The Bush Economic Record

Careful - Dems are saying the economy stinks

Reagan proved tax cuts work and now Pres Bush is doing it again

I am not saying the economy stinks at all. Debate with ME and nto with these unnamed democrats. Debate my words with your words if you dare.

I point out that the cost of the war is not included in the federal budget and the cost of the war - along with the cost of the federal budget - outstrips our increased revenues. YOu cannot dispute that, so you run away from it.

I am not saying the economy stinks at all. Debate with ME and nto with these unnamed democrats. Debate my words with your words if you dare.

I point out that the cost of the war is not included in the federal budget and the cost of the war - along with the cost of the federal budget - outstrips our increased revenues. YOu cannot dispute that, so you run away from it.

If you listen the liberal media and the Dems - they keep preaching the doom and gloom message

Now Dems want to fuck up the economy with higher taxes

Typical of the liberal mind - all money is governments money

If you listen the liberal media and the Dems - they keep preaching the doom and gloom message

Now Dems want to fuck up the economy with higher taxes

Typical of the liberal mind - all money is governments money

listen to ME....debate ME....I am sont saying anything about the doom and gloom of out economy. WHy do you run away from any one on one debate with me - my words against your words?

listen to ME....debate ME....I am sont saying anything about the doom and gloom of out economy. WHy do you run away from any one on one debate with me - my words against your words?

I saw the happy headlines when the Dow fell over 400 points in one day

How the liberal media is playing up high gas prices

The liberal media is asking if a record Dow mis good for America

Yes, the left is very upset over the good Bush economy

You may not be - but your fellow libs are

I saw the happy headlines when the Dow fell over 400 points in one day

How the liberal media is playing up high gas prices

The liberal media is asking if a record Dow mis good for America

Yes, the left is very upset over the good Bush economy

You may not be - but your fellow libs are

I am not writing headlines I am not the media. debate me.... if you dare.

Once again, the facts are getting to you

The tax cuts are doing what they do best - causing economic growth

the economy is growing. we both can agree on that..... the impact that tax cuts have on that growth is not so easily agreed upon nor quantified....so we can't completely agree on that....

what we cannot even discuss, because you run away from it, is the fact that the cost of the war is not being covered by increased tax revenues... it is off budget and is all red ink.

the economy is growing. we both can agree on that..... the impact that tax cuts have on that growth is not so easily agreed upon nor quantified....so we can't completely agree on that....

what we cannot even discuss, because you run away from it, is the fact that the cost of the war is not being covered by increased tax revenues... it is off budget and is all red ink.

Tax cuts are the reason for the growth of the economy

History proves it

JFK, Reagan, Pres Bush

Tax cuts are the reason for the growth of the economy

History proves it

JFK, Reagan, Pres Bush

tax cuts are part of the reason.... we certainly have had periods of robust economic growth coupled with higher taxes.... I would point you to the post-WWII and post Korean War growth records...and ask you to examine the tax rates in place then.

and I repeat:

tax cuts are part of the reason.... we certainly have had periods of robust economic growth coupled with higher taxes.... I would point you to the post-WWII and post Korean War growth records...and ask you to examine the tax rates in place then.

and I repeat:

So you support the $400 billion tax increase the Dems voted for?

Why not go back to the days of Peanut Carter where the top rate was 90%

At least got on the same subject. It's amazing how you two can have conversation when you're each talking about completely different subject.

RSR is talking about the economy and not really about the war budget.

MM is talking about the war budget and not really the economy.

I see to some extent what MM is getting at in that we are essentially writing blank checks for the war at this point, but that doesn't have a lot to do with the economic measures that have been taken.....yet.

Yet, because at some point this war will have to paid for (speaking strictly monetarily of course). The question is one in what way is that going to catch up with Americans in the pocket book.

At times I do feel bad for Bush that 9/11 happened on his watch. As Gov. of Texas he had an excellent understanding of economic policy. But the number one issue at the American forefront is a foreign policy one. Something Bush was never and has shown isn't very good at. He could have had an almost Reaganesque presidency if not for 9/11 IMO. He got caught at a time as President where his weakest assetts were brought to the forefront and the work done with his best assetts have logically swept under the rug or gone under used.

Any discussion of the Bush economic record that completely ignores the cost of the war in Iraq and its long term effects on our economy is too limited in its scope to be of any value other than for republicans to congratulate themselves about something good they have done while ignoring something very very very bad that they have done. To say we have a "budget surplus" when the cost of the war is not considered part of the budget is insulting.

Any discussion of the Bush economic record that completely ignores the cost of the war in Iraq and its long term effects on our economy is too limited in its scope to be of any value other than for republicans to congratulate themselves about something good they have done while ignoring something very very very bad that they have done. To say we have a "budget surplus" when the cost of the war is not considered part of the budget is insulting.

What is insulting is how libs were ranting how the tax cuts would wreck the economy - and they did the exact opposite

that is your opinion. I stated what I found insulting.... do you have an answer to that?

I am glad that Wall Street is doing well. My stock portfolio does also. I only point out that the increased government revenues that create this budget surplus you crow about do not take into account the cost of the war, which is OFF BUDGET and means that the net is negative..... we are going deeply into debt to fund this war.

I am glad that Wall Street is doing well. My stock portfolio does also. I only point out that the increased government revenues that create this budget surplus you crow about do not take into account the cost of the war, which is OFF BUDGET and means that the net is negative..... we are going deeply into debt to fund this war.

Libs are very depressed. The economy ios doing well, inflation in check, unemployment rate is good, corporate profits are high, bussiness are expanding, and the government is taking in record tax reciepts

All this because of the Bush tax cuts libs said would wreck the US economy

Did you read what I wrote? I said I was happy about Wall Street..... can you ever debate what I say instead of just blasting "libs" in general with no specifics?

Forum List

Back