The CRUSADES explained

World History Timeline 8th Century 701 to 800

711 A Muslim army crosses the Strait of Gibraltar and begins a conquest of Spain. Jews welcome them as liberators. An Arab ship is plundered by pirates near the mouth of the Indus River, and the Arab governor in Mesopotamia retaliates, sending an expedition, said to include 6,000 horses and 6,000 camels, to conquer the rajas of Sind.

717 Arabs have conquered eastward across land to the western border of China. They have conquered Lisbon and in the Caucasus, including Armenia. Caliph Omar II grants tax exemption to all believers. Wealth has been gathered from looting the wealthy during conquests and by taxing non-Muslims.

718 Constantinople, ably led by a general called Leo the Isaurian, has held off Muslim attacks by land and sea for more than a year. Leo is now Emperor Leo III. South-Central Europe is to remain Christian.

726 Emperor Leo III issues an edict against the worship of icons, seeing it as the main reason Jews and Muslims cannot be won to Christ. The cross is to be maintained as the symbol for Christianity, but worship with other images, including those of Jesus, are not permitted.

732 Muslims were making piratical raids from Spain northward across the Pyrenees into territory of the Franks. Charles Martel leads an army that defeats a Muslim army led by Abd-er-Rahman – who was not on a mission to conquer all of Christendom.

750 The Umayyad caliphs have lost people willing to fight for them. They have been overthrown by an army of mixed nationalities from Khurasan (east of Persia). The last Umayyad, Marwan II, is beheaded and his relatives are murdered. The new caliph is Abu-Abbas al-Sarah. Rule by the Abbasid caliphs has begun. The Abbasids begin ruling with a show of Islamic piety, and they talk of reforms. They give prominence in state affairs to Islamic theologians and experts in Islamic law.

1095 The Seljuk Turks have been expanding against the empire centered at Constantinople. They have conquered Jerusalem. The Turks were also Muslims, however they did not allow Christians to visit their holy sites. Pope Urban II responds to a call for help from the emperor at Constantinople and organizes what was to become known as the First Crusade. Urban II announces that Christ will lead any army that goes to rescue the Holy Land.

1097 Well-trained knights defeat Muslims near Nicaea, and later in the year the Crusaders reach Antioch.

1099 Jerusalem falls to the Crusaders, who slaughter the city's Jewish and Muslim inhabitants.

Dear @JoeB151
and the CURE and CORRECTION to abuses in the name of
Christ is to rebuke by fellow Christians who police their own

and to abuses in the name of the Constitution
is to enforce the Constitution to address those abusers by their own laws

so where is this rebuke with abuses of Islam by Jihadists?

I would say the fact that Saudi Arabia, Jordan and other countries are doing the fighting in this war is a "Rebuke".

Here's the problem. There really isn't a head Muslim to say, "Don't do that."

The real problem is, you guys want to blame all Muslims for the actions of a few, while you excuse any bad behavior of a Christian with, "Well, he obviously missed Christ's message."

Dear JoeB131 I think you hit the key point here,
the real issue is RETRIBUTION, and whether people forgive other groups or seek to attack in revenge.

Hitler acted out of fear and unforgiveness and committed genocide in the spirit of Retributive Justice or Anti Christ.
Jihadists do this now.

As usual, I'm not going to read through your verbal diarhea waiting for you to get to a point.

The Jihadists are at war with the west because the west has spent the last few decades sticking our dicks into their part of hte world. Nothing more. Nothing less.

And if you stick your dick in a hornet's nest, you shouldn't whine about getting stung.

ISIL exists because we toppled Saddam and the government we replaced him with was inept, incompetent and favored the Shi'ites over the Sunnis.

Nothing more. Nothing less.
JoeB131
My point is that Restorative Justice is the solution to stop retributive justice that is antichrist.
And this is what Christianity teaches -- to overcome retribution and war to bring peace.
This is three sentences, is this verbal diarrhea?

Dear @JoeB151
and the CURE and CORRECTION to abuses in the name of
Christ is to rebuke by fellow Christians who police their own

and to abuses in the name of the Constitution
is to enforce the Constitution to address those abusers by their own laws

so where is this rebuke with abuses of Islam by Jihadists?

I would say the fact that Saudi Arabia, Jordan and other countries are doing the fighting in this war is a "Rebuke".

The real problem is, you guys want to blame all Muslims for the actions of a few, while you excuse any bad behavior of a Christian with, "Well, he obviously missed Christ's message."
By having to explain for shit that happened in the 11th CENTURY...........................

I don't have to explain shit when we are talking current events.

