The effectiveness of the "enhanced" techniques.

All you people need to do is to prove the FACTS which impart THE WHOLE TRUTH.

Now you idiots claim
See how that works?

Now produce the evidence...

Otherwise you're just a big fat liar... of the 'pants on fire' variety...
doosh bagh!!!!!

argue with somebody who was actually there.

Ali Soufan, a former FBI counter-terrorism agent and interrogator, testified that President George W. Bush and Justice Department lawyers were wrong when they said that waterboarding and other tactics used on one suspect provided key pieces of intelligence about Al Qaeda after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

Testifying from behind a screen to protect his identity, Soufan said the techniques, touted by the Bush administration as perhaps its most effective weapon against terrorism, were actually slow, ineffective and unreliable.

He said that he and a CIA agent gleaned much, if not all, of the crucial information from suspected Al Qaeda chieftain Abu Zubaydah before the coercive techniques were initiated, including information on the key role of Khalid Shaikh Mohammed in the Sept. 11 attacks and the plot by alleged dirty bomber Jose Padilla.

Soufan, now a private security consultant, also said that outside contractors working for the CIA were the ones who used the coercive tactics, and that he and the CIA official working with him protested. The use of harsher methods by the contractors backfired, Soufan said, prompting Zubaydah to stop talking.

"I totally disagree with the assertion that there was a conflict between FBI and CIA. They were 100% supportive," Soufan said of the on-site CIA officials. "The chief psychologist objected to these techniques and left the location even before I did."

Oh my... looky there... why there it IS! The entire issue boiled down in a few paragraphs...

ALI SOUFAN SAYS SO! So set aside your common sense and believe THAT.

ROFL...

Of course, the same ideology, lead by Nancy Pelosi who is now claiming her 5th ethereal account of how and when she came to know about the enhanced techniques being utilized by the CIA... which is about to result in her public disgrace and loss of her House Speaker-ship.

Mr. Soufan is a long time detractor of the CIA and has built his career claiming NUMEROUS epiphanies in hindsight, at the expense of the CIA.

There is nothing new here and every stich of this woven deception flies in the face of common SENSE.

But that's leftism for ya...

I'm curious... what would be the payoff for the general public at large to know the "straight skinny" on the interrogation of the detainees? <---- (I do hope I've stated that in proper PC terms!)

How the fuck can anyone believe what Cheney says?

Remember people........we were duped once when we went into Iraq rather than Afghanistan to go after the people responsible for 9/11.

We were also lied to about the WMD's.

So, what makes you people think that the Dick is telling the truth THIS time?

You believe him? I sure as fuck don't.

How the fuck can anyone believe what Cheney says?

Remember people........we were duped once when we went into Iraq rather than Afghanistan to go after the people responsible for 9/11.

We were also lied to about the WMD's.

So, what makes you people think that the Dick is telling the truth THIS time?

You believe him? I sure as fuck don't.
um, we didnt go into Afgahnistan? wow, thats news to me and several thousand troops

The main onus of the war was in Iraq, and Bush Jr. was going after Saddam (who had NOTHING to do with 9/11).

Over in Afghanistan, we sent in a token amount of troops, while letting OBL roam free (who WAS responsible for 9/11).

Try to keep up Diving Chum. I hear the sharks are hungry.

obama already admitted the enhanced techniques yielded intelligence, further he never disputed cheney's claim that the techniques saved lives....and it is telling that obama released the memos but won't release the memos detailing the successes....

do any memos REALLY detail the success of the techniques?

We have the word of VP Cheney against the words of a few people who were actually there.
hmmmmmm, ....:eusa_whistle:

yes, how do you think obama knew that the techniques did gain intelligence? if they did not exist, why would obama not claim cheney is a liar and state there are no memos....instead, obama said he would not release them...obama has never once said cheney was wrong for saying the techniques saved lives.

obama would be the first to jump on that, but he hasn't, all he said was the techniques worked and were successful....

Effective or not, torture is illegal and always has been in the United States. General George Washington was the first to ban torture and it has been this high standard which gave America the moral high ground. We will not regain it until those responsible for these heinous acts are brought to justice.

