I agree with Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley on reasons for the Civil War

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
I agree with GOP presidential candidate Nikki Haley 's reasons for the Civil War - they involved “the freedoms of what people could and couldn't do," - like own slaves

Asked during a town hall in Berlin, New Hampshire, what she believed had caused the war — the first shots of which were fired in her home state of South Carolina — Haley talked about the role of government, replying that it involved “the freedoms of what people could and couldn't do.”

Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley was asked Wednesday by a New Hampshire voter about the reason for the Civil War, and she didn’t mention slavery in her response — leading the voter to say he was “astonished” by her omission.

Southern Unionists: Southern Unionist - Wikipedia

The American Civil War was about slavery. The South lost. There were slave holders down south who were northerners who came back to the north to fight against secession. Did you know that? Nothing is black and white--not even slavery.

State's rights? \south Carolina signed documents stating the cause for secession...and it was slavery. SC initiated the rebellion.

Main article: Secession in the United States
Discussions and threats of secession have often surfaced in American politics, but only in the case of the Confederate States of America was secession actually declared. A 2008 Zogby International poll revealed that 22% of Americans believe that "any state or region has the right to peaceably secede and become an independent republic." The United States Supreme Court ruled in Texas v. White that while the union...

I agree with GOP presidential candidate Nikki Haley 's reasons for the Civil War - they involved “the freedoms of what people could and couldn't do," - like own slaves

Southern Unionists: Southern Unionist - Wikipedia

The American Civil War was about slavery. The South lost. There were slave holders down south who were northerners who came back to the north to fight against secession. Did you know that? Nothing is black and white--not even slavery.

State's rights? \south Carolina signed documents stating the cause for secession...and it was slavery. SC initiated the rebellion.

it is the slave owners who should get reparations because their property was unjustly released by yankee troops.

The big mistake is that we let them back into the union way too quickly. Next time we need to wait a few generations before we allow the scum of Dixie back into the nation.
It was about the states being a part of the United States. I understand what you are trying to say, but...

Forum List

Back