The coronavirus did not escape from a lab: Here's how we know

Here is an article that debunks my own conspiracy theory which I just posted. I have openly said it is a conspiracy theory, as I obviously don't know the facts. My suspicions and concerns/ are based on timing, the outcome, the focused travel of it globally, the source nation involved, and most importantly, motivation.

However, I have a couple of issues with this article, first, it suggests that somehow it was designed so well that it couldn't possible have been man-made (as if China doesn't have good biological engineers). Imagine someone seeing a nuclear bomb go off in 1910 and thinking, "we don't have that technology, it must have come from nature".

Second, if one was going to introduce this to the world it would most likely be through a source such as a bat or some other animal specifically to avoid any suspicions. You could isolate a number of bats, pass it among each one and then find a way to get it into the human community via their markets.

Maybe we will never know, but I hope global intelligence agencies are working on this.

As the novel coronavirus causing COVID-19 spreads across the globe, with cases surpassing 284,000 worldwide today (March 20), misinformation is spreading almost as fast.

One persistent myth is that this virus, called SARS-CoV-2, was made by scientists and escaped from a lab in Wuhan, China, where the outbreak began.

A new analysis of SARS-CoV-2 may finally put that latter idea to bed. A group of researchers compared the genome of this novel coronavirus with the seven other coronaviruses known to infect humans: SARS, MERS and SARS-CoV-2, which can cause severe disease; along with HKU1, NL63, OC43 and 229E, which typically cause just mild symptoms, the researchers wrote March 17 in the journal Nature Medicine.

"Our analyses clearly show that SARS-CoV-2 is not a laboratory construct or a purposefully manipulated virus," they write in the journal article.
What conspiracy theory has ever been proven to be correct? All conspiracy theories are wrong, every single time.
Conspiring against conspiracies, eh?

Um seems if someone was going to create a virus to use a a biological weapon they would make it so it doesn't show it was made in a lab and not following computer models.
What makes you think they can do that?

What conspiracy theory has ever been proven to be correct? All conspiracy theories are wrong, every single time.
Glad to know that conspiracy theories about the Mafia, Drug smuggling, human trafficking and Democrat vote fraud are all false.

Whew!

lol

I think most people understand that China is very secretive. I wasnt in the least surprised they kept it quiet.

Is that so?

At the beginning of December a physician had a patient showing system he (the physician) didn't fully understand. A few days later, his wife also fell ill. Their folks then got to work looking for the cause. Around the December 27 they finally had the virus isolated and partly sequenced. On December 30, the Chinese publicly announced the existence of a new coronavirus. During some time in between the central government became involved and pushed this forward until, in early January, they published the full genome. Yes, there was a local police station trying to silence the physicians. Old style. The central government isn't even accused, with any evidence whatsoever, of any wrongdoing - that is, outside the rightarded blabbosphere trying to blame everyone and their uncle for Trump's bumbling, botched response, while the WHO is heaping praise on China's efficiency, professionalism, and transparency.

You didn't think discovering a new disease caused by an entirely new species of virus, and figuring it all out, is a matter of hours, or even days?

That is to say, if you find your assumptions confirmed in a way as to be not "in the least surprised", it's often worth taking a second look, for someone might try to play you based on those (commonly held) assumption. It goes without saying, the Chinese took all that very seriously at least since the middle of December, while in mid-March the bumbling Orange Moron still tried to downplay the whole affair. Three months, Asclepias, three months the Chinese were ahead of Trump, but the Chinese are somehow at fault. Why didn't you perk up finding that bullshit on a platter?