For the millionth time, one man's torture is another man's coercion (enhanced techniques). It all depends on who is slinging the mud.

What happened to the black and white righties of the 'Impeach Clinton to Protect the Rule of Law' era?

Now we have the "Hey it All Depends on How You Define Torture" righties.

You are just floating down that river in Egypt now.

It depends on the what the meaning of the word torture is.

It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is.

Very familiar.

The main onus of the war was in Iraq, and Bush Jr. was going after Saddam (who had NOTHING to do with 9/11).

Over in Afghanistan, we sent in a token amount of troops, while letting OBL roam free (who WAS responsible for 9/11).

i am up you fucking moron
we did NOT divert a thing from A-stan to Iraq
you lying assholes keep cliaming it, but the facts never back it up
you morons believe the lies you get from leftwing moonbats

Very familiar.
yeah, because there is no difference in the 2 situations

keep proving that you are a fucking moron

Very familiar.

So, if there is no difference, then you're saying they are the same... so, you agree with me?

Very familiar.

So, if there is no difference, then you're saying they are the same... so, you agree with me?
are you REALLY this sarcasm challenged?

obama already admitted the enhanced techniques yielded intelligence, further he never disputed cheney's claim that the techniques saved lives....and it is telling that obama released the memos but won't release the memos detailing the successes....

We have the word of VP Cheney against the words of a few people who were actually there.

yes, how do you think obama knew that the techniques did gain intelligence? if they did not exist, why would obama not claim cheney is a liar and state there are no memos....instead, obama said he would not release them...obama has never once said cheney was wrong for saying the techniques saved lives.

obama would be the first to jump on that, but he hasn't, all he said was the techniques worked and were successful....

:lol: :cuckoo:

are you REALLY this sarcasm challenged?

OK sarcasm master, what's the difference?
how many ways can the word "is" be defined?
now, how many ways can "torture" be defined?
some people can claim that the chair they sit in is torture, or the bed they sleep on, or just having to wait for information
now try again

:lol: :cuckoo:

care to explain what is funny or cuckoo or is it basically yurt kicked my ass and this is the only way i can make it look like i won the point :lol:

Speaking of morons you 'tard......how's the helmet working?

Don't lick the bugs off the windows.

Speaking of morons you 'tard......how's the helmet working?

Don't lick the bugs off the windows.
you would know all about that
please seek out professional help, you REALLY need it

All you people need to do is to prove the FACTS which impart THE WHOLE TRUTH.

Now you idiots claim
See how that works?

Now produce the evidence...

Otherwise you're just a big fat liar... of the 'pants on fire' variety...
doosh bagh!!!!!

argue with somebody who was actually there.

Ali Soufan, a former FBI counter-terrorism agent and interrogator, testified that President George W. Bush and Justice Department lawyers were wrong when they said that waterboarding and other tactics used on one suspect provided key pieces of intelligence about Al Qaeda after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

Testifying from behind a screen to protect his identity, Soufan said the techniques, touted by the Bush administration as perhaps its most effective weapon against terrorism, were actually slow, ineffective and unreliable.

He said that he and a CIA agent gleaned much, if not all, of the crucial information from suspected Al Qaeda chieftain Abu Zubaydah before the coercive techniques were initiated, including information on the key role of Khalid Shaikh Mohammed in the Sept. 11 attacks and the plot by alleged dirty bomber Jose Padilla.

Soufan, now a private security consultant, also said that outside contractors working for the CIA were the ones who used the coercive tactics, and that he and the CIA official working with him protested. The use of harsher methods by the contractors backfired, Soufan said, prompting Zubaydah to stop talking.

"I totally disagree with the assertion that there was a conflict between FBI and CIA. They were 100% supportive," Soufan said of the on-site CIA officials. "The chief psychologist objected to these techniques and left the location even before I did."

Obama's own...
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/04/21/obama.memos/
High-value information came from interrogations in which those methods were used and provided a deeper understanding of the al Qaeda organization that was attacking this country," Director of National Intelligence Dennis Blair said in a memo to personnel.

Hey Chum Diver.........

Exactly WHAT do you know about the military again? Oh yeah......Tom Clancy novels and your Rambo boxed DVD set.

Forum List

Back