The disgraceful Jill Scott and 'ESSENCE FEST' treatment of our 'National Anthem'

My home land is Texas.......outside of that it is the United States.....outside of that it is North America...and it has been that way for me and mine for hundreds of years....

But aside from deflecting......why do you keep avoiding the history of MY HOMELAND of the United States??

History is just that. It's over, there are no slaves, nor have there been for over 150 years here. Your ancestorial homeland is another matter. Slavery exists there TODAY! Shouldn't you be outraged about that?

You mean it only took 100yrs, what are we bitching about?

The bodies of the enslaved served as America’s largest financial asset, and they were forced to maintain America’s most exported commodity. In 60 years, from 1801 to 1862, the amount of cotton picked daily by an enslaved person increased 400 percent. The profits from cotton propelled the US into a position as one of the leading economies in the world, and made the South its most prosperous region. The ownership of enslaved people increased wealth for Southern planters so much that by the dawn of the Civil War, the Mississippi River Valley had more millionaires per capita than any other region.
Picking statistics is easier than picking cotton.

That's the same attitude as the insurrectionists who beat cops with a pole that had the American flag attached. Is that what you call patriotism?
Insurrectionist? You mean the Negro insurrection of 2020 when there was destruction in 200 American cities, over three dozen deaths, massive looting and government buildings were burned?

Of course she is to you, and everyone else that hates America.
I love Jill Scott and American culture. You are insane.

Elvis, Ali , Chuck Berry, Motown, Dolly. De Niro, Capra, Talking Heads, Marvin. MLK, JFK, Gary US Bonds,, Pulic Enemy.

These people made the world a better place.

Trump, Desantis and the rest. Not so much. American fascism has a dark history.

Insurrectionist? You mean the Negro insurrection of 2020 when there was destruction in 200 American cities, over three dozen deaths, massive looting and government buildings were burned?
Your deflection doesn't make the insurrection go away.

I love Jill Scott and American culture. You are insane.

Elvis, Ali , Chuck Berry, Motown, Dolly. De Niro, Capra, Talking Heads, Marvin. MLK, JFK, Gary US Bonds,, Pulic Enemy.

These people made the world a better place.

Trump, Desantis and the rest. Not so much. American fascism has a dark history.

I'm "insane" because I'm disgusted with the direction this country has been heading in? No pal, YOU are the one who is insane! And by the way, you really should stick to worrying about your own country, because it too is heading for disaster.

Absolutely despicable, but not surprising today.
Apparently, this multi-millionaire was recently a slave, since her word rearranging is all about slavery! And notice that 'ESSENCE' from this point forward will be featuring this "version" of the Anthem.

Jill Scott Changes the Lyrics to the National Anthem, Sparking Controversy​

Sounds like someone torturing animals.

Just more lefty stupidity. I did like her in Lupe Fiasco's remake of Daydreamin'. Nice voice.

I'm "insane" because I'm disgusted with the direction this country has been heading in? No pal, YOU are the one who is insane! And by the way, you really should stick to worrying about your own country, because it too is heading for disaster.
Why do you hate America ?

Forum List

Back