The Changing Winds of Favor

Despite what people will insist upon reading this, we cannot now know how history will view the Trump presidency. Even with the torrid partisan animosity that was prevalent during his administration, W's legacy is being seen more favorably now than when he left office (the most hysterically biased and therefore irrelevant partisans aside). In the current political climate Lincoln, our greatest president, is now ridiculously vilified by some openly ignorant and/or racist idiots who know nothing about history but too much about hate and want to wax nostalgic over a so-called Confederacy that never really existed or socio-economic institutions that never should have existed. Lots of people seem to think JFK was some hero, despite his actual track record. Lots of people think Nixon was some villain, despite his actual record. Liberals, and even more than a few conservatives, have long spoken of FDR as some great president, but the more that his actual record becomes known and spoken of, the more that even usually unthinking liberals have felt the need to qualify their adoration of that scumbag.

So, who knows how the future will view these strange days we are living through?

FDR was a great President. Popularly elected by the people FOUR times. There's a reason for that. The people knew Republicans were criminals and failures, and held them accountable for their failure and criminality for the six decades up to that point of which they were 100% responsible for the failures of those times. Which was repeated in 2018 and 2020.

As for W. Bush and Nixon, the use of the word scumbag is an understatement.

The latest scumbags legacy is yet to be written, but it's started out as the worst of the worse, and a little primer as to where it's going is needed here.

FDR was a great President. Popularly elected by the people FOUR times.
not so unkotare -

they think fdr was the president of england ...

* the oriental's rice bowl must not have been properly cooked. for a long time. since birth.

You like to repeat that offensive LIE, but no I most unequivocally do not. I love America. I understand, appreciate and LOVE America. Playing the apologist for the abrogation of the most fundamental rights of Americans strongly suggests that YOU are the hater.
FDR was a racist tyrant that wanted to stack the Supreme Court so he could make his laws without any resistance, no matter how unConstitutional it was
In a majority opinion joined by five other justices, Associate Justice Hugo Black held that the need to protect against espionage by Japan outweighed the rights of Americans of Japanese descent. Black wrote that: "Korematsu was not excluded from the Military Area because of hostility to him or his race", but rather "because the properly constituted military authorities...decided that the military urgency of the situation demanded that all citizens of Japanese ancestry be segregated from the West Coast" during the war against Japan.
Roberts took issue with the dissent of Associate Justice Sonia Sotomayor, who likened the justification Roberts used in Trump v. Hawaii to the 1944 decision in Korematsu v. United States.

and today the same decision made during wwII was made again by trump ... so much for papa and unko and their love for republicans.

You like to repeat that offensive LIE, but no I most unequivocally do not. I love America. I understand, appreciate and LOVE America. Playing the apologist for the abrogation of the most fundamental rights of Americans strongly suggests that YOU are the hater.
FDR was a racist tyrant that wanted to stack the Supreme Court so he could make his laws without any resistance, no matter how unConstitutional it was
In a majority opinion joined by five other justices, Associate Justice Hugo Black held that the need to protect against espionage by Japan outweighed the rights of Americans of Japanese descent. Black wrote that: "Korematsu was not excluded from the Military Area because of hostility to him or his race", but rather "because the properly constituted military authorities...decided that the military urgency of the situation demanded that all citizens of Japanese ancestry be segregated from the West Coast" during the war against Japan.
Roberts took issue with the dissent of Associate Justice Sonia Sotomayor, who likened the justification Roberts used in Trump v. Hawaii to the 1944 decision in Korematsu v. United States.
and today the same decision made during wwII was made again by trump ... so much for papa and unko and their love for republicans.
Dumb ass, I don’t love Republicans, I hate them as much as Democrats. I haven’t voted for a Republican President since 2004 and regretted it. So how many Muslims were put into internment camps?

We were wrong during WWII, not sure why you think taking an American’s due process away is okay with you. I’m not sure why you would let people’s Constitutional rights be trampled and others it’s not okay. But I look at it as a moral issue, not a left or right political issue.

.....doesn't matter---there were Japanese spies--...

Not ONE Japanese American was ever convicted of espionage or sabotage during the war. Not ONE. Can't say the same for German Americans. That lowlife, piece of shit SOB fdr knew the Japanese American population did NOT represent a security risk. His own intelligence people told him so.
doesn't matter----YOU are the POS..

Tyrants love weaklings like you. In fact, they count on cowards like you who will turn a blind eye to the violation of their neighbor's rights again and again until it becomes their turn to go to the camps.
YOU are the POS

Why? Who did I throw into concentration camps?
they weren't concentration camps --just like police brutality and racism = BULLSHIT

Dumb ass, I don’t love Republicans, I hate them as much as Democrats. I haven’t voted for a Republican President since 2004 and regretted it. So how many Muslims were put into internment camps?

We were wrong during WWII, not sure why you think taking an American’s due process away is okay with you. I’m not sure why you would let people’s Constitutional rights be trampled and others it’s not okay. But I look at it as a moral issue, not a left or right political issue.
We were wrong during WWII,
absolutely, I agree - no one ever stands up to it - scuotus are the same and are enablers - using their false emergency acquiescence to bypass congressional appropriations to build the cowardly wall is one more example of their wilful and persistent neglect.

