Give Blood

Bruce Daniels

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2020
I have an appointment at the Red Cross tomorrow to donate blood, which I've done a number of times before. Even if you think that the coronavirus crisis is overhyped, there's always a need for blood supplies. It's one thing that many people can do to help others during this critical time. Please consider giving blood for the sake of your friends, neighbors, and fellow Americans. You can make an appointment here:

I have an appointment at the Red Cross tomorrow to donate blood, which I've done a number of times before. Even if you think that the coronavirus crisis is overhyped, there's always a need for blood supplies. It's one thing that many people can do to help others during this critical time. Please consider giving blood for the sake of your friends, neighbors, and fellow Americans. You can make an appointment here:
I just got off the phone to my Urologist's office. I need to go to Quest for another PSA test and NO walk-ins accepted at this time. All about appointments. Many are changing their appointments for month's ahead in the future, which is understandable at this time. Anyway, good for you and Thanks.

Be a donor. I am a recipient of donated bone. When I go someone may need some of my good parts.

I'm a 12 gallon Lifeline donor (blood and plasma). Caught Flu A during ski trip in early February, but haven't donated since. I always have felt bad for a day or so after donating. Chalked it up to my body not liking change and more than my mind. Question for skilled medical on this board: Being over 65, how much do you think (if any) it lowers my resistance to viral infection and for how long?

Bleeding yourself(giving blood/plasma) is one of the best things you can ever do for yourself. They handle the giving in their "distillery" Drink shitloads of REAL water and dont eat for close to a day after giving. The new blood produced is clean so don't load it with BS to give the liver and spleen a little break on filtering too. The old school fasting mentality had a lot to do with science they didn't understand....yet it worke(d-s)

They're calling for donating here as well. Supplies are very low.

I'm a 12 gallon Lifeline donor (blood and plasma). Caught Flu A during ski trip in early February, but haven't donated since. I always have felt bad for a day or so after donating. Chalked it up to my body not liking change and more than my mind. Question for skilled medical on this board: Being over 65, how much do you think (if any) it lowers my resistance to viral infection and for how long?

Short answer: No.

Coming from a experienced history teacher, you put my mind at rest, I'm sure.

Phony Doctor

1585174322577.png

Well, I'm set for tomorrow morning. They want plasma.

I am also a liver transplant candidate, heart patient, and gave blood for 40 years. I gave you a link too!

Phony Doctor

View attachment 315280
I never said I was a doctor. You need no proof that you are a moron.

Well, I'm set for tomorrow morning. They want plasma.
How long to give a gallon? LOL
Luckily I think they only process a liter plasma at a time and put back the red cells. Takes me about 45 minutes and I lay around reading a book on my Fire. Been donating for many years. I set up a blood donation program for the employees of the plant I worked for. Had a great response from the employees, generated a lot of donation. It was also responsible for detecting several previously UN-diagnosed underlying conditions of a few employees, that would have been seriously life threatening if remaining untreated or controlled. Plant manger liked it, because bringing the bus to the plant saved man hours, while doing good for the community.

I am also a liver transplant candidate, heart patient, and gave blood for 40 years. I gave you a link too!
Noticed link after responding Rock and read it. Check further soursces and set the appointment. Good luck with the liver and heart issues....:)

Phony Doctor

View attachment 315280
"Question for skilled medical on this board:"

But you responded to the above crybaby. Proof enough.

Phony Doctor

View attachment 315280

I asked my daughter who is an Army biologist, who is sitting right next to me, and then followed up with a link. Got a problem with that? If so, shut your cock holster!

Phony Doctor

View attachment 315280

I asked my daughter who is an Army biologist, who is sitting right next to me, and then followed up with a link. Got a problem with that? If so, shut your cock holster!
Yep. Sure. Uh-huh. Chuffy.

Would love to donate, but I was in England during the Mad Cow scare, and they wont' let me.

Phony Doctor

View attachment 315280

Yep. Sure. Uh-huh. Chuffy.

Why is that so hard to believe? I provided a link, or are you incapable of reading for comprehension, dumbass?

Hey, I don't think that we agree on a lot of things, but at least we can agree that it's a good thing to give blood, right? Thank you.

Forum List

Back