The Changing Winds of Favor

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
Despite what people will insist upon reading this, we cannot now know how history will view the Trump presidency. Even with the torrid partisan animosity that was prevalent during his administration, W's legacy is being seen more favorably now than when he left office (the most hysterically biased and therefore irrelevant partisans aside). In the current political climate Lincoln, our greatest president, is now ridiculously vilified by some openly ignorant and/or racist idiots who know nothing about history but too much about hate and want to wax nostalgic over a so-called Confederacy that never really existed or socio-economic institutions that never should have existed. Lots of people seem to think JFK was some hero, despite his actual track record. Lots of people think Nixon was some villain, despite his actual record. Liberals, and even more than a few conservatives, have long spoken of FDR as some great president, but the more that his actual record becomes known and spoken of, the more that even usually unthinking liberals have felt the need to qualify their adoration of that scumbag.

So, who knows how the future will view these strange days we are living through?

Despite what people will insist upon reading this, we cannot now know how history will view the Trump presidency. Even with the torrid partisan animosity that was prevalent during his administration, W's legacy is being seen more favorably now than when he left office (the most hysterically biased and therefore irrelevant partisans aside). In the current political climate Lincoln, our greatest president, is now ridiculously vilified by some openly ignorant and/or racist idiots who know nothing about history but too much about hate and want to wax nostalgic over a so-called Confederacy that never really existed or socio-economic institutions that never should have existed. Lots of people seem to think JFK was some hero, despite his actual track record. Lots of people think Nixon was some villain, despite his actual record. Liberals, and even more than a few conservatives, have long spoken of FDR as some great president, but the more that his actual record becomes known and spoken of, the more that even usually unthinking liberals have felt the need to qualify their adoration of that scumbag.

So, who knows how the future will view these strange days we are living through?
The last month has cemented Trump's legacy.

Nixon did a great deal of good things for the Country before he slipped into paranoi. I am not sure why but Nixon was not a traitor to the Country. He resigned when he realized it was the end of the line. Of course we had Senators then with character and love of our Country.

JFK died much too soon to know what his potential was.

FDR was far from being what you say. He created programs that brought this Country back from starvation. Since I remember Roosevelt and the times I think I know what he was just a little better than you do! He led us through the last war we ever won. All this while being paralyzed in a wheel chair!

Trump has nothing at all for you to be proud of. Having parties and flyovers while hundreds die every day. He is a narcissistic monster still getting people stabbed and arrested to feed his childish ego. To even mention his name with those Presidents is a travesty!

Susan Estrich described Trump well as many decent Republicans have done and voted for Joe Biden, a decent man who has suffered. He knows what empathy is!

The last month has cemented Trump's legacy.
The last 4 years cemented his legacy. This just puts the cap on what a cruel, vicious piece of garbage Trump is.

Lincoln was not as great as many proclaim him to be but he was not the worst and Jimmy Carter hold that honor...

FDR was a Dictator that caused the Federal Government to add an amendment to make sure no one else was able to preside at 1600 Pennsylvania as long as he did...

Wilson was a bigoted racist that should be shun along with FDR...

Ike was the last great Republican and Jackson was the last great Democrat...

Many view the history of Presidents based on their political leaning and I view them based on what they accomplished as President.

Those defending FDR must remember FDR was a racist piece of trash that rode on the coattails of his cousin Teddy Roosevelt and came to power because of the Great Depression.

Many view LBJ as a horrible President because of him escalating the Vietnam War but if you subtract that one major mistake many would realize LBJ did a lot more than most Presidents did before and after him.

One poster noted Nixon and Nixon greatest mistake was not Watergate even though that was a big mistake but instead it was opening that door with China and his handling of the Vietnam conflict that resulted in a genocide in Cambodia...

As for Trump he will be remember for his turnovers in his cabinet and the Impeachment of him by the house but what will be missed when learning about him is Warp Speed and truthfully his handling of the Middle East.

I am not a fan of Trump and think he is worthless as tits on a boar but I will admit he did a few things correctly but not enough to make him even mediocre as a President...

