The Constitution -- Merely A Guide?

Of course it does. You can sign a contract, volunteering yourself to rules which do restrict it, therefore you are subject to contract law and said contract supersedes you're right to fly the flag. Rights are not these end all be all doesn't matter the situation things. You can't scream fire in a theater. You can't breach a contract you signed well not coerced.

Of course it does. You can sign a contract, volunteering yourself to rules which do restrict it, therefore you are subject to contract law and said contract supersedes you're right to fly the flag. Rights are not these end all be all doesn't matter the situation things. You can't scream fire in a theater. You can't breach a contract you signed well not coerced.
In a pickup truck? What about the story where Muslims were offended? Did you read all of the stories?

The typos were caused by talk to text. Hopefully the point came across

Has the Constitution become merely a guide, and not the law of our founding principles? What about The Bill of Rights? Have we made detours around the Constitution in order to better serve this nation and her citizens? Have we allowed the Constitution to be interpreted, in order to make adjustments based on current events and changing times? Have we altered the intent of the Constitution, in order to accommodate a select group, or a self-serving cause?

Considerations have been given to gun control, restrictive lawful assembly, restrictive prayer and religious applications, discrimination based on appearance, search and seizure authority, restrictive free speech, the legal invasion of privacy, tax collection and distribution of taxes, restrictive displaying of the American flag, the lack of government transparency, abusive use of eminent domain, and executive power.

EXAMPLES:
Report Finds No Substitute for Mass Data Collection -- http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/16/u...lk-collection-of-phone-data.html?ref=politics

Republicans Resist Obama’s Move to Dismantle Apparatus of Deportation -- http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/16/us/secure-communities-immigration-program-battle.html?ref=us
The program, which generated the majority of the 2.3 million deportations under the Obama administration, is at the center of the battle between the president and Republicans over his executive actions to transform the deportation system.

Your Thoughts ?
"Has the Constitution become merely a guide, and not the law of our founding principles?" - false choice "What about The Bill of Rights?" - what about it? It's a part of the Constitution

"Have we altered the intent of the Constitution?" just what do you imagine the intent of the US Constitution was? Hmm... :popcorn:

not one of your links addresses this nonsense: "Considerations have been given to gun control, restrictive lawful assembly, restrictive prayer and religious applications, discrimination based on appearance, search and seizure authority, restrictive free speech, the legal invasion of privacy, tax collection and distribution of taxes, restrictive displaying of the American flag, the lack of government transparency, abusive use of eminent domain, and executive power." -- where and when have restrictions on flying the American Flag been proposed?
Yes. Correct. Displaying the American flag. Yes, several reports, especially in Florida, where a Vet had a flag pole in his front yard, flying the American flag, and was told it wasn't allowed. The court upheld the HOA rules, and forced him to take the flag down. But, There are NO laws that prevent anyone from flying the American flag.

Property rights. HOA rules are about property rights. Whether the guy is a veteran or not is irrelevant. I wonder if he had to take down the pole.
Is a truck restricted under an HOA? Read all of the stories please.

I'd rather read what the lawyers and the courts have said. Articles and opinion pieces are shit

Sonny no law prevents the flying of the american flag.
Huh?

say what I'm thinking ain't so
Where he got that from, I have no idea.
How the f*** do you restrict something if not by law? Say because I said so? Through threw thru
There is NO law, in the Constitution, or elsewhere, that restricts the flying of our national flag.
Yes there is.

Its not explicit but its there.

Can you fly it on your neighbors property without their consent?

No.

Thats a restriction.

Can you fly it in a privately owned development you volunteered to be a part of?

No.

Theres a restriction.

Has the Constitution become merely a guide, and not the law of our founding principles? What about The Bill of Rights? Have we made detours around the Constitution in order to better serve this nation and her citizens? Have we allowed the Constitution to be interpreted, in order to make adjustments based on current events and changing times? Have we altered the intent of the Constitution, in order to accommodate a select group, or a self-serving cause?

Considerations have been given to gun control, restrictive lawful assembly, restrictive prayer and religious applications, discrimination based on appearance, search and seizure authority, restrictive free speech, the legal invasion of privacy, tax collection and distribution of taxes, restrictive displaying of the American flag, the lack of government transparency, abusive use of eminent domain, and executive power.

EXAMPLES:
Report Finds No Substitute for Mass Data Collection -- http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/16/u...lk-collection-of-phone-data.html?ref=politics

Republicans Resist Obama’s Move to Dismantle Apparatus of Deportation -- http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/16/us/secure-communities-immigration-program-battle.html?ref=us
The program, which generated the majority of the 2.3 million deportations under the Obama administration, is at the center of the battle between the president and Republicans over his executive actions to transform the deportation system.

