The city changed, I didn't.

It was a combination of things over the years as the Federal powers increased more and more and more.

The Progressive era, for example, was one of the biggest factors with the passing of the Federal income tax amendment. Before that, SCOTUS ruled it was unconstitutional, so they simply added it a decade later. That, in my opinion, was the death blow to a limited government. Shortly afterwards, you had Wilson and FDR grabbing more and more power for the federal government to fight wars abroad. In fact, the government now passes about 40 thousand new regulations and laws every year. The problem is, with every law or regulation, freedom wanes. That is why passing laws should be done with great trepidation, something that does not exist.
The problem with top heavy laws and regulations is the more they are passed the more lawless society is becoming. We may be returning to a state of nature and I don't think most will like that very much.

Last edited:
Some of us have been telling you for years that the Democrat Party and the Deep State was trying to turn America into Venezuela.

You never listened.

The problem with most Americans is they've never been anywhere but America.....so they don't know how bad a country can become when corruption takes hold.
Being in the military, 90% of the time I was deployed to a country where the wheels have come off in a society. I've seen what happens when you let people with zero principles become your leaders. Some of you think it's funny to vote for a communist who hates America, or a degenerate white guy who never was the sharpest tool in the shed. When you start voting for people because of diversity, equity, and inclusion you're asking for the kind of country you end up living in.

Venezuela voted for Chavez because of the abuses of capitalism. They had no middle class. How old are you?

The problem with top heavy laws and regulations is the more they are passed the more lawless society is becoming. We may be returning to a state of nature and I don't think most will like that very much.

It is becoming more top heavy, that is, killing a civil and law abiding society, and refusing to hold others accountable for their lawlessness.

It is truly intolerable as the country is being ripped apart.

Maybe I'm just a Luddite, I don't know. I will say that I never envisioned society turning out like this. Are we all in a petri dish? These are questions that should be asked because no sense is being made. Maybe it's not supposed to make sense in a recolving-door dystopian circular way. Empirical politics is more than just strange bedfellows. Is the experiment coming to an end? It sure looks like it.
This is just the chickens coming home to roost.

It's proving what all of those Red-Necks said the last 100 years.

It's poetic-justice.
It's Rome is burning.
It's a failure to learn from history.
It's why the left tries to tear down any society they plan on taking over.

*** Woke educators and woke media have drilled into our heads that the shrinking Caucasian population is great news.

*** We are told by Caucasian wokesters that this will be a better nation when the overwhelming majority are African American and Hispanic American.

*** We are not stupid. All we have to do is to look at our cities to know how false this prediction is.

*** Asian Americans and African Americans and Hispanic Americans and Native Americans will find a grim America when this new majority takes over in 100 years (or earlier).
Parser…you post something extremely pertinent, accurate and on-point and Golfing Gator and most others feel compelled to pretend they didn’t see your post. Very few have the balls to discuss this…ALMOST NONE have the balls to offer solutions to fix this. Americans are just too pussified to fix real core issues. We have become spineless cowards and we will be the ones to blame for our demise.

You all waste your time trying to make sense to those contrarian chowderheaded Leftist buffoons rushing to post "NO it isn't" on every single post.

Normal people can see what is going on. There are many completely lost low IQ failures from the private sector in GOVT power positions. No one good can run for office as the MSM will destroy them. Look what they did to outsider Trump since 2015 and all working for America.

I feel alientated and estranged from the city I grew up in. Sometimes in my car the radio dial ends up on local morning talk programming. I hear a little parrot repeating vacuous voicings of the new postmodern world and wonder if the people who are assiduous listeners actually believe this is normal. Could this person get a job doing that anywhere else? I wonder. I know things have changed. I am officially old now and I recall being given Wonderlik and various other IQ tests for employment. Obviously they began moving away from that sometime in the 1980's. After The Bell Curve was published in 1994 citing differences in human intelligence was all but criminalized. Now the city has devolved from a sensible place to a woke wonderland where throwing on a pair of assless chaps and highstepping at a pride event is an advertised public service.

