The dopes that install solar panels

Currently building a house for a client 80 miles west of Mpls. I was amazed that there are zero inspections or permits required in the small township.

Commute certainly sucks, but that's another topic.
Just my luck....I live in the kingdom of permitville! Back in the 70's there was a huge house flipping business here. Literally hundreds maybe even a few thousand houses were grabbed and shoddily revamped. This was followed by several decades of house fires, roof collapses, water pollution sewer back ups and law suits. The city took it very seriously after that. Now any structure over 40 ft² needs a permit and an inspection. Can't blame them for it....but it's a pain in the ass sometimes.

so as solar cells age, it leaks into the ground WW

dig enough, and you'll find EPA standards on this

~S~

No, they don't. Mine were 30 years old, no leakage at all. If you buy cheap Chinese crap, yeah, that might be an issue.

But avoid those and you are good. That's one reason why I like the LiFe phosphate battery systems. You can use them for armor if you want to!

BTW, I founded a company that worked with governments and companies all over the world that specialized in cleaning up environmental disasters.

While working at Dames & Moore after obtaining my degree, we formulated the procedures that are now used worldwide, so am well aware of the EPA rules and regs.

I helped write some of them!

As an aside we discovered that TESLA gets the bulk of their Li from Russia. The normal distribution of Li in the wild is 70% Li7, and 30% Li6. The batteries in TESLAS are almost all Li6. Only Russia separated the two isotopes so that's how we know where it came from.

Last edited:
No, they don't. Mine were 30 years old, no leakage at all. If you buy cheap Chinese crap, yeah, that will be an issue.

But avoid those and you are good. That's one reason why I like the LiFe phosphate battery systems. You can use them for armor if you want to!

BTW, I founded a company that worked with governments and companies all over the world that specialized in cleaning up environmental disasters.

While working at Dames & Moore after obtaining my degree, we formulated the procedures that are now used worldwide, so am well aware of the EPA rules and regs.

I helped write some of them!

As an aside we discovered that TESLA gets the bulk of their Li from Russia. The normal distribution of Li in the wild is 70% Li7, and 30% Li6. The batteries in TESLAS are almost all Li6. Only Russia separated the two isotopes so that's how we know where it came from.
Why separate them?

Anyone who puts solar panels on the roof of a historic home should be jailed. These are morons who think they are making some intellectually superior statement.
It’s like putting an electric motor in a vintage Harley Davidson motorcycle.

Anyone who puts solar panels on the roof of a historic home should be jailed. These are morons who think they are making some intellectually superior statement.
It’s like putting an electric motor in a vintage Harley Davidson motorcycle.
what do you mean by "historic home"??

I have an old 1912 farm house, does that apply??

Tell me more....sounds good
There's a difference between the 18v and 12 v flex panels, the 18v are highly efficient as they make up for slight losses and you usually charge at 14.2-14.5 safely, it just seems to charge faster these flex panels, especially better during cloudy weather and early hours as the sun is coming up. Easy to carry up a ladder self install.
They are half the price they used to be which was higher than the framed panels, seen some on amazon under 80. Now. 100ah Lithium batteries are being sold as low as 170. Down from 220.

There's a difference between the 18v and 12 v flex panels, the 18v are highly efficient as they make up for slight losses and you usually charge at 14.2-14.5 safely, it just seems to charge faster these flex panels, especially better during cloudy weather and early hours as the sun is coming up. Easy to carry up a ladder self install.
They are half the price they used to be which was higher than the framed panels, seen some on amazon under 80. Now. 100ah Lithium batteries are being sold as low as 170. Down from 220.
Thank you

Forum List

Back