The coronavirus did not escape from a lab: Here's how we know

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Here is an article that debunks my own conspiracy theory which I just posted. I have openly said it is a conspiracy theory, as I obviously don't know the facts. My suspicions and concerns/ are based on timing, the outcome, the focused travel of it globally, the source nation involved, and most importantly, motivation.

However, I have a couple of issues with this article, first, it suggests that somehow it was designed so well that it couldn't possible have been man-made (as if China doesn't have good biological engineers). Imagine someone seeing a nuclear bomb go off in 1910 and thinking, "we don't have that technology, it must have come from nature".

Second, if one was going to introduce this to the world it would most likely be through a source such as a bat or some other animal specifically to avoid any suspicions. You could isolate a number of bats, pass it among each one and then find a way to get it into the human community via their markets.

Maybe we will never know, but I hope global intelligence agencies are working on this.

As the novel coronavirus causing COVID-19 spreads across the globe, with cases surpassing 284,000 worldwide today (March 20), misinformation is spreading almost as fast.

One persistent myth is that this virus, called SARS-CoV-2, was made by scientists and escaped from a lab in Wuhan, China, where the outbreak began.

A new analysis of SARS-CoV-2 may finally put that latter idea to bed. A group of researchers compared the genome of this novel coronavirus with the seven other coronaviruses known to infect humans: SARS, MERS and SARS-CoV-2, which can cause severe disease; along with HKU1, NL63, OC43 and 229E, which typically cause just mild symptoms, the researchers wrote March 17 in the journal Nature Medicine.

"Our analyses clearly show that SARS-CoV-2 is not a laboratory construct or a purposefully manipulated virus," they write in the journal article.

Well we told you that in the beginning. You like conspiracy theories though.

I don't like conspiracies. I'm one of the least likely to engage in them. I do, however, believe strongly in the motto of "how many coincidences make a fact" and, motivations often lead to answers.

Still far too many unanswered questions. Primarily, why did China NOT share information quickly with the world? Why the secrecy?

Media, for the most par, doesn't seem interested. Citizens of the world are interested though. This has impacted the globe like that which we have rarely seen. It isn't just isolated to one countr.

I don't like conspiracies. I'm one of the least likely to engage in them. I do, however, believe strongly in the motto of "how many coincidences make a fact" and, motivations often lead to answers.

Still far too many unanswered questions. Primarily, why did China NOT share information quickly with the world? Why the secrecy?

Media, for the most par, doesn't seem interested. Citizens of the world are interested though. This has impacted the globe like that which we have rarely seen. It isn't just isolated to one countr.
I think most people understand that China is very secretive. I wasnt in the least surprised they kept it quiet.

I think most people understand that China is very secretive. I wasnt in the least surprised they kept it quiet.

At least we agree on that. The next step is, you should agree that the world should condemn their actions and cut off trade, increase tariffs, confront and try and minimize the influence of the communist government of China.

If you agree, the only way this can be done swiftly is for governments to acknowledge what they are dealing with.

Maybe they kept it secret because they are a communist country with a dictator who changed their constitution to declare himself dictator for life -- why would you expect transparency from them

At least we agree on that. The next step is, you should agree that the world should condemn their actions and cut off trade, increase tariffs, confront and try and minimize the influence of the communist government of China.

If you agree, the only way this can be done swiftly is for governments to acknowledge what they are dealing with.
The US should be first and set the example for the rest of the world....Trump should cut off all trade with China and penalize American companies for offshoring their manufacturing there

Gimme a break. You know good and well thats not going to happen.

Then you can expect much worse for the West from our new communist global overlords.

Then you can expect much worse for the West from our new communist global overlords.
Drumpf doesnt have the balls to do that to China. I mean look how he sucks up to little North Korea.

Drumpf doesnt have the balls to do that to China. I mean look how he sucks up to little North Korea.

He has been the most hawkish on China of any president in decades.

If he doesn't have it in him, then who do you suggest does?

