The Quran is Hate Speech

Pretty plain and simple. The wife is to submit like the church submits to Chris. Everything in Christianity is founded on love, not force.

That section, in context, says nothing about doing it due to love or force.
It gives no disclaimer concerning circumstances in which that wife does not feel love. She is still to obey.

I find it interesting that it does not give instruction concerning whether or not the husband is to obey the wife. The husband is head of the wife. They are not equals.

Anyway, obedience is to be done.

You just changed words. It does not say "to obey". It says "to submit". Submitting in marriage is not obeying. Submitting is willing. Obeying is by command. Maybe that's why you're confused.

I know what submit means:
to yield to governance or authority;
to yield oneself to the authority or will of another;
surrender;
to permit oneself to be subjected to something;
to defer to or consent to abide by the opinion or authority of another

Why doesn't the Bible tell husbands to submit to wives?
Don't you see the double standard?

That section, in context, says nothing about doing it due to love or force.
It gives no disclaimer concerning circumstances in which that wife does not feel love. She is still to obey.

I find it interesting that it does not give instruction concerning whether or not the husband is to obey the wife. The husband is head of the wife. They are not equals.

Anyway, obedience is to be done.

You just changed words. It does not say "to obey". It says "to submit". Submitting in marriage is not obeying. Submitting is willing. Obeying is by command. Maybe that's why you're confused.

surrender;

Does the church submit to Christ and Christ submit to the church? Nope. The passage is clear. The wife is to submit to the husband like the church submits to Christ. Christianity is not PC compliant. Men and women are not the same in a marriage so they could hardly have the same roles.

surrender;

Men and women are not the same in a marriage so they could hardly have the same roles.

Men and women are the same in almost every marriage. The only difference (and it is an insignificant difference) is that the female gives birth and produces milk for the baby. Beyond that, they do have they same roles.

Read a traditional wedding vow.

Example: I , ________________, take you, _____________, to be my wife/husband; and I promise before God and these witnesses to be your loving and faithful husband/wife; in plenty and in want; in joy and in sorrow; in sickness and in health; as long as we both shall live.

Do you, _____________, take this woman/man, _______________, to be your wife/husband, according to God’s holy decree; do you promise to be to him/her a loving and loyal husband/wife, to cherish and keep her/him in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, to be faithful only to him/her as long as you both shall live?

Yet the Bible shows an unnecessary bias against women. Paul could have said that husbands are to be submissive to wives and wives are to be submissive to husbands.

Last edited:
So a christian wife has to "submit" to her husband's every (even perverted) sexual desire? Man, where do I sign up?

The fact is that Christians are not committing the violence of the OT today. Muslims are committing the violence of the Koran. Pretty simple. And don't reference Timothy McVeigh or any other nuts as their actions were not following the teachings of Christ.
What is wrong with following the commandments? Our justice system seems to find them right for our laws.

Absolutely, except in Uganda where the government wants to make homosexuality punishable by death because it says so in the Bible, a law that is very popular with the general population.

Christians are not committing the violence of the OT today. But they have in the past. The fact that aren't doing it today has more to do with the evolution of our society than it does religion.

Just a few generations ago, segregation was being preached as being moral and right in the pews of the South, rationalized by some churches that Jesus was white and segregation was okay in the bible. Now, is that a problem of the Christian religion or the society which practices the Christian religion? Or, was it the Christianity in the South, spearheaded primarily by blacks, which caused the downfall of segregation? FFS, the Christian Bob Jones University prohibited inter-racial dating until a decade ago. Is this Christian?

Now, if you have all those contradictions in Christianity, don't you think the same thing occurs in Islamic countries as well?

Point to NT chapter and verse that approves slavery. Just because it was "being preached" only means there were inaccurate interpretations of the Bible. As I previously stated, there are many who tout themselves as Christians that are not following the teachings of Christ. The left usually use those as their poster child for Christianity. I am speaking in current terms and the fact is Christians are not:
Muslims today shooting children in the back in Beslan.
Beslan school hostage crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Christians today are not stoning women to death because of adultery.
Iran To Stone Woman for Adultery
Muslims today cut off the nose of a woman in Turkey
Husband And Brother-In-Law Cut Off Turkish Woman's Nose - Instablogs
Muslims today cut off the nose and ear of a woman
"The Religion of Peace" cuts off a woman's nose and ears.... | As Maine Goes

And the list goes on and on if you care to research.

Tell me again about the comparisons today of Christians to Muslims

Point to NT chapter and verse that approves slavery.

None that I'm aware of, but I'm not making the argument that it does.

Just because it was "being preached" only means there were inaccurate interpretations of the Bible.

That's your interpretation. Others have a different interpretation.

As I previously stated, there are many who tout themselves as Christians that are not following the teachings of Christ. The left usually use those as their poster child for Christianity. I am speaking in current terms and the fact is Christians are not:
Muslims today shooting children in the back in Beslan.
Beslan school hostage crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Christians today are not stoning women to death because of adultery.
Iran To Stone Woman for Adultery
Muslims today cut off the nose of a woman in Turkey
Husband And Brother-In-Law Cut Off Turkish Woman's Nose - Instablogs
Muslims today cut off the nose and ear of a woman
"The Religion of Peace" cuts off a woman's nose and ears.... | As Maine Goes

And the list goes on and on if you care to research.

Tell me again about the comparisons today of Christians to Muslims

IMHO Our society is better and more advanced than the societies of Asia and Africa in general, regardless of the religion, whether its Islam, Hinduism or Christianity. This is because of culture in general, not religion, even though I think Christianity is a better religion than all the others. If I thought there was a better religion, I wouldn't be a Christian.

However, religions are interpreted by different people for different reasons, and have been so throughout time. Muslim fanatics are drawing on their interpretation of the Koran today in the same way that Christian fanatics have drawn on interpretations of the Bible in the past, and some are still doing today, such as the Ugandan Christians mentioned above. If you think God's word is timeless, you cannot whitewash the crimes by Christians of the past, or the present, while condemning the crimes by Muslims today. Either God's word is flawed, or man's interpretation of God's word is flawed. I choose the latter. But I don't get on my sanctimonious high horse and condemn the great religions of others while giving the practitioners of my own religion a pass.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back