The Dreamy World Of Gun Control Politics

jackflash

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2020
USA
While Washington DC is seeing a drop in overall crime by 18%( mostly due to a reduction in both sex abuse/theft) which is GOOD, DC is still straddled with increasing crime from assault with a deadly weapon(5% increase) & a whopping 47% increase in motor vehicle theft. To add to this mayhem there has been a 20% increase in the homicide rate. DC police chief Peter Newsham blames the increase in homicide on an increase in illegal firearms & had previously blamed the homicide problem on release of violent gun offenders back into the community. What can be done in the opinion of my fellow board members to eliminate this endless cycle of crime especially the violent crimes. I mean we just lost a one year old toddler to a round fired into a vehicle that took out that little tyke which is completely unacceptable @ least in a civilized society.

We prosecute all instances of criminal firearm possession as federal crimes with a mandatory 5 year sentence in federal prison .

We could get serious and try and address wealth inequality. New gun laws will do nothing here.

We could get serious and try and address wealth inequality. New gun laws will do nothing here.

There is no such thing as wealth equality so whining that some people have more than others will do nothing but increase the whining

How do you propose we address this problem? We don’t live a in a truly free society if we reward mediocrity and punish exceptionalism.

There is no such thing as wealth equality so whining that some people have more than others will do nothing but increase the whining

I never claimed there was. There is most certainly inequality. Such as the people getting $1200 in stimulus while TOm Brady got nearly a million dollars.

How do you propose we address this problem? We don’t live a in a truly free society if we reward mediocrity and punish exceptionalism.

Odd, we rewarded those who crashed the economy with billions. They destroyed their businesses and we had to bail them out.

Mediocrity? You mean like how GM was ran and cost the country billions?

Wealth inequality does not cause crime

The stark relationship between income inequality and crime
Association is not cause and effect

There is no evidence of any kind that wealth inequality causes any harm.

And yet, I provided a link (not from a left wing site) that shows studies that says it does. They hold far more sway than you.

And yet, I provided a link (not from a left wing site) that shows studies that says it does. They hold far more sway than you.
No it only shows association

Learn the difference

Learn the difference

Do you think Trump would have ripped those people off in his "school" if he believed there was any chance of him going to prison?

Learn the difference

Do you think Trump would have ripped those people off in his "school" if he believed there was any chance of him going to prison?
Trump has nothing to do with this.

Learn the difference

Trump has nothing to do with this.

Of course he does (showing how those with money will act differently than those without). But go ahead, run away from the question.

What is your solution? Give poor people, ex cons a million dollars and free house?

Forum List

Back