The Democrats want to stop the SS cap.

They should at least double it and preferably align it with the $400,000 upper tax bracket

They have already increased the limit by more than 40 fold, and raised the tax percentage by more than 6 fold.

How much should the Working Man really be punished to satisfy the greed of Liberal government?

I don't think that you all will be satisfied with those limits and will try to boost the rates and income base for social security even higher when you get a chance.

They have already increased the limit by more than 40 fold, and raised the tax percentage by more than 6 fold.

How much should the Working Man really be punished to satisfy the greed of Liberal government?

I don't think that you all will be satisfied with those limits and will try to boost the rates and income base for social security even higher when you get a chance.
The working man is not being punished
Social Security payments go to their retirement

Why should the working man have to pay on 100 percent of their income while the super wealthy only pay a small percentage ?

You mooching parasites already jack up the cap every damn year. 2022 will cost me 16% on my first $147,000 holy crap! Now you assholes want to remove the cap, forcing me to pay 10's of thousands more into SS without giving me 1 cent more in benefits? FUCK YOU and all your kin! :eusa_hand:

The working man is not being punished
Social Security payments go to their retirement

Why should the working man have to pay on 100 percent of their income while the super wealthy only pay a small percentage ?

Wealthy people don't need as much help with their retirement age income as less wealthy do.

I paid in full for my SS benefit, why should I pay more? Should I pay triple for car insurance just because my income is higher? Should I pay triple for gas? Life insurance? Potatoes? Back off mooching parasites! :eusa_hand:

That's true enough, but you pay a higher marginal rate in federal income tax.

How much do you libs really want to punish Success?

Remember, whatever you tax at a higher rate, you'll get less of. Raising the tax on cigarettes reduced smoking, raising the tax on Success will mean less success and more failure.
Exactly. Where is the incentive at higher taxes? At that point, the incentive shifts to tax shelters.

I paid in full for my SS benefit, why should I pay more? Should I pay triple for car insurance just because my income is higher? Should I pay triple for gas? Life insurance? Potatoes? Back off mooching parasites! :eusa_hand:
Why should you pay on only part of your income while someone making much less than you has to pay on all of it?

Looks like the USA may never experience another healthy middle class what with all these working class republicans shilling for trump and the billionaires. One link below on trump gutting the irs

You think it would be any different here? The same people are pushing this as that
Yes it would.

No one is pushing for the government to tell people who they have to invest with.

Tell me how do you think those Chilean investment firms got those government contracts?

They paid off politicians that's how.

Why did the Chilean government allow those investment firms to charge so much?

Yes it would.

No one is pushing for the government to tell people who they have to invest with.

Tell me how do you think those Chilean investment firms got those government contracts?

Why did the Chilean government allow those investment firms to charge so much?

You think there wouldn’t be payoffs by investment firms here?

Jesus dude

You think there wouldn’t be payoffs by investment firms here?

Jesus dude
The government does not need pick investment firms for anyone.

Let people decide who they want to use and then let market forces dictate the rest.

Most people wouldn't even need to use investment firms as anyone can buy stocks, bonds mutual funs and ETFs without one

How about we get rid of the failed Big Brother retirement program that the govt should have never been involved in?
SS is a Ponzi scheme & slush fund for the pols.

The govt has very specific duties they are empowered to fulfill. Retirement & benevolence is not something we should have ever allowed the Feds to get involved in
But speaking on behalf of us old farts (someone has to): I spent my working years dutifully dumping in my “contributions.” Ok. It’s not like I was given any choice in that.

But I digress. I eventually saw it as acceptable because at least later on (like today, for example), I would be able to get some of it back to supplement my retirement savings and 401k and any residual savings I had accumulated after taxes in my lifetime.

So, any changes to the system should damn sure not be taken out of my present or future income stream.

But speaking on behalf of us old farts (someone has to): I spent my working years dutifully dumping in my “contributions.” Ok. It’s not like I was given any choice in that.

But I digress. I eventually saw it as acceptable because at least later on (like today, for example), I would be able to get some of it back to supplement my retirement savings and 401k and any residual savings I had accumulated after taxes in my lifetime.

So, any changes to the system should damn sure not be taken out of my present or future income stream.
There is no guarantee of your future income stream from SS and there never was.

It's too late for me as well.

I retired at 51 and I can't get my SS until I'm 62 but I don't need it because my portfolio will support my needs and never run out

If I had control over that money I would have retired in my 40's

That would be the fairest way to do it.
My problem with it is I know the govt has no business confiscating the fruit of our labors to supposedly pay us back later when we retire. That is none of their business, it's not their job & we'd all be better off if they had stayed in their lane decades ago.
If some people are too stupid to save up, that's on them

Every govt program is a slush fund for the pols. The only difference is how much they think they can steal

Forum List

Back