CDZ The Difference between Love & Sex—

watchingfromafar

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2017
The Difference between Love & Sex—

The Difference between Love & Sex—only a question ADULT’ S; could possibly decipher~~~~~~~

No one under the age of 18 years of old, May continue.,,,.\\\

Those who follow are stating that they\you are over the age of 18 years old.

At 70, I have my views; got any of yours willing to share-?

Just asking

:)-

Sex exists. Love doesn’t. That’s difference #1.

Sex is a means to an end... procreation. Anything more than thst is infantile emotional crap and a waste of time.

LOVE is an abscess that forms in your mind and bursts in your loins.

SEX is one of 67 genders and needs to be performed very carefully.

The Difference between Love & Sex—only a question ADULT’ S; could possibly decipher~~~~~~~

Just asking

You can be in love without sex
You can have sex without being in love.

Having sex with the person you are in love with- pretty fantastic.

I am going to try and be honest here because I need an answer if I can get it.

I must confess that in my teens I was not aware of the meaning of “sex”. I grew up believing intercourse was for the procreation of a child.

At the same time, I had a girlfriend. We held hands, kissed each other from time to time and continued a great relationship but I never considered this “sex”.

I eventually married and now I am a grandfather several time over.

My desire to have children has long since passed but I still enjoy the company of a woman. Having said the above, I now wonder if my joy of having the company of a women; a feeling of “sex” or not.

In short is it sinful to enjoy the company of a woman knowing marriage is not an option.

Just asking

No animosity intended or implied

Just curious

I must confess that in my teens I was not aware of the meaning of “sex”. I grew up believing intercourse was for the procreation of a child.

At the same time, I had a girlfriend. We held hands, kissed each other from time to time and continued a great relationship but I never considered this “sex”.

My desire to have children has long since passed but I still enjoy the company of a woman. Having said the above, I now wonder if my joy of having the company of a women; a feeling of “sex” or not.

In short is it sinful to enjoy the company of a woman knowing marriage is not an option.

Just asking

Just curious

That is a question you will have to ask your within your own heart and determine.

I can tell you my dad passed away 8 years ago and I do not consider it sinful for mom to be in a relationship with a man whose wife also passed years ago. Whatever they share is between themselves and should remain that away. I'm sure they do not plan to get married in the earthly sense but they do enjoy keeping each other company. In another situation I have an elderly aunt whose husband married her to insure she would be taken care of if he passed and that there would be no issues with him leaving her the home they shared.

Last edited:

Just asking

Just curious

I just turned 72 and have publicly and privately declared I will NEVER again marry- I do enjoy being around women but the price for permanent aroundness is more than I'm willing to pay- I've been not married (though I've had several affairs) since I was 41- I've learned to enjoy my own company and that of my kids who are, ultimately, more important than my "sex" life-

We live in such a schizophrenic culture that this is a question worth pondering, given that it causes so much heartache.

On one hand, our culture sells love, in fairy tales, books, movies, etc, and makes it seem to the impressionable that love and sex are the same thing. Many a teenager has gotten burned by mistaking sex for love, when all that really occurred was a case of two sets of raging hormones getting together. Love occurs when you think the same about a person both in bed and out of it.

On the other hand, our culture sells sex, with pictures of sexy people, usually women, all over the place (like USMB), the desirability of "hooking up," "scoring," "booty calls," and "locker room talk." None of us is immune, given that we are programmed by Mother Nature to respond on the most basic level to the sight of someone whom we find attractive. (Figuring out why one finds someone attractive that s/he only has seen on TV or in a photo is also a fascinating exercise.) You can't love someone whom you haven't even met, but something sure is going on.

I wish that everyone would know the difference between sex and love, for their own protection.

The best of all possible worlds occurs when sex is performed with love. You can't beat that.

I am grateful for the responses that I have received.

Having said that I’ll end with this—

In the USA; when dealing with television programming fictional stories centralizing around the theme of “sex” generates revenue’s and without the $$$ we wouldn’t have programs to watch. But sadly, the children who watch these programs get a distorted view confusing sex with love. In the process the value of marriage is diminished.

I am not asking for the banning of such programs; I am just venting my frustration in a public forum.

Not mutually exclusive, nor another false "male female" dichotomy as often overstated.

Just asking

What's to figure out here, the two go hand in hand as in I've always loved sex.

Just asking

Just curious

Companionship is not sex. I really enjoy the friendship of women- the company of women- and some of those I am attracted to- but
nothing will come of it because I am happily married- and committed to my wife.

Just asking

Just curious

The answer to your question depends upon many factors. If you are a religious man, you already know the difference between lust and the limits of what you would go to for another human being.

I got remarried a few years ago. Then my wife said she didn't trust me. I have not had sex with her in about four years. I love her, but don't expect anyone to have sex with me unless they trust me.

Physically, I've been faithful, but sometimes it's a bitch fighting off temptation.

.) You can't love someone whom you haven't even met, but something sure is going on.
I disagree- I fall in love every morning when I see her on TV- course she doesn't know it nor does her husband-

rashi-vats.png

Forum List

Back