750 The Umayyad caliphs have lost people willing to fight for them. They have been overthrown by an army of mixed nationalities from Khurasan (east of Persia). The last Umayyad, Marwan II, is beheaded and his relatives are murdered. The new caliph is Abu-Abbas al-Sarah. Rule by the Abbasid caliphs has begun. The Abbasids begin ruling with a show of Islamic piety, and they talk of reforms. They give prominence in state affairs to Islamic theologians and experts in Islamic law.

1095 The Seljuk Turks have been expanding against the empire centered at Constantinople. They have conquered Jerusalem. The Turks were also Muslims, however they did not allow Christians to visit their holy sites. Pope Urban II responds to a call for help from the emperor at Constantinople and organizes what was to become known as the First Crusade. Urban II announces that Christ will lead any army that goes to rescue the Holy Land.

So what you had there was a 340 year gap between when the Caliphate reached its height and when Urban II tried to restore his street cred as Pope by calling for a "Crusade".

Of course, Urban was in a fight with Emperor Henry IV of Germany who had his OWN Pope, Clement III.

Clement was actually IN Rome and recognized as Pope by most of the Christian world. the Church only recognized him as an "anti-Pope" later.

My point is that Restorative Justice is the solution to stop retributive justice that is antichrist.
And this is what Christianity teaches -- to overcome retribution and war to bring peace.

Good, you are learning to make a point simply.

Except Christianity teaches no such thing. But other than that, nicely put.

Hi JoeB131 who are you calling "you guys"
I'm the one person on here enforcing the teaching in Islam that it recognizes Jewish Christian and Muslim
laws, so that Christianity is included in the true practice of Islam.

This is like saying the true practice of Christianity is not the antichrist crusades or hitlers and klan.
And the true practice of Islam is not Jihadists or terrorists.

Both the Christians and Muslims projecting blame on each other
instead of forgiving and correcting with Restorative Justice
are missing the message of Christ.

I'm not just picking on one side.
I'm saying all the groups need to come together in Christ
as their teachings call for, since Islam includes Christianity in its teachings.

By having to explain for shit that happened in the 11th CENTURY...........................

Uh, guy, the title of this thread is "The Crusades Explained". That's why we are explaining stuff that happened in the 11th century.

Because someone posted a video from a hate group and thinks it's history.

lots of people talk about the Crusades but they talk about the Crusades like they know what they are talking about . Liars can then exploit ignorance and claim that the Crusaders were as bad as the islamic jihadists 'jihads' that are murdering today . Anyway , this video explains the Crusades and the reason for the Crusades . --- Take Five Minutes And Watch The Spread Of Islam Via Jihad Before The Crusades 8902 Dc Gazette# --- check it out , see what you think .

Good Thread pismoe...the liberals/Obama ass kissers are now filling their pants full.

I watched this entire video. This guy presents an animation of dots on a background of Europe and the Middle East with a brief narrative. He mentions some 548 battles but provides no factual information for any of them. He just says "...watch the white dots turn to red".

Is that all it takes to convince you total idiots? Bahahahahaha.....

So you deny the evidence, through absolutely no evidence.

The reason that his argument is compelling is that most of us were educated before 1980. Meaning that we were taught of the Islamic sacking of Spain, the Islamic raids on France and throughout the Mediterranean... we were educated on the Dark Ages... and the need for the overland trading routes to sustain Europe to replace the historic sea-routes which had sustained Europe throughout the Classical Age. We were taught about the "Musslemen", OKA: The Barbary Pirates, who raided US trading vessels... and the war fought after the fledgling US and President Jefferson finally refused to pay the ransom for captured US Citizens and cargo. ... .

But ... in fairness, there was NO WAY FOR YOU TO HAVE KNOWN THAT!

So what you had there was a 340 year gap between when the Caliphate reached its height and when Urban II tried to restore his street cred as Pope by calling for a "Crusade".

Of course, Urban was in a fight with Emperor Henry IV of Germany who had his OWN Pope, Clement III.

Clement was actually IN Rome and recognized as Pope by most of the Christian world. the Church only recognized him as an "anti-Pope" later.
In the post they were raiding Constantinoble and had taken the holy city of Jerusalem...............They were also killing Christians in the name of Allah................so they decided to go kick their asses...........and convert them.............as the Muslims had tried to do to them.

the real issue is RETRIBUTION, and whether people forgive other groups or seek to attack in revenge.

Hitler acted out of fear and unforgiveness and committed genocide in the spirit of Retributive Justice or Anti Christ.
Jihadists do this now.

As usual, I'm not going to read through your verbal diarhea waiting for you to get to a point.