Using the correct term is not “hateful.”
It not the correct term

its a lie

as I pointed out no japanese in US custody was beheaded for not bowing to FDRs picture

if you want to see a real concentration camp look at japanese treatment of captured allied civilians

...........JFK was a lot better person than you are

That's quite an insult. How do you figure?
look at you!!!!!!!!!......you are on USMB and he was POTUS---getting all kinds of babe action

He is a "better person" because he cheated on his wife? Is that your standard?
it's not cheating ..men do it all the time.....you are jealous of him!!!!!

Violating your most sacred vow is not cheating? Is that really what you think?
get with reality---sex is a need--a physical need----stop living in fairytale land

So, just out of curiosity if a woman actually made the choice to marry someone like you, then you would be fine with them cheating on you in order to fulfill a "need"?

Interesting.
you people are DUMB!!! this is real life not Days of Our Lives

So, your answer is yes?

You would be fine with your spouse cheating on you because "it's real life"?

And you actually believe that to be normal?
I know you like men and not women

And you base that ASSumption on what?
Or are you projecting?
you don't like getting any action = fag

So you are stimulated by speculating about what other men like?

Are you a voyeur?
you people babble crap a lot

Which "people"? Sane ones?
YOU are a babble crapper

Why?

For asking you an honest question?
get in the REAL world---not your Fairytale Land

So in YOUR "real world" people have no regard for fidelity in a marriage?....and men aspire to be like a fictional secret agent.

LMAO!

If anything, are definately entertaining.

Mainly because you appear to actually believe some of what you state.
I knew you were a fag.....you see a woman and cry

No need to cry. Been married to the same woman for 45 years.l

look at you!!!!!!!!!......you are on USMB and he was POTUS---getting all kinds of babe action

get with reality---sex is a need--a physical need----stop living in fairytale land

So, just out of curiosity if a woman actually made the choice to marry someone like you, then you would be fine with them cheating on you in order to fulfill a "need"?

Interesting.

So, your answer is yes?

Or are you projecting?

Are you a voyeur?

YOU are a babble crapper

Why?

So in YOUR "real world" people have no regard for fidelity in a marriage?....and men aspire to be like a fictional secret agent.

LMAO!

Interesting.

So, your answer is yes?

Or are you projecting?

Are you a voyeur?

YOU are a babble crapper

Why?

LMAO!

You claiming to have the ability to determine if a complete stranger on the internet is a "fag", speaks volumes about your closet preferences.

LMAO!
you're a liar

We were wrong during WWII,
absolutely, I agree - no one ever stands up to it - scuotus are the same and are enablers - using their false emergency acquiescence to bypass congressional appropriations to build the cowardly wall is one more example of their wilful and persistent neglect.

And FDR will go down as being the racist who wanted to be king. He did away with due process for Americans based on race, except for white Germans, they weren’t supposedly a danger to America, just the Japanese. He tried to stack the Supreme Court with liberals however Congress was worried that the power grab would be to obvious and have serious repercussions with the voters. His not meeting with Jesse Owens was also because FDR would look bad to his white constituents. He also prolonged the depression, had it not been for WWII, the depression was going to linger. FDR was bad for America, we just accepted his rule.

Interesting.

So, your answer is yes?

Or are you projecting?

Are you a voyeur?

YOU are a babble crapper

Why?

LMAO!

No need to cry. Been married to the same woman for 45 years.l

Interesting.

So, your answer is yes?

Or are you projecting?

Are you a voyeur?

YOU are a babble crapper

Why?

LMAO!

Interesting.

So, your answer is yes?

Or are you projecting?

Are you a voyeur?

YOU are a babble crapper

Why?

LMAO!

You claiming to have the ability to determine if a complete stranger on the internet is a "fag", speaks volumes about your closet preferences.

LMAO!
you're a liar

Your hypersensitive response validates that the truth hurt your feelings.

LMAO!

FDR was not the sole voice for America

I regret that he used that term in light of german and japanese atrocities during WWII.

America did not run concentration camp.

We did not behead japanese internees if the failrd to bow to FDRs picture.

but the japanese did behead prisioners - even women

for you to stab your country in the back by using that term is unforgivable

Nixon did a great deal of good things for the Country before he slipped into paranoi. I am not sure why but Nixon was not a traitor to the Country. He resigned when he realized it was the end of the line. Of course we had Senators then with character and love of our Country.

JFK died much too soon to know what his potential was.

FDR was far from being what you say. He created programs that brought this Country back from starvation. Since I remember Roosevelt and the times I think I know what he was just a little better than you do! He led us through the last war we ever won. All this while being paralyzed in a wheel chair!

Trump has nothing at all for you to be proud of. Having parties and flyovers while hundreds die every day. He is a narcissistic monster still getting people stabbed and arrested to feed his childish ego. To even mention his name with those Presidents is a travesty!

Susan Estrich described Trump well as many decent Republicans have done and voted for Joe Biden, a decent man who has suffered. He knows what empathy is!

Trump is not responsible for the violence of his enemies.
Trump isn't responsible for anything.

Maryanne was blaming Trump for the violence of you people. That is bullshit and that you defend it, makes you an asshole liar.

Concentration Camp: A type of prison where large numbers of people who are not soldiers are forced to live during a time of war, usually in very bad conditions. ,

noun

1. a place where large numbers of people, especially political prisoners or members of persecuted minorities, are deliberately imprisoned in a relatively small area with inadequate facilities, sometimes to provide forced labor

noun
a guarded compound for the mass detention without hearings or the imprisonment without trial of civilians, as refugees, members of ethnic minorities, political opponents, etc.

Forum List

Back