In the end Trump legacy could be based on Warp Speed and if it keep on being a success him and those involved should get all the credit they deserve but only time will tell...

Oh, as for Dubya, well Nancy he sucked but I still have a beer with the putz while watching a football game with him but do not let him eat a pretzel unless it is a soft one!!!

Joe Biden, a decent man ? Lol
Has Joe ever been charged with anything? Trump has, many times and it is going to get much worse for him.

4 people stabbed in that crowd last night, 27 arrested. His last glory days coming to an end.

I notice you made no comment on my other post. GW Bush lied us into a 20 year war, sent us into the worst recession since the depression FDR had to dig us out of. But he did try to help the Auto Industry at the last then had the decency to go home, not speak out. He despises Trump, too. Cindy McCain endorsed Joe because she knew McCain’s life long friend was a good and decent man.

So debate that!

Lincoln was not as great as many proclaim him to be but he was not the worst and Jimmy Carter hold that honor...

FDR was a Dictator that caused the Federal Government to add an amendment to make sure no one else was able to preside at 1600 Pennsylvania as long as he did...

Many view the history of Presidents based on their political leaning and I view them based on what they accomplished as President.

Those defending FDR must remember FDR was a racist piece of trash that rode on the coattails of his cousin Teddy Roosevelt and came to power because of the Great Depression.

Many view LBJ as a horrible President because of him escalating the Vietnam War but if you subtract that one major mistake many would realize LBJ did a lot more than most Presidents did before and after him.

One poster noted Nixon and Nixon greatest mistake was not Watergate even though that was a big mistake but instead it was opening that door with China and his handling of the Vietnam conflict that resulted in a genocide in Cambodia...

As for Trump he will be remember for his turnovers in his cabinet and the Impeachment of him by the house but what will be missed when learning about him is Warp Speed and truthfully his handling of the Middle East.

I am not a fan of Trump and think he is worthless as tits on a boar but I will admit he did a few things correctly but not enough to make him even mediocre as a President...

In the end Trump legacy could be based on Warp Speed and if it keep on being a success him and those involved should get all the credit they deserve but only time will tell...

Oh, as for Dubya, well Nancy he sucked but I still have a beer with the putz while watching a football game with him but do not let him eat a pretzel unless it is a soft one!!!

I do not remember FDR. I listened to his Sunday night Fireside chats. I also watched the many programs he put in place to help the young men who did not have jobs. As child I watched those young men plant saplings all over Southern Ohio that are huge forests today. I saw them come home with money in their pockets. I watched the men on the WPA build our highways, dams and infrastructure.

Not sure where you get the racist bit from. Eleanor was shy but she went out and did the things her paralyzed husband could not.

I have always given IKE credit for the Interstate Highways that cut travel time in half. He was asked to run by both parties.

LBJ was a tyrant but he knew how to get things done in Congress. He created Medicare and Civil Rights.

I do not remember FDR. I listened to his Sunday night Fireside chats. I also watched the many programs he put in place to help the young men who did not have jobs. As child I watched those young men plant saplings all over Southern Ohio that are huge forests today. I saw them come home with money in their pockets. I watched the men on the WPA build our highways, dams and infrastructure.

Not sure where you get the racist bit from. Eleanor was shy but she went out and did the things her paralyzed husband could not.

I have always given IKE credit for the Interstate Highways that cut travel time in half. He was asked to run by both parties.

LBJ was a tyrant but he knew how to get things done in Congress. He created Medicare and Civil Rights.

FDR treatment of Japanese Americans during World War II should make you ashamed of even thinking he was a decent President...

LBJ was no more of a tyrant than Nixon when it came to the Vietnam protests...

As I wrote had it not been for his escalation of the Vietnam Conflict LBJ would be viewed in a more favorable light...

Nixon did a great deal of good things for the Country before he slipped into paranoi. I am not sure why but Nixon was not a traitor to the Country. He resigned when he realized it was the end of the line. Of course we had Senators then with character and love of our Country.

