The Coming Recession

The guy is talking about the Fed you buffoon.
Not EITHER party.
IDIOT!!!

If you are too stupid to even read properly - go and waste someone else's time.
Sure, the coming recession is all due to the Fed, you ignorant idiot.

Weird that unemployment is so low and yet businesses are having such a hard time finding workers.

Actually no it is not, that is exactly what one would expect. When UE is low there are fewer people looking for jobs, thus businesses have such a hard time finding workers

I voted against Theocratic White Nationalism.

You are ignorant.

You are a perfect example of just how well the leftist dogma works. You don't even realize that you have been completely brainwashed to believe a false narrative made up by the establishment to protect their gravy train. Now they have what they want with a puppet in office that can continue their plans.

Removing God from our society is not beneficial. Even if you are not a Christian, arguing against the principles of Christianity benefiting our society is a losing proposition. You were TOLD that Trump was a racist and quotes were taken out of context. Name a racist policy Trump supported. As far as nationalism goes, once again, tearing down any semblance of pride in the US is the top priority of those looking to destroy us.

I know this is going in one ear and out the other, but were thoroughly duped and voted for a loser and DEEP down you know you and our country will not be better off with Biden in office than it would have been with Trump.

Last edited:
I voted against Theocratic White Nationalism.

You are ignorant.
If you voted for Joe, a very old corrupt white supremacist authoritarian, you must be mistaken or confused. Because you voted for the very thing you claim to oppose. Hatred often results in confused thinking.

Please understand I’m not indicating Trump is any better. As I‘ve stated many times on this forum, there is little difference between the two morons.

If you voted for Joe, a very old corrupt white supremacist authoritarian, you must be mistaken or confused. Because you voted for the very thing you claim to oppose. Hatred often results in confused thinking.

Please understand I’m not indicating Trump is any better. As I‘ve stated many times on this forum, there is little difference between the two morons.
That's insane.

Interesting, typically in a recession/downturn WalMart makes out well.
Two fold... China is killing them. And people aren't buying "extra's"
Same with Target

Both of these companies made an absolute killing during covid because the government gave them the magic pill of safety and they got to stay open while closing small retail down all over the country.

Walmart - worst performance since 1987 - yesterday
Target - sales miss expectations substantially, stock plunges 25%

Target did well with sales, missed profit due to increased cost. They even had increased sales compared to last year when so many had nice shiny check from the Govt.

Target did well with sales, missed profit due to increased cost. They even had increased sales compared to last year when so many had nice shiny check from the Govt.

You are right, I misread the story... they missed sales estimates

Who benefits from panic, hyperinflation, epidemics and pandemics, conflicts and wars, destruction and chaos on the whole planet?
Well, apparently to those who want to get out of unaffordable debts, out of the production crisis, eliminate competitors and earn more money on all this...

A couple data points to add:

There has been an inversion of the yield curve. This is one of the most reliable indicators of a forthcoming recession.

Wall Street’s most-talked-about recession indicator is sounding its loudest alarm in two decades, intensifying concerns among investors that the U.S. economy is heading toward a slowdown.

[snip]

An inversion has preceded every U.S. recession for the past half century, so it’s seen as a harbinger of economic doom. And it’s happening now.

yield.jpg

Elon, Cathie Wood & The Dead Cat Bounce

So, it seems to me, we’re much closer to the beginning of the long-overdue cycle of economic pain than we are to the end of it. You can’t have more than a decade of risk being mispriced, courtesy of the ZIRP-style policies of our central bank, and expect there to be no consequences, or few consequences. I know everyone wants the pain to be brief, and it’s no fun, but I really don’t see a Fed bailout this time.

Unless the Fed has tricks up its sleeve that we have never seen before, we are closer to having to endure a Paul Volcker-like interest-rate cycle (of the extended double-digit variety) than we are to a near-term return to anything like the low-interest rate environment that the Fed engineered between 2009 and early 2022. With the annual inflation rate now close to double digits, what will it take for real interest rates—the interest rate that investors need to overcome the effects of inflation—to be positive? Wouldn’t that require the yield on the two-year Treasury to be closer to 10 percent than the 3 percent yield it has now? That’s a 700-basis point increase. How many Fed rate hikes will it take before we get anywhere near there and what will the consequences of that be? You want a recession? That will get you a recession.

The choices are stark: either more of the inflation rate that has been the highest in 40 years or a bona fide recession that will lower prices, lower demand, lower profits and lower employment. This is the table the Fed set with its 13-year addiction to low interest rates that was then exacerbated by events beyond its control—a pandemic that interrupted many supply lines and a war in Europe that pushed the price of fossil fuels to historic levels without any substitutes to reduce demand for those fossil fuels. I am not sure how the Fed engineers this landing. It seems to be in hope-and-pray mode now.

Joe Biden is going to get blamed for this economy. That’s just reality. But whatever you want to call this thing happening now, the responsibility for it starts with the Fed and the former presidents who increased spending even during the boom cycles. The American Rescue Plan’s $1.9 trillion stimulus isn’t what did this.

Joe Biden is going to get blamed for this economy. That’s just reality. But whatever you want to call this thing happening now, the responsibility for it starts with the Fed and the former presidents who increased spending even during the boom cycles. The American Rescue Plan’s $1.9 trillion stimulus isn’t what did this.
But but but…..Congress controls the purse strings…ain’t that right resident money man Mac1958 ?

But but but…..Congress controls the purse strings…ain’t that right resident money man Mac1958 ?
So you don't understand the role of the Fed.

Not surprised. You're just a Trumpster.

Trump proposes record-high $4.7 trillion budget

Decades of free money, massive tax cuts, massive deficit spending, and ZIRP.

When you build a house of cards that huge, it only takes a small gust of wind to bring it all down.
Talk Radio convinced them that, because they have an (R) after their name, they were born with some innate, organic expertise in economics and markets.

I've learned not to bother any more. It's depressing.

Forum List

Back