the case of Troy Davis shows exactly why the dealth pentalty should be banned

Ga inmate's execution nears; protests worldwide - Yahoo! News

complete bullshit, an innocent man will die tonight because of a corrupt govenrment

Troy Davis is not innocent. It astounds me how people that don't know anything about this case are all of a sudden up in arms. Countless witnesses testified they had seen Davis shoot that police officer, and two others testified that Davis personally confessed to them, and years later some, not all, changed their stories. These people should be charged with perjury and put in a cell right next to this murderer.

Not to mention he has lost every appeal and subsequent court hearings. He has been convicted three times.

But you are an expert and know definitively that Davis is innocent. What is complete bullshit is your feigning outrage at something that you read on a blog recently.

Interestingly, in 'civilized' Europe... ordinary people are pleading with their governments to re-instate it. Go figure.

I suppose from an intellectual argument point of view, I would oppose the death penalty. I'm for government being as limited as possible and the idea of the state executing its citizens just doesn't sit right with me. That said, I'm not for giving murderers anything other than 24 hour lock down. The idea a child or cop killer watching cable TV, interacting with other inmates, receiving visitors, getting an education, working out, etc while in jail sickens me. It's supposed to be punishment for heaven's sake!

From a personal, gut feeling point of view, I find it hard to muster much sympathy for the execution of someone that is clearly guilty of murder in the first degree. I guess at the end of the day, I really don't care about the scumbag.

Either way, I think we have far more important issues to deal with than the death penalty. Just my two cents...

He was there.

Ballistics evidence common to two cases tied to Davis tends to establish that it was Davis.

He confessed.

And despite all of this, there is a claim that his lawyers fucked up (somehow) by having 7 blacks on the jury. I'm not sure what the fuck to make of THAT claim.

If he wins a stay of execution, again, it has to be on grounds other than "actual innocence." There is not much reason to consider him "innocent" in this case.

Not to mention that it is a fact that the shell casings recovered at the scene matched the casings recovered from a previous shooting earlier in the evening to which Davis was present for, but this man is innocent because you read it on Amnesty International that would have everyone believe America only executes innocent people.

His own family member said he shot that father of two. Oh, but after testifying and having Davis found guilty then he wants to turn around and say it was all a misunderstanding.

Davis is the only one with motive as well. The other person that now all the witnesses say did it had zero motive.

It is a fact that Davis was present for both shootings that night. The shell casings from both shootings matched, and they both came from the same .38 caliber. The common denominator? Troy Davis.

Davis was also at the scene of the beating of Larry Young, the homeless man in the parking lot the night of MacPhail's death and the person he was trying to assist.

And after the two shootings that night what did innocent Troy Davis do? He drove straight to Atlanta, 4 hour drive 248 miles, in the wee hours of the morning. Complete coincidence that he fled after the murder of two men.

This isn't about the innocence of Troy Davis, because only morons are out there saying he is innocent. This is about the death penalty, and these same retards would be saying the same damn thing about any child rapist, cop murderer, ect that is sentenced to death.

Hey blu, can you name me one person that was executed that was later exonerated? ONE?

Last edited:
Not to mention that it is a fact that the shell casings recovered at the scene matched the casings recovered from a previous shooting earlier in the evening to which Davis was present for, but this man is innocent because you read it on Amnesty International that would have everyone believe America only executes innocent people.

His own family member said he shot that father of two. Oh, but after testifying and having Davis found guilty then he wants to turn around and say it was all a misunderstanding.

Davis is the only one with motive as well. The other person that now all the witnesses say did it had zero motive.

It is a fact that Davis was present for both shootings that night. The shell casings from both shootings matched, and they both came from the same .38 caliber. The common denominator? Troy Davis.

Davis was also at the scene of the beating of Larry Young, the homeless man in the parking lot the night of MacPhail's death and the person he was trying to assist.

And after the two shootings that night what did innocent Troy Davis do? He drove straight to Atlanta, 4 hour drive 248 miles, in the wee hours of the morning. Complete coincidence that he fled after the murder of two men.

This isn't about the innocence of Troy Davis, because only morons are out there saying he is innocent. This is about the death penalty, and these same retards would be saying the same damn thing about any child rapist, cop murderer, ect that is sentenced to death.

Hey blu, can you name me one person that was executed that was later exonerated? ONE?

Wrongful execution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There IS presidence. Not many, it's very very rare that they get it wrong. Or are at least proven to get it wrong.

There IS presidence. Not many, it's very very rare that they get it wrong. Or are at least proven to get it wrong.

I asked for one case that was proven an innocent man was executed, and that Wikipedia page doesn't have one.

I should also clarify modern history.

Still waiting.

complete bullshit, an innocent man will die tonight because of a corrupt govenrment

Troy Davis is not innocent. It astounds me how people that don't know anything about this case are all of a sudden up in arms. Countless witnesses testified they had seen Davis shoot that police officer, and two others testified that Davis personally confessed to them, and years later some, not all, changed their stories. These people should be charged with perjury and put in a cell right next to this murderer.

Not to mention he has lost every appeal and subsequent court hearings. He has been convicted three times.

But you are an expert and know definitively that Davis is innocent. What is complete bullshit is your feigning outrage at something that you read on a blog recently.
I understand that most of those people that testified against him recanted their testimony. And of the two that didn't, one of them is suspected by some of being the murderer.

