The BLM movement has become a joke

Okay so the official platform of this movement has become a push for reparations from slavery and compensation for past "food insecurity". As a liberal, I find this nauseating. Not only are such demands unrealistic, but they are undeserving. This movement does nothing to dispel the perception of the rightwing that black people want "free shit". I personally don't think black people in general want "free shit", but clearly this platform feeds into that stereotypical narrative.

If the BLM was smart, they would push for much needed reform in police training and institutional racism nationwide. That's it. Nothing more. Those issues are the extent of my sympathy for their cause. Instead, their focus is getting free shit. They can't expect the right to take them seriously if they don't push for an agenda that is fair and deserving to an entire race of people.

It's important to note that MLK never asked for such things. His movement had realistic and valid goals. Why don't they look to him as an example?

BLM has been co-opted by the Hard Left, just like the Occupy movement was, and the Anti-Bush/Anti War movement before it. If you real the points in the rest of the platform, its the same old school red level crap we saw from the other movements.

Okay so the official platform of this movement has become a push for reparations from slavery and compensation for past "food insecurity". As a liberal, I find this nauseating. Not only are such demands unrealistic, but they are undeserving. This movement does nothing to dispel the perception of the rightwing that black people want "free shit". I personally don't think black people in general want "free shit", but clearly this platform feeds into that stereotypical narrative.

If the BLM was smart, they would push for much needed reform in police training and institutional racism nationwide. That's it. Nothing more. Those issues are the extent of my sympathy for their cause. Instead, their focus is getting free shit. They can't expect the right to take them seriously if they don't push for an agenda that is fair and deserving to an entire race of people.

It's important to note that MLK never asked for such things. His movement had realistic and valid goals. Why don't they look to him as an example?

That a group organized by blacks pushes for this refutes the claim that it's a stereotypical narrative. It proves the claim and defeats the defense that it's only a perception.

As a Liberal, you're to blame for it.

BLM was always a joke, and a racist group. I don't know if the OP is white, but if he/she is then BLM doesn't want advice from you. They just want their free shit.

They came out with their list of 10 or 11 specific changes that they want to see, and that was a good thing because it provided clarity for discussion. The problem is that, with any protest-based "movement" like this, the "protest" part can pretty easily make it look bad. By the time the specifics came out, the "sides" were pretty much set in stone. Once people start screaming, it only goes downhill from there.

Seems to me this would have been far more effective (and less of a target) if it had just started out as an ideas-based "movement". Hindsight is 20/20, of course.

Come to think of it, it could still happen, maybe not in the BLM form. We need ideas and conversation, not screaming.

Idea based movement?

Like the modern KKK?

Do you understand that their "ideas" are perhaps even more terrible than the way of accomplishing them.
In order for any progress and/or improvement to occur in any issue, ideas and rational conversation must be at the foundation.

Dismissing an entire set of ideas out of hand without communication is a sure way to fail.

We need more ideas and communication, fewer closed minds.

No, stupid people just need to STFU

Look where they started. The whole premise was a lie with the "hands up don't shoot" crap, which even Holders witch hunt couldn't make true.

The fact that these N words formed from the Ferguson lie pushed by obama, eric holder, and all of the democrats should have been the "clue" what this was all about.

They pushed a racial divide narrative as they always do. Now there are left wing morons waking up to the truth.

This pathetic version of frankensteins monster is one of two legacies that this pathetic skinny smoking lying snake should be known for. Isis (not ISIL morons) and blm are both his fault. All his fault. Therefore it is every left wingers fault.

No exceptions.

Forum List

Back