The "Conservative" approach to sea level rise

The Obamas aren't at all worried about sea levels rising.

Neither is Biden's energy czar, John Kerry:

Neither is the great environmentalist Algore:

Bill and Melinda Gates don't believe the sea levels will rise:

Really, the only people in the world who seem to believe that shit are you and Greta Thunberg. Everyone else knows it's a lie.
Greta doesn't even believe it. She's just reciting memorized lines. She's a child who was hired because of her acting background to be a spokesman for Marxist causes. Exactly like David Hogg and AOC. All have acting backgrounds. All instructed to say ultra-inflammatory things. All instructed to play the victim card when their absurd ideas are challenged.

All those people have multiple houses.
They really don't have to worry that their vacations homes will be threatened at the end of the century.

And finding a few rich liberals with beach houses does not refute AGW.
That's called 'a non sequitur.'
Look it up genius.
`
And by the way, why in the hell do those people have multiple homes? And I'm not talking about 3 bedroom, 2 bath, ranch homes; these are homes that could easily provide shelter to half a dozen immigrant families in each home. The energy consumed by those homes could provide for at least as many families.

That they own these beach homes, and other extra homes prove that they don't care a bit about the environment or energy use. It's all just campaign slogans to them.

Greta doesn't even believe it. She's just reciting memorized lines. She's a child who was hired because of her acting background to be a spokesman for Marxist causes. Exactly like David Hogg and AOC. All have acting backgrounds. All instructed to say ultra-inflammatory things. All instructed to play the victim card when their absurd ideas are challenged.
Greta's parents should be charged with child abuse for what they've done to that child.

You're absolutely right. If this thread were about refuting AGW then I may not have posted those links but, even then, they may not be proof against AGW but they surely are evidence in how much environmentalist politicians believe in global warming.

This thread, though, is to attack the conservative approach to sea level rise. What the links I posted prove is that none of the Democratic top environmentalist politicians believe the sea levels are going to rise any time soon. It proves that it is the left who are the environmental hypocrites. They buy and build their own developments on the coast, ignoring the claims of rising seas and try to prevent others from building on the coast because of the claims of rising seas.

For instance, the Obamas got a waiver on an environmental policy to protect the beaches in Hawaii, allowing them to fix a seawall after the state prohibited fixing or building new seawalls because of the damage they cause.

Obama didn't care about the science because he doesn't believe in the science.
President Obama is 60 years old. In 20 years, he will be 80 years old, and probably will want to live somewhere with a little less upkeep to worry about. Let us hope he is correct about that house not being in danger in the next 20 years.

Greta's parents should be charged with child abuse for what they've done to that child.
Oh boy, another damned fool. You, sir, are an idiot. Were I Greta's age, I too would be angry about what assholes like you are doing to the world she will have to live with. You are willfully ignorant and purposely blind to what is happening right now.

We just saw an especially high tide earlier here in January ... was there any wide-spread flooding? ... not that I've heard of ... so an eighth inch per year is laughably small ... or 5 years to get to the size of that knot you keep in your knickers ...

For comparison ... Portland, Oregon is moving towards Tokyo, Japan at 1-1/4 inches per year ... ten times faster than sea level rise ... just terrifying ...

We just saw an especially high tide earlier here in January ... was there any wide-spread flooding? ... not that I've heard of ... so an eighth inch per year is laughably small ... or 5 years to get to the size of that knot you keep in your knickers ...

For comparison ... Portland, Oregon is moving towards Tokyo, Japan at 1-1/4 inches per year ... ten times faster than sea level rise ... just terrifying ...
Even though I live here in Portland, Oregon, I really don't think that it represents the whole world.

Hey Old Rocks....dude thought you'd like to know...I'm reconsidering my hard line against the jabs....

Guess in the end, you're right about the "science".

img_1_1642719329103.jpg

Oh boy, another damned fool. You, sir, are an idiot. Were I Greta's age, I too would be angry about what assholes like you are doing to the world she will have to live with. You are willfully ignorant and purposely blind to what is happening right now.
Heh. Greta's a shill. She's window dressing. That addled child doesn't know her butt from first base. Do you think somebody with intellectual disabilities is actually invited to speak at the UN because of her expertise? She's an actress. An idiot who has memorized the hateful lines given to her by her Marxist handlers.

You really needs to read the Book of Revelation and how G-d will restore this planet once He takes his rightful place. But you will not see the Truth, will you?

Even though I live here in Portland, Oregon, I really don't think that it represents the whole world.

Three street corners are at risk of flooding in North Miami ... is that all? ...

Just pathetic ...

{When John Madden was head coach of the Raiders ... he'd check the tide charts for the games in Oakland/Alameda Stadium ... so he knew which cheats to have his players wear ... }

The approach we have to this AGW bullshit is simply to ridicule those pathetic stupid uneducated Moon Bats that have fallen for the silly scam.

Heh. Greta's a shill. She's window dressing. That addled child doesn't know her butt from first base. Do you think somebody with intellectual disabilities is actually invited to speak at the UN because of her expertise? She's an actress. An idiot who has memorized the hateful lines given to her by her Marxist handlers.

Rockhead doesn't understand WHY we shouldn't listen to kids who have ZERO science education.

Media-01.jpg

Do you regularly weep over these drowned cities?

Drowned Cities

Excerpts:

Drowned cities​

In the Mediterranean, earth movements resulting from earthquakes and volcanoes account for most of the submerged cities, but not all.

Because of the general rising of the water level of the Mediterranean, large sections of cities well known to history are now under water. Among these are Baise (a sort of ancient Las Vegas), numerous points along Italy’s western coast, cities along the Adriatic coast of Yugoslavia, parts of Syracuse in Sicily, Lepis Magna in Libya, as well as the ancient harbours of Tyre and Caesarea.

Helike is believed to lie on the sea bottom near Corinth. In ancient times this sunken city was a tourist attraction for Roman visitors to Greece. They used to pass over it in boats, admiring the ruins visible through the clear water. The statue of Zeus, still standing, was clearly visible on the bottom.

Latin America

Among discoveries off South and Central America are these:

* Off Guayaquil, Ecuador, a drowned city from which statues, lenses and other artefacts have been brought up;

* Off Venezuela, a 30 foot wall running straight for at least 100 miles;

* Off Haiti, an entire submerged city;

* Off Cuba’s north coast, submerged streets and buildings white like marble;

* From Belize, ancient roads on land continue to destinations now under the sea;

* Off Hispaniola, Mexico, sunken buildings (one of them 240 by 80 feet);

* At 165 feet underwater, Costeau’s “Calypso” expedition discovered a huge grotto with stalactites and stalagmites, which can form only on land.

Cosmul is a jungle island. Once part of Mexico’s Yucatan mainland, it is now 12 miles from the shoreline. Yet there is a great highway with its lifted line of trees streaking across the jungle to Cosmul. The roadway, with its huge 9 foot sandstone flagging and hard cement cover, dips down under the waves at the coastline and again reappears on the dry land of Cosmul.

=====

You going to blame SUV's for all these drowned cities and more?

Forum List

Back