The blackest black

If it absorbs 99.9% of the light, then what does it do with that energy? Heat? Is there some way to put in a substrate that would convert a large portion of that captured energy into electricity?

I suspect we are going to find some uses for that material that are way out there. As soon as it is reduced in cost.

If it absorbs 99.9% of the light, then what does it do with that energy? Heat? Is there some way to put in a substrate that would convert a large portion of that captured energy into electricity?

Too bad I can't give you dork prize for fantasizing about the world's most expensive, yet inefficient, solar panel, .

No, crazies, this isn't a thread about race, go away.

This material absorbs 99.98% of all light. Made with nanotechnology, it reflects virtually zero light, and one of its applications is to help us see deeper into space.

And for totally true black there is always the deep space of the night sky.

However the blackest of black on this Earth comes from the Congo.

It's obviously black for the visible spectrum. I wonder how black it is toward the deep infrared, and past the ultraviolet. My guess is that it would be very absorbent there because of the physical nature of the nanotubes.

No, crazies, this isn't a thread about race, go away.

This material absorbs 99.98% of all light. Made with nanotechnology, it reflects virtually zero light, and one of its applications is to help us see deeper into space.

And here I thought this was going to be about Wesley Snipes....

Forum List

Back