That's easy. Thought we already went over this too.

Because it looks bad, it reflects badly on the "brand" of "China", and it interrupts the flow of so much money going through there. In other words exactly the same reasons Rump tried to dismiss it with "hoax" and "the flu" and "everything is fine". Because he doesn't want his "brand" tarnished with, say, a stock market plummeting by ten thousand points. China's dismissive sweep-it-under-the-rug attitude cost it greatly in not only the reputation-loss and commerce loss it wanted to avoid, it also let the virus run out of control and affect its own people. And Rump's did likewise.

Media, and people in general, have FAR more urgent business right now than looking around to point fingers. Like basic survival.

Because it looks bad, it reflects badly on the "brand" of "China", and it interrupts the flow of so much money going through there. In other words exactly the same reasons Rump tried to dismiss it with "hoax" and "the flu" and "everything is fine". Because he doesn't want his "brand" tarnished with, say, a stock market plummeting by ten thousand points. China's dismissive sweep-it-under-the-rug attitude cost it greatly in not only the reputation-loss and commerce loss it wanted to avoid, it also let the virus run out of control and affect its own people. And Rump's did likewise.

Media, and people in general, have FAR more urgent business right now than looking around to point fingers. Like basic survival.

Very true, last night they aired a story on how tough toilet paper is to get, come to think of it, that is the same story they have aired for the last two weeks.

Truth be told, I quit watching the news, I have a site I go to in the morning and again in the evening to get the latest stories. I spend 20-30 minutes on it and then go about my day. I don't want or need 24/7 coverage.

Here is an article that debunks my own conspiracy theory which I just posted. I have openly said it is a conspiracy theory, as I obviously don't know the facts. My suspicions and concerns/ are based on timing, the outcome, the focused travel of it globally, the source nation involved, and most importantly, motivation.

However, I have a couple of issues with this article, first, it suggests that somehow it was designed so well that it couldn't possible have been man-made (as if China doesn't have good biological engineers). Imagine someone seeing a nuclear bomb go off in 1910 and thinking, "we don't have that technology, it must have come from nature".

Second, if one was going to introduce this to the world it would most likely be through a source such as a bat or some other animal specifically to avoid any suspicions. You could isolate a number of bats, pass it among each one and then find a way to get it into the human community via their markets.

Maybe we will never know, but I hope global intelligence agencies are working on this.

As the novel coronavirus causing COVID-19 spreads across the globe, with cases surpassing 284,000 worldwide today (March 20), misinformation is spreading almost as fast.

One persistent myth is that this virus, called SARS-CoV-2, was made by scientists and escaped from a lab in Wuhan, China, where the outbreak began.

A new analysis of SARS-CoV-2 may finally put that latter idea to bed. A group of researchers compared the genome of this novel coronavirus with the seven other coronaviruses known to infect humans: SARS, MERS and SARS-CoV-2, which can cause severe disease; along with HKU1, NL63, OC43 and 229E, which typically cause just mild symptoms, the researchers wrote March 17 in the journal Nature Medicine.

"Our analyses clearly show that SARS-CoV-2 is not a laboratory construct or a purposefully manipulated virus," they write in the journal article.
Kudos. This is a welcome, forthright post.

Very true, last night they aired a story on how tough toilet paper is to get, come to think of it, that is the same story they have aired for the last two weeks.

Truth be told, I quit watching the news, I have a site I go to in the morning and again in the evening to get the latest stories. I spend 20-30 minutes on it and then go about my day. I don't want or need 24/7 coverage.

That is THE most bizarre behaviour of this entire escapade. I dunno, people must think COVID is a diarrhea disease. It just makes no sense at all.

So if it didn't escape did it receive early release?

Um seems if someone was going to create a virus to use a a biological weapon they would make it so it doesn't show it was made in a lab and not following computer models.

What conspiracy theory has ever been proven to be correct? All conspiracy theories are wrong, every single time.

Forum List

Back