The Jihadists are at war with the west because the west has spent the last few decades sticking our dicks into their part of hte world. Nothing more. Nothing less.

And if you stick your dick in a hornet's nest, you shouldn't whine about getting stung.

ISIL exists because we toppled Saddam and the government we replaced him with was inept, incompetent and favored the Shi'ites over the Sunnis.

During WW2 if we hadn't stuck our body parts into Hitler's part of the world, it would have become all of Hitler's world minus a whole nation of people he didn't care for. Sometimes the world is our problem.

For instance, Wait till Obama let's Iran build the bomb. We can sit back at watch them do what we stopped Hitler from doing. Or we can stop them before they get around to sending their missiles our way. Unless your dick is to fragile and politically correct to be of any use.

Uh, guy, the title of this thread is "The Crusades Explained". That's why we are explaining stuff that happened in the 11th century.

the multiple threads causes confusion sometimes.....................

So sue me.

This is like saying the true practice of Christianity is not the antichrist crusades or hitlers and klan.

as their teachings call for, since Islam includes Christianity in its teachings.

Or here's an even better idea.

It's the fucking 21st Century. THere is no God. Never was. Maybe we can use SCIENCE AND REASON instead of trying to find positive messages in the writing of Bronze Age savages.

Good, you are learning to make a point simply.

Except Christianity teaches no such thing. But other than that, nicely put.

Wow JoeB131 you sound like the people
who swear that Islam does not teach peaceful coexistence but teaches Jihadism.

Of course the message of Christ Jesus is Restorative Justice.
that is the whole point of the Bible to move from retributive justice
that brings war and death, to restorative justice that brings peace and new life.

What do you think people give their lives to this cause?
it is to bring peace and justice to the world.

do you really believe the mother teresa's of the world,
and the doctors working aroudn the clock in Africa,
and the people struggling to save slaves from trafficking
are doing all this in the name of war and hypocrisy?

No, these believers work for equal justice for all, that is the spirit of Jesus.
what do you think Christians have been fighting for all these centuries?

you sound liek the very people you oppose who see all Muslims as Jihadist sympathizers

Shame on you if you make the same mistakes with Christians

During WW2 if we hadn't stuck our body parts into Hitler's part of the world, it would have become all of Hitler's world minus a whole nation of people he didn't care for. Sometimes the world is our problem.

yeah. ISIL Isn't hitler. Boko Harem isn't Hitler. Saddam Wasn't Hitler. and, no, none of these things are OUR problems. It's the Oil Companies Problem. It's the Zionists problem. It isn't OUR problem.

For instance, Wait till Obama let's Iran build the bomb. We can sit back at watch them do what we stopped Hitler from doing. Or we can stop them before they get around to sending their missiles our way. Unless your dick is to fragile and politically correct to be of any use.

Okay, here's the thing. SO Iran Gets the bomb? So what? Frankly, I'm more worried about Kim Jong Um having the bomb than the Ayatollahs. And I'm not particularly worried about Kim Jong Um because having a low-grade bomb you can't launch against enemies who can vaporize you isn't much of a threat.

Here's the thing. The Zionists and Oil companies want us in wars in that region, but what's in it for the rest of us?

ROFLMNAO! "Hate group"... LOL!

There is truly no hope for these idiots.

Or here's an even better idea.

It's the fucking 21st Century. THere is no God. Never was. Maybe we can use SCIENCE AND REASON instead of trying to find positive messages in the writing of Bronze Age savages.

Sorry JoeB131 but all the people and religions in the world recognize God
by one name or another.

even laws of NATURE that science studies refer to NATURE as the source of life and laws
God is a universal concept

the Buddhists seek perfect Wisdom which is one of the oldest
names of God, named more times in the Bible than God as father

atheists and secular humanists seek Truth which is another
name for the Kingdom of God, to seek the truth that sets humanity free

others see God as LIFE or LOVE
as Good will or Greater Good for all humanity

Confucius name JEN as supreme virtue or benevolence

if you don't believe in a personified God or creator
there are as many who believe in
the forces of life as nature, creation or universe

that's the same as what God stands for
all people have a concept of this but call it differently

Jihadists do this now.

JoeB131

Em, honey, Not only is God not going to restore Israel to Syria, or Egypt, or Palestine, He is going to defend her borders himself and a whole lot of Muslims are going to die.
While we try to force Israel to give up Jerusalem, God is going to see to it that David's Throne is going to be set upon by His Son, Jesus in Jerusalem, in the midst of His children. He is going to restore Israel back to the boundaries that He set for Abraham.

Man would have an easier time restoring Texas to Mexico than to invade God's people after God gathered them home.

Forum List

Back