I asked for one case that was proven an innocent man was executed, and that Wikipedia page doesn't have one.

Still waiting.

Nice dodge there. Almost got hit with the evidence you wanted.

Don't like being proven wrong though, do you?

Still waiting.

That IS what he asked for. He didn't get it.

He's not been proved wrong.

OTOH, there HAVE been cases where a guy who got convicted of a capital crime and who got the death sentence was subsequently shown to be NOT guilty. Thankfully, in those cases, the condemned prisoner had not gotten executed.

I understand that most of those people that testified against him recanted their testimony. And of the two that didn't, one of them is suspected by some of being the murderer.

Yes, they were all mistaken. His cousin that testified Davis confessed, mistaken. They were all just pressured by police to testify, perjury rather that they saw Davis shoot that police officer.

Wait ! you citicize people for being up in arms and not knowing but you make an absolute statement that Troy Davis is not innocent? Were you there? And if the police intimidated witnesses it should be the police put in jail.

Yes, they were all mistaken. His cousin that testified Davis confessed, mistaken. They were all just pressured by police to testify, perjury rather that they saw Davis shoot that police officer.

I'm sorry that you don't understand the definition of recanted. There is enough doubt that it will be criminal to execute him. Well, IMO, it is criminal to allow the state to execute anyone.

But then, I'm not a big government supporter.

Still waiting.

That IS what he asked for. He didn't get it.

He's not been proved wrong.

OTOH, there HAVE been cases where a guy who got convicted of a capital crime and who got the death sentence was subsequently shown to be NOT guilty. Thankfully, in those cases, the condemned prisoner had not gotten executed.

There is a very clear example from the UK that the execution of a man was shown to be wrongful after his death. It's why they no longer have the death penalty.

Wait ! you citicize people for being up in arms and not knowing but you make an absolute statement that Troy Davis is not innocent? Were you there? And if the police intimidated witnesses it should be the police put in jail.

What I am saying is: based on the evidence and the numerous court proceedings and subsequent appeals, Troy Davis is guilty.

This case isn't about Davis, rather it is about the death penalty. The detractors of the death penalty will defend any and all convicted murders, rapists, child molester--all of the scum of the Earth based solely on their objections to the death penalty. Read the Wikipedia page and tell me it isn't biased toward Davis. Troy Davis case - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was born and raised in Atlanta and have followed this case for years, and it is irritating to me that so many people are now coming out and making statements that Davis is innocent when all evidence says otherwise.

Why isn't anyone interviewing the children, now adults that had their father taken from them?

I'm sure you don't watch Atlanta local news, but recently there have been charges of racism. That's right it is all racially motivated.

I'm sorry that you don't understand the definition of recanted. There is enough doubt that it will be criminal to execute him. Well, IMO, it is criminal to allow the state to execute anyone.

Recantations are generally not worth all that much.*

IF your theory of criminal justice were ever to hold sway, there would be no such thing as a death penalty, since to get it negated, all anybody would ever have to do is get any witness to publicly SAY that he or she was "recanting" what they'd previously testified to under oath.

BTW: the concept of "big government" does not entail the power that a government might have, under law, to sanction criminals convicted of crimes.

Raving Hypocrite, you ARE a big government supporter. You just quibble about the scope of governmental power in SOME respects when it suits your political ideology.

_________
* For example:
* * * * Post-trial recantations of testimony are "looked upon with the utmost suspicion." Johnson, 487 F.2d at 1279 (citations omitted); see also United States v. DiPaolo, 835 F.2d 46, 49 (2d Cir. 1987) (same); United States v. Castano, 756 F.Supp. 820, 824 (S.D. N.Y. 1991) * * * *
Excerpted from U.S. v. Green, 4 F.3d 987 (4th Cir., 1993).

He's guilty enough to be imprisoned for the rest of his life but not to be executed. So how guilty but not really guilty is that exactly? Damn you're fucking stupid.

Recantations are generally not worth all that much.*

IF your theory of criminal justice were ever to hold sway, there would be no such thing as a death penalty, since to get it negated, all anybody would ever have to do is get any witness to publicly SAY that he or she was "recanting" what they'd previously testified to under oath.

BTW: the concept of "big government" does not entail the power that a government might have, under law, to sanction criminals convicted of crimes.

Raving Hypocrite, you ARE a big government supporter. You just quibble about the scope of governmental power in SOME respects when it suits your political ideology.

_________
* For example:
* * * * Post-trial recantations of testimony are "looked upon with the utmost suspicion." Johnson, 487 F.2d at 1279 (citations omitted); see also United States v. DiPaolo, 835 F.2d 46, 49 (2d Cir. 1987) (same); United States v. Castano, 756 F.Supp. 820, 824 (S.D. N.Y. 1991) * * * *
Excerpted from U.S. v. Green, 4 F.3d 987 (4th Cir., 1993).
Coerced testimony should also be looked upon with the utmost suspicion.

And yes, allowing the government to execute people is the ultimate expression of big government.

He's guilty enough to be imprisoned for the rest of his life but not to be executed. So how guilty but not really guilty is that exactly? Damn you're fucking stupid.
Nah, I wouldn't touch you with Glen Rice's penis. :eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back