I keep my radio dial tuned away from that since one of my nephews swallowed something he thought was something else and was braindead before he hit the ground. They said he died "unexpectedly".

The city has come a long way baby!

We reap what we sow don't we?

Carry on,

Ray
I used to live in Minnesota in my younger days. Back then it was a highly Democratic state but it was livable, even though I didn't agree with many of their policies. But, I could at least tolerate them and live an OK life. That was decades ago and now they have gone full throttle woke Progressive. I feel sorry for anyone who lives in that state today. They are totally brain dead.

I used to live in Minnesota in my younger days. Back then it was a highly Democratic state but it was livable, even though I didn't agree with many of their policies. But, I could at least tolerate them and live an OK life. That was decades ago and now they have gone full throttle woke Progressive. I feel sorry for anyone who lives in that state today. They are totally brain dead.

Seems like everyone I know who lives or works there hates it there but has an excuse for staying there.

I talk a lot with my doctor there about the very real possibility that the "government" of the state will start trying to legislate themselves the right to kidnap his children for the purpose of sexually mutilating them. I just wonder if that's going to be the bomb that will get him to finally move to SD.

Bummer.

Seems like everyone I know who lives or works there hates it there but has an excuse for staying there.

I talk a lot with my doctor there about the very real possibility that the "government" of the state will start trying to legislate themselves the right to kidnap his children for the purpose of sexually mutilating them. I just wonder if that's going to be the bomb that will get him to finally move to SD.

Bummer.

Being from Minnesota, I may be able to enlighten you on your thoughts. First, not just in Minnesota, but in most places, the average John and Jane Doe don't move out of the area they are used to, whether they like it or not.

Second, when it comes to Minnesota, if they are from there, they are used to it, cold and all. It is a very outdoorsy state with lots of hunting, fishing, camping, and the like (10,000 lakes you know). And, they actually find ways to have fun in the cold instead of just complaining about it. Snowmobiling is big, skiing, winter festivals, and many other things. So, as much as they may hate the woke politics, the rest is just to appealing to move away from.

They'd call Hubert Humphrey a "Christian white nationalist" today.

Parser…you post something extremely pertinent, accurate and on-point and Golfing Gator and most others feel compelled to pretend they didn’t see your post. Very few have the balls to discuss this…ALMOST NONE have the balls to offer solutions to fix this. Americans are just too pussified to fix real core issues. We have become spineless cowards and we will be the ones to blame for our demise.
Maybe all of the liberals will run away from the problem by going to Canada?
Nah,......Canada is already more screwed up than America.
They have nowhere else to go.....so we're stuck with these Aholes.

We all saw a "corrected" election in 2020. They keep telling us that there is no proof. You know, like when the Mob controlled the streets and local politics. They used the power of that control to intimidate witnesses and rig an outcome. It's an old story.

I guess I should have seen the deterioration of intellect in my home city beginning in 1994 when OJ simpson was on trial for the murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman. A jury was carefully picked that couldn't understand ABC let alone DNA. A dream team of clever lawyers realized that a mass psychosis of racism and bad policing could be perpetrated on the public to get OJ off. That could have been when city leaders all over the country became aware that dumbing down the public was a good strategy. That was almost 30 years ago but is it possible that your city based its master plan on the mechanics of that trial?

When you read your local newspaper and listen to local radio programming you can almost feel the IQ points draining from your head. This could be what wokeness is all about. We know that colleges and universities no longer produce coherent, useful citizens. In fact we see from burning cities and violent street crime that education today is in the business of manufacturing dangerous human waste.

Does your city have a downtown? When you go there are you comfortable or do you have the sinking feeling that when you pass people on the street you are looking directly into the eyes of bonafide, certified idiots?

I don't have a good answer for you other than working to reverse the scam that took place in the last presidential election.

Does your city have a downtown? When you go there are you comfortable or do you have the sinking feeling that when you pass people on the street you are looking directly into the eyes of bonafide, certified idiots?
Not "certified idiots" but certified vicious street criminals without a conscience.

Forum List

Back