FDR was far from being what you say. He created programs that brought this Country back from starvation. Since I remember Roosevelt and the times I think I know what he was just a little better than you do! He led us through the last war we ever won. All this while being paralyzed in a wheel chair!

Trump has nothing at all for you to be proud of. Having parties and flyovers while hundreds die every day. He is a narcissistic monster still getting people stabbed and arrested to feed his childish ego. To even mention his name with those Presidents is a travesty!

Susan Estrich described Trump well as many decent Republicans have done and voted for Joe Biden, a decent man who has suffered. He knows what empathy is!

Pedo joe is not a decent man.

Unkotare, this current era is destined to go down in history as either the "Gullible Era(G/E) or the Narcissist Era(N/E). I recently came up with a modified former song title to describe the current situation of our USA; "The Day The Republic Died". It has been painfully obvious to me for quite some time & ESPECIALLY @ current that there are Puppet Masters(P/Ms) behind the stage curtain that our elected(?) profe$$ional politician$ are dancing in front of. I do not know who the P/Ms are but considering the entire planet is off kilter currently I would say the International Banking Cartel(IBC) may be working through the Deep State stooges??? I cannot say this with any validity what so ever so I am just using the IBC as the best guess that I could come up with. I AM sure of the following; there is something BIG cooking on the international scene but whatever it is it appears to be 101% leak proof.

As you were saying about the President, it was Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi who were eating at fancy restaurants without social distancing while you prog slaves were told to shut up and hunker down in your basement because you were told to. Just look at what the progs say about the Republicans and it is the prog Democrats who are doing it...

Hope you get a visit from one of those released criminals that the Progressive Governors have let loose, karma is a bitch...

FDR treatment of Japanese Americans during World War II should make you ashamed of even thinking he was a decent President...

As I wrote had it not been for his escalation of the Vietnam Conflict LBJ would be viewed in a more favorable light...
The American people were scared to death of Japanese after Pearl Harbor. It may seem that way today but then the fear was real.

BTW, I knew the Japanese woman who lobbied for a settlement. They received $20,000 each. She was married to a Parartrooper friend of mine.

Both LbJ and Nixon were wrong on Vietnam. Nixon prolonged it to stay in power. LBJ had the decency not to run again.

So to the present, will we ever got out of the Middle East caused by the lie of a war Bush, Cheney and the Media lied us into? 20 years is long enough but there are always those who say, just a little more.

I do not believe in Nationalism. We need to trade with the world. I do think the Military needs to be cut back.

The vaccine is now rolling out. We can give the hated American Pharmaceutical Companies for this!

Last edited:
W's legacy is being seen more favorably now than when he left office

well i'll grant you that UnKotare

i never thought i'd actually miss him...
1607861543575.png

~S~

As you were saying about the President, it was Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi who were eating at fancy restaurants without social distancing while you prog slaves were told to shut up and hunker down in your basement because you were told to. Just look at what the progs say about the Republicans and it is the prog Democrats who are doing it...

Hope you get a visit from one of those released criminals that the Progressive Governors have let loose, karma is a bitch...
You are really desperate aren’t you? Did you attended the Grand March yesterday where your Grand Poobah made a flyover at our expense?

You are really desperate aren’t you? Did you attended the Grand March yesterday where your Grand Poobah made a flyover at our expense?
Only racist pricks are you and your leader Joe XiBiden, who if you didnt vote for Joe you arent black enough, and black are super predators. Maybe while you are walking down the street some thug is going to just put the hate on you and punch you to the ground.

---

I live in what is designated as the safest city. My Poilce Force and Fire Department are right there to check.

Are you scared?

Only racist pricks are you and your leader Joe XiBiden, who if you didnt vote for Joe you arent black enough, and black are super predators. Maybe while you are walking down the street some thug is going to just put the hate on you and punch you to the ground.

---

My black neighbors and friends are just like me. Honest, law abiding, family oriented good people.

Did you live then? If not you have no idea how people felt.

Forum List

Back