The Democrats want to stop the SS cap.

The government does not need pick investment firms for anyone.

Let people decide who they want to use and then let market forces dictate the rest.

Most people wouldn't even need to use investment firms as anyone can buy stocks, bonds mutual funs and ETFs without one
They don’t need to but they would

There is no guarantee of your future income stream from SS and there never was.

It's too late for me as well.

I retired at 51 and I can't get my SS until I'm 62 but I don't need it because my portfolio will support my needs and never run out

If I had control over that money I would have retired in my 40's
Oh well. Doesn’t sound like you’re hurting any

They don’t need to but they would
You don't know that.

And even if they did they have the option of finding a firm with a fee structure they can live with not one dictated by a firm picked by the fucking government

You don't know that.

And even if they did they have the option of finding a firm with a fee structure they can live with not one dictated by a firm picked by the fucking government
We have an example. Chile

And it was a disaster. Even you admit that

We have an example. Chile

And it was a disaster. Even you admit that
WRONG again.

Chile forced people to invest with only a few firms.. They had NO CHOICE and then they let those firms charge exorbitant fees well above and beyond anything typical

That would be the fairest way to do it.
My problem with it is I know the govt has no business confiscating the fruit of our labors to supposedly pay us back later when we retire. That is none of their business, it's not their job & we'd all be better off if they had stayed in their lane decades ago.
If some people are too stupid to save up, that's on them

Every govt program is a slush fund for the pols. The only difference is how much they think they can steal
I get the argument which you just restated very well. And I agree. But since they already done did do it to me and many like me, I certainly wanna get back what I contributed, plus interest, etc.

That said, the whole nanny state mentality does puss me off.

I get the argument which you just restated very well. And I agree. But since they already done did do it to me and many like me, I certainly wanna get back what I contributed, plus interest, etc.

That said, the whole nanny state mentality does puss me off.
I'd make them repay every documented dime anybody sent in. If you contributed $100K over your career & haven't received a payout yet, they would be forced to pay it back.
I'm fine with them eliminating & cutting ANYTHING to do this & then shut it all down

Are you kidding me?

The filthy rich have an army of tax lawyers
We need as many IRS agents as we can get

They are the Good Guys
It must suck to be poor and dream of taking more money off of successful people.

Forum List

Back