The Civil War was all about slavery.....the 11 democrat party states that left the Union said so...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
I didn't know exactly where to put this......I have Stephen Crowder in my youtube feed and this video about a visit to a Civil War historical center points out....yes...the democrat party controlled Southern states left the Union because of slavery........they stated so in their documents and speeches when they left the Union....

The slavery issue comes up at the 1:30 mark.

I already made this point years ago...on this very message board...and the main people disagreeing with me up and down about it were -- you guessed it -- Conservatives....you know, people like you......

So I assume since you see the evidence is so clear that the Civil War was over slavery...you think just calling them Democrats is supposed to let Conservatives off the hook?

Cool....can you name me any prominent Conservatives back then who opposed the states' right to own slaves?? I'll wait...

New Jersey was the last state north of the Mason Dixon line to outlaw slavery barely a decade before the Civil War. Lincoln is celebrated for "holding the Union together" but the fact is that the Union fell apart under his watch and he did nothing to prevent it. Racist mobs in New York lynched every black person they could find to the nearest light post during the "draft riots" of 1862.

I didn't know exactly where to put this......I have Stephen Crowder in my youtube feed and this video about a visit to a Civil War historical center points out....yes...the democrat party controlled Southern states left the Union because of slavery........they stated so in their documents and speeches when they left the Union....

Who has ever denied the conservative south, especially across the Bible Belt, were insanely racist?

New Jersey was the last state north of the Mason Dixon line to outlaw slavery barely a decade before the Civil War. Lincoln is celebrated for "holding the Union together" but the fact is that the Union fell apart under his watch and he did nothing to prevent it. Racist mobs in New York lynched every black person they could find to the nearest light post during the "draft riots" of 1862.
The Civil War was over slavery bro..

The fact that there were racists in the North doesn't change it...since we are the ones who have been telling yall that America was founded on racism..so why do you think pointing that there were racists up north is a retort?

The Civil War was over slavery bro..
"If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that.What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear..." - Abraham Lincoln

Lincoln's view of ''saving the Union' was to invalidate original intent.

He was a strong Hamiltonian who supported a strong centralized government. He didn't care about slavery.

They also left the Democrat Party in the 1860 election....just like they left the Democrat Party after the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

"If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that.What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear..." - Abraham Lincoln

Lincoln's view of ''saving the Union' was to invalidate original intent.

He was a strong Hamiltonian who supported a strong centralized government. He didn't care about slavery.
The Civil War was over slavery bro......I don't care what Lincoln was for or against...

I mean, they tried to make a compromise and let the South keep their slaves, but that wasn't good enough..it was almost as if, it was about the slavery bro.....thru out the western expansion, they wanted more slavery bro...

Alright, then.

Have a nice day.
In the future, you should if you can, build a time machine...and then go back to the 1860's and tell all of those confederate states to stop saying they are fighting the Civil War over slavery...

They obviously didn't get the memo about it -- I guess because they didn't know there would be future generations of Neo-Confederates embarrassed about their ancestors love for slavery.....

It's ok bro......we know you aren't in favor of slavery now......but it isn't a good look to try to convince us that your Confederate ancestors weren't

The Civil War was over slavery bro......I don't care what Lincoln was for or against...

I mean, they tried to make a compromise and let the South keep their slaves, but that wasn't good enough..it was almost as if, it was about the slavery bro.....thru out the western expansion, they wanted more slavery bro...
Compromise? He offered them slavery forever. And they still didnt come back. So lincoln started fucking with them.

Compromise? He offered them slavery forever. And they still didnt come back. So lincoln started fucking with them.
Nope, the Confederates were just pissed because they didn't want to establish the precedent that Congress can make laws about slavery.....

Again....all you have to do is find me a single Secession letter that said "Hey bro, this isn't over slavery" -- because all I keep reading is shit like what this guy said..

R_00.rac008 (67).jpg

Or this guy......

20210713_194134.jpg

By the way, the way most of us find these Neo-Confederate arguments trying to deflect from the fact that the war was over slavery -- we will be saying the same thing about "the election was stolen" folks...

One lost cause strategy after another....

Nope, the Confederates were just pissed because they didn't want to establish the precedent that Congress can make laws about slavery.....

Again....all you have to do is find me a single Secession letter that said "Hey bro, this isn't over slavery" -- because all I keep reading is shit like what this guy said..

View attachment 670598

Or this guy......

View attachment 670599
I never claimed they didnt secede over slavery.

I already made this point years ago...on this very message board...and the main people disagreeing with me up and down about it were -- you guessed it -- Conservatives....you know, people like you......

So I assume since you see the evidence is so clear that the Civil War was over slavery...you think just calling them Democrats is supposed to let Conservatives off the hook?

Cool....can you name me any prominent Conservatives back then who opposed the states' right to own slaves?? I'll wait...
Abraham Lincoln...the first Republican President.

By the way, the way most of us find these Neo-Confederate arguments trying to deflect from the fact that the war was over slavery -- we will be saying the same thing about "the election was stolen" folks...

One lost cause strategy after another....
BTW-slavery was just a symptom of the States Rights argument. Most Southerners didn't own slaves but most supported succession because they didn't want the strong central government that would be necessary to abolish slavery.

Forum List

Back