A new analysis of SARS-CoV-2 may finally put that latter idea to bed. A group of researchers compared the genome of this novel coronavirus with the seven other coronaviruses known to infect humans: SARS, MERS and SARS-CoV-2, which can cause severe disease; along with HKU1, NL63, OC43 and 229E, which typically cause just mild symptoms, the researchers wrote March 17 in the journal Nature Medicine.
"Our analyses clearly show that SARS-CoV-2 is not a laboratory construct or a purposefully manipulated virus," they write in the journal article.
From the article:
Yet in computer simulations, the mutations in SARS-CoV-2 don't seem to work very well at helping the virus bind to human cells. If scientists had deliberately engineered this virus, they wouldn't have chosen mutations that computer models suggest won't work. ..
"If someone were seeking to engineer a new coronavirus as a pathogen, they would have constructed it from the backbone of a virus known to cause illness," ...

From those two generic assumptions we are supposed to ignore:
1) trace fragments of HIV virus, commonly used in genetic engineering, and
2) that the core RNA has changed as happens in agenic shift, but the receptors have not changed except in one key molecule.

This is what happens in natural agenic shift, but did NOT happen with COVID19.
1585100741645.png

Glad to know that conspiracy theories about the Mafia, Drug smuggling, human trafficking and Democrat vote fraud are all false.
We have always known those things existed.
You couldnt tell that to J Edgar Hoover who denied the Mafia for decades. He always dismissed the Mafia as a wild conspiracy theory.

Here is an article that debunks my own conspiracy theory which I just posted. I have openly said it is a conspiracy theory, as I obviously don't know the facts. My suspicions and concerns/ are based on timing, the outcome, the focused travel of it globally, the source nation involved, and most importantly, motivation.

However, I have a couple of issues with this article, first, it suggests that somehow it was designed so well that it couldn't possible have been man-made (as if China doesn't have good biological engineers). Imagine someone seeing a nuclear bomb go off in 1910 and thinking, "we don't have that technology, it must have come from nature".

Second, if one was going to introduce this to the world it would most likely be through a source such as a bat or some other animal specifically to avoid any suspicions. You could isolate a number of bats, pass it among each one and then find a way to get it into the human community via their markets.

Maybe we will never know, but I hope global intelligence agencies are working on this.

As the novel coronavirus causing COVID-19 spreads across the globe, with cases surpassing 284,000 worldwide today (March 20), misinformation is spreading almost as fast.

One persistent myth is that this virus, called SARS-CoV-2, was made by scientists and escaped from a lab in Wuhan, China, where the outbreak began.

I don’t think the Chinese “created” the virus, nor have many claimed that.

It is quite possible however, they had the virus in one of their labs and were testing it. Accident happened or mistake was made and it got out.

Either way, the Chinese lied about it initially.
Typical communist bastards.

Um seems if someone was going to create a virus to use a a biological weapon they would make it so it doesn't show it was made in a lab and not following computer models.
That's what I was thinking. . . and secondly. . . everyone that has half a brain, KNOWS the major corporate networks have spooks sprinkled in them.

Even if they knew the truth of the matter. . . they would never tell the public anyway. OF COURSE they would pull up a scientific study that would tell the public precisely what they want them to have the public bleeve. :icon_rolleyes:

It is kind of like that "Vault 7" release from Wikileaks, where we learned the intel. agencies can mimic any foreign or non-state hacker, and make it look like a "bad guy."

It is the ultimate propaganda weapon. I was following the social media feed of the acknowledged expert in the nation on the Deep State, and had already read this study. There are several other studies on this. . . there was a wide ranging discussion about this among several profs, and ex-spooks. OF COURSE they would have to put this research out there in order to push "plausible deniability," for whomever did release it, (if someone did) . . . or, it may, just be, what it appears to be.

Us plebes, laymen and expert scientists alike, in the end, can never really know. AND THAT? Is precisely how it would have been made. . . if it were indeed a weapon. That would make it's orgins, natural or man-made, impossible to trace. . . which is the point.

That's what I was thinking. . . and secondly. . . everyone that has half a brain, KNOWS the major corporate networks have spooks sprinkled in them.

