assault, rape and burn. They released their BLM Klan to loot, rape, and burn.

democrats use their terrorists to create TERROR, to foment an atmosphere of dread and fear. Fear is a major weapon democrats are using in their war to end America.
suicide_booth_by_r_w_shilling.jpg

Gee whiz! Maybe shutting down entire economies over a seasonal virus was an overreaction.

In 30-40 years after a vaccine is perfected, people will feel comfortable to take off their masks and go back to normal.
By this time next year masks in the US will be considered optional but recommend in crowded events such as concerts and major sporting events. By fall of this year with most of the population vaccinated, it will be will very difficult to get people to wear masks.

Kovid closes Koffee
HIV closed "bath houses"
A cold sore from sharing a cup of coffee can't be the end of "coffee culture" or the world as we know it.

Bath houses and saunas are very much essential to Finnish culture, little kids and all — nothing "adult" or nightclubbish about it. It's a hot steam bath and make sure the children scrub behind their ears.

There's a buttfucking doctor making house calls, sneaked in with a black bag of burglary tools, took a sledgehammer to the toilet, bathtub, and vanity sink in a private home. Not even a crime because burglars have special rights with a medical license in San Francisco.

Never heard of it. I don't drink that latte stuff so personally I'd rather brew my own at home rather than shelling out the better part of 3 bucks for a crappy cup of Starbucks.

This should be read at your funeral.

So forcibly closing them down didn't make them more prosperous, Ahmed?

Dayum, who would have seen that coming? :dunno:
What we did last year was to adhere to preventive methods that have proven to work with other airborne epidemics, separating people, (social distancing, quarantining, and shutdowns) and putting barriers between people, (masks, plastic shields, and walls). There is and will always be disagreements as to how effective each method is because effectiveness depends on the culture of the people but nearly all the scientists agree that doing nothing is not a good option.

Scientist at London college projected that in America if nothing was done. 80% of the population would be infected (272 million). .9% (4 million) would die. and 3% of the population (10million) would become seriously ill. It would take up to 36 months to reach herd immunity. However, if new strands occurred which is likely when viruses go unchecked, this could lead to a cataclysmic event. Historical, when government does not take a leadership role in a serious epidemic, the outcome is worse and social unrest has lead to disintegration of the society.

I think chains get a bum rap sometimes. You dont eat in Macs for a taste experience.You eat there because you know what you will get and that the hygiene standards will be generally high.

Its the same with the coffee shops they are generally uniform and have raised the standards of the indy sector. People who get around a lot find that quite comforting.

Forum List

Back