Your Thoughts ?
"Has the Constitution become merely a guide, and not the law of our founding principles?" - false choice "What about The Bill of Rights?" - what about it? It's a part of the Constitution

"Have we altered the intent of the Constitution?" just what do you imagine the intent of the US Constitution was? Hmm... :popcorn:

not one of your links addresses this nonsense: "Considerations have been given to gun control, restrictive lawful assembly, restrictive prayer and religious applications, discrimination based on appearance, search and seizure authority, restrictive free speech, the legal invasion of privacy, tax collection and distribution of taxes, restrictive displaying of the American flag, the lack of government transparency, abusive use of eminent domain, and executive power." -- where and when have restrictions on flying the American Flag been proposed?
Yes. Correct. Displaying the American flag. Yes, several reports, especially in Florida, where a Vet had a flag pole in his front yard, flying the American flag, and was told it wasn't allowed. The court upheld the HOA rules, and forced him to take the flag down. But, There are NO laws that prevent anyone from flying the American flag.

Property rights. HOA rules are about property rights. Whether the guy is a veteran or not is irrelevant. I wonder if he had to take down the pole.
Is a truck restricted under an HOA? Read all of the stories please.

I'd rather read what the lawyers and the courts have said. Articles and opinion pieces are shit
Have U.S. citizens been forced to remove the American flag?

In a pickup truck? What about the story where Muslims were offended? Did you read all of the stories?
Isolated cases do not an erosion of the constitution make.

320million people.

Please find at least 500, 000 cases, then we still might not even be able to call it a MINOR trend.

Do you know how to comprehend the math and its implications? 320000000

Sonny no law prevents the flying of the american flag.
Huh?

say what I'm thinking ain't so
Where he got that from, I have no idea.
How the f*** do you restrict something if not by law? Say because I said so? Through threw thru
There is NO law, in the Constitution, or elsewhere, that restricts the flying of our national flag.
Yes there is.

No.

Thats a restriction.

Can you fly it in a privately owned development you volunteered to be a part of?

No.

Theres a restriction.
Is that your interpretation of the Constitution? Or, is in actually in the Constitution?

320million people.

Please find at least 500, 000 cases, then we still might not even be able to call it a MINOR trend.

You're the only one that has mentioned numbers. I have never mentioned numbers. I gave examples to support my claim. It really doesn't matter if it's one or a 1,000,000. The point is that we can carry our national flag into battle, yet we can't display it in our front yard.

None of which have anything to do with the Constitution or the government upholding it or not. These are all restricted cases Plus you forget there are 320 million with a capital m people in this country s*** you can find 10 examples of anything with that many people running around get a grip
Does the Constitution RESTRICT the displaying of our national flag?

320million people.

You're the only one that has mentioned numbers. I have never mentioned numbers. I gave examples to support my claim. It really doesn't matter if it's one or a 1,000,000. The point is that we can carry our national flag into battle, yet we can't display it in our front yard.
Umm...yes we can.

If 0.0000000004% cant do it

It doesnt mean "we cant."

It means the media is in your head, is what it means.

Yes there is.

No.

Thats a restriction.

No.

Theres a restriction.

This is imbecility on a scale that I would have previously thought unimaginable.

Yes there is.

No.

Thats a restriction.

No.

Theres a restriction.

This is imbecility on a scale that I would have previously thought unimaginable.
Nobody cares what your limited water carrier on your neck interprets their posts as dude. Save it.

There is NO law, in the Constitution, or elsewhere, that restricts the flying of our national flag. No law implied or otherwise. GT has used the term 'explicit' where 'implied' is more appropriate. GT has crossed a line from dementia into insanity

There is NO law, in the Constitution, or elsewhere, that restricts the flying of our national flag. No law implied or otherwise. GT has used the term 'explicit' where 'implied' is more appropriate. GT has crossed a line from dementia into insanity
Ok then go fly a flag on your neighbor's lawn wothout their consent genius.

You cant.

By law.

Does the Constitution RESTRICT the displaying of our national flag?

320million people.

Umm...yes we can.

WRONG -- The media is in no way in my head, not by a long shot. What it means is, there are restriction on flying our national flag, as evident by the few examples that I gave. There are other examples that I've read about over the years also. You can fly the flag as long as it doesn't go against someone's rules, or as long as it doesn't offend anyone. Obviously by one of the articles, it offended Muslims.

320million people.

Umm...yes we can.

WRONG -- The media is in no way in my head, not by a long shot. What it means is, there are restriction on flying our national flag, as evident by the few examples that I gave. There are other examples that I've read about over the years also. You can fly the flag as long as it doesn't go against someone's rules, or as long as it doesn't offend anyone. Obviously by one of the articles, it offended Muslims.
So in other words.....10 examples out of 320, 000, 000 makes a trend in your opinion.

You told ed you were smart.

Forum List

Back