Even if they knew the truth of the matter. . . they would never tell the public anyway. OF COURSE they would pull up a scientific study that would tell the public precisely what they want them to have the public bleeve. :icon_rolleyes:

It is kind of like that "Vault 7" release from Wikileaks, where we learned the intel. agencies can mimic any foreign or non-state hacker, and make it look like a "bad guy."

It is the ultimate propaganda weapon. I was following the social media feed of the acknowledged expert in the nation on the Deep State, and had already read this study. There are several other studies on this. . . there was a wide ranging discussion about this among several profs, and ex-spooks. OF COURSE they would have to put this research out there in order to push "plausible deniability," for whomever did release it, (if someone did) . . . or, it may, just be, what it appears to be.

Us plebes, laymen and expert scientists alike, in the end, can never really know. AND THAT? Is precisely how it would have been made. . . if it were indeed a weapon. That would make it's orgins, natural or man-made, impossible to trace. . . which is the point.
Stop asking questions, Peasant and get that yoke back on!

:D

Well we told you that in the beginning. You like conspiracy theories though.

I don't like conspiracies. I'm one of the least likely to engage in them. I do, however, believe strongly in the motto of "how many coincidences make a fact" and, motivations often lead to answers.

Still far too many unanswered questions. Primarily, why did China NOT share information quickly with the world? Why the secrecy?

Media, for the most par, doesn't seem interested. Citizens of the world are interested though. This has impacted the globe like that which we have rarely seen. It isn't just isolated to one countr.

First of all The Chinese Communist Party is far different from what most think.....especially the liberals.

They simply have no idea how brutal they can be if they feel the need.

Second of all .............they are a danger to the entire world....for several reasons........amongst them....their huge population, their desire for more land to feed their population, their heavy investment in their military, their desire to dominate their neighbors etc.etc. not even to mention their history of slaughtering 70 million of their own people to attain power.

When we look at who could possibly have benefitted from this chinese virus spreading around the world....there is only one nation that stands to benefit and that nation is of course China.

Which does not mean they did it in an intentional manner.....all I am saying and have said is that it should not be discounted.

Also even if our intelligence agencies knew absolutely with certainty they did it....they would not expose it. Far too dangerous at this time....we simply are in no shape now to engage in a major war.

Also we must remember China is a nuclear nation....and that has a huge ramification.....as one Chinese General was quoted as saying......would America be willing to defend Taiwan at the expense of LosAngeles or words to the effect that if they told us in a concrete manner.....if we tried to try and attempt to defend Taiwan they would nuke L.A.

I believe it didn't "escape", rather it was purposely leaked into the public domain. This virus has the name of George Soros ALL over it.

Here's the thing with conspiracy theories, even if they are all wrong, the thing they are talking about is true.

Well we told you that in the beginning. You like conspiracy theories though.

I don't like conspiracies. I'm one of the least likely to engage in them. I do, however, believe strongly in the motto of "how many coincidences make a fact" and, motivations often lead to answers.

Still far too many unanswered questions. Primarily, why did China NOT share information quickly with the world? Why the secrecy?

Media, for the most par, doesn't seem interested. Citizens of the world are interested though. This has impacted the globe like that which we have rarely seen. It isn't just isolated to one countr.
Maybe they kept it secret because they are a communist country with a dictator who changed their constitution to declare himself dictator for life -- why would you expect transparency from them

They kept it a secret because they were terrified about the impact it might have on the flow of trade from the kingdom of cheap labor and high pollution.

Jo

"not following computer models"

Or maybe it did just that. Do we know what they're doing in their labs and do we have their computer models?

If everything follow computer models, we would not have any disease left to fight anymore, and New York would be under 30 ft of water by now.

Are they trying to say COVID-19 and SARS-CoV-2 are one in the same?

Your question doesn't make sense.

COVID-19 (disease) is caused by SARS-CoV-2 (virus).

Per WHO:

Is the coronavirus disease the same as SARS? No. The virus that causes COVID-19 and the one that caused the outbreak of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) in 2003 are related to each other genetically, but the diseases they cause are quite different.

Forum List

Back