The Bible doesn't consistently condemn homosexuality?

Nope.. People in the ancient world married young and started families.. The great ages attribute to the patriarchs are an error in counting years versus counting sheaves of grain.. To live to be 90 was a great old age.

Can you read Hebrew?

If you have a point, just make it. PS..all the ancient texts weren't written in "Hebrew"...they were written in Ancient Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek.

The introduction to Cain murdering Abel uses the word Kaytz.
This word indicates many years had passed, not just the couple of days inferred by the King James Bible.
Such an introduction infers that a lot had occurred between the prior events and the murder, including Cain being able to marry a daughter or grand daughter of Abel.

Insofar as Adam and Eve go, the inclusion of Lilith fills in some gaps. In folklore, and other faiths, after Adam, it's said G-d made Lilith in the same fashion as Adam (as opposed to from Adam himself.) But being his equal, she refused to submit to him for sex so she rebelled. The stories go on to say she set up home somewhere where she pursued sexual liasons with other people. So this suggests there were other people though Genesis itself doesn't mention them. Better detailed account available here if so inclined:

Lilith

Without learning about extant religions paralelling Judaism (when Genesis were being written) Judaism on its own wont make much sense. Once you realize the world was populated by then and not limited to people around the Mediterranean area, things make a lot more sense.

Lilith is interesting because the mythos goes that Adam and Eve were separated for 130 years during which time Adam cohabited with Lilith and gave birth to demons.. And of course there is the story that Adam and Eve were 90 feet tall..

In fact.. the tomb of Mother Eve in Jeddah is 100 feet long and extremely narrow ... But Muslims giggle when they relate this myth.

The fact that there was a talking serpent indicates that there were already other people in the world, low-lifes maybe, but people. Even the fact that Cain was worried that someone might kill him after being cursed by God indicates that there were already other people.

This shows that the formation of Adam from the dust of the earth into a living being is about Adam being taught by God how to become more than an unthinking lower beast like those who already populated the earth and had the form and shape of a man but an intelligence just slightly above that of a monkey..

Cain and Abel were old by our standards when the murder occurred.
It is quite possible that Cain married one of his siblings or Abel's daughter or grand daughter.

The intelligence of the serpent does not infer that any other non-humans were able to speak.

Nope.. People in the ancient world married young and started families.. The great ages attribute to the patriarchs are an error in counting years versus counting sheaves of grain.. To live to be 90 was a great old age.

yes, again. If they followed a lunar calendar then methuselah lived to be about 81 years old, probably more than twice the average life span, and it took Noah ten years to build the ark. Much more believable.

Can you read Hebrew?

If you have a point, just make it. PS..all the ancient texts weren't written in "Hebrew"...they were written in Ancient Hebrew, Aramaic, and Ancient Greek.

Many of the names are Aramaic, as this was the language of Mesopotamia.
There is a bit of Coptic here and there as this was the language of diplomacy.
The great majority of the Torah, Prophecies and Writings are Hebrew.

The Mishnah and Talmud are Aramaic very closely bound to the eras in which they occurred.
For instance, 19th, 20th and 21th century English have some nuances in what "standard" words mean.

Show me the incest.
Cain's children had sex with Abel's children and vice versa.
Ever hear of uncle's and aunts?

And you'll have to be VERY precise with your verses cause I can read the original; and I don't mean the Greek, which, by the way, ISN'T the original language of Genesis.
Top 6 Incestuous Relationships In The Bible - Listverse

:lol::lol:

The first claim is already wrong.
As I said, if you can't read the verses in their original language, you are not qualified to make a claim.
Abel married Cain's sister, not his own sister.

Now try doing this without mindlessly copying and pasting other people's errors.
love when you rationalize

Cain was the first born son of Adam and Eve, and Abel was the second. In Genesis 4 we read how Cain kills his brother and is sent east of Eden where he marries a woman and “lays” with her. Because Adam and Eve were the first humans – from whom all people come – Cain’s wife was his sister – and, consequently, all of the early Biblical relationships were incestuous (with the exception of Adam and Eve)

Last edited:

As I said, if you can't read the verses in their original language, you are not qualified to make a claim.

Now try doing this without mindlessly copying and pasting other people's errors.

Cain was the first born son of Adam and Eve, and Abel was the second. In Genesis 4 we read how Cain kills his brother and is sent east of Eden where he marries a woman and “lays” with her. Because Adam and Eve were the first humans – from whom all people come – Cain’s wife was his sister – and, consequently, all of the early Biblical relationships were incestuous (with the exception of Adam and Eve)

16 hours furiously spent trying to prove I'm incorrect and that's the best you can do?

Abel and Cain are brothers. how can one marry the others sister without marrying his own sister? not following there.

Actually, I did err.
Adam had sex with himself as Eve was formed from his rib.
God's first criticism of sexual misconduct occurs before the flood.
The criticism is the taking of other people's wives along with an allusion to beastiality.
Incest becomes forbidden to Noah and his descendants.
King David is the eventual result of an incestuous encounter between Lot and his daughter.
There is more to this than meets the eye and I have to do research.
yep talking out your ass...

And the verses that prove me wrong are where?

16 hours furiously spent trying to prove I'm incorrect and that's the best you can do?
another drama queen on these threads!
it appears you spent the last 16 hrs talking shit...furiously....
It is and was unnecessary to disprove your inaccurate yammering since I was correct in the first place..
if you had any dignity you'd apologize.

Actually, I did err.
Adam had sex with himself as Eve was formed from his rib.
God's first criticism of sexual misconduct occurs before the flood.
The criticism is the taking of other people's wives along with an allusion to beastiality.
Incest becomes forbidden to Noah and his descendants.
King David is the eventual result of an incestuous encounter between Lot and his daughter.
There is more to this than meets the eye and I have to do research.
yep talking out your ass...

And the verses that prove me wrong are where?
asked and answered.. you fucked up now live with it...

Paul chose his words carefuly to speak out against Homosexuality from the New Testament

Paul chose two words in the New Testament that specify what the Old Testament meant from Leviticus 18.

Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it [is] abomination.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders

1 Corinthians 6:10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

homosexuals, g733 ἀρσενοκοίτης arsenokoitēs

The word for Homosexuals or “arsenokoitēs” is made up of two words. It is from ἄρρην (G730) and κοίτη (G2845).

G730 – arrēn means “male”. G2845 – koitē means “bed”.

So the term “nor homosexual offenders” means “nor male in bed” and is a reference to Leviticus 18:22.

Leviticus 18:22 "'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable. (NIV)

Links:

BLB - Lev 18: Law of Moses - Leviticus 18 (Blue Letter Bible: KJV - King James Version)

BLB - 1Cr 6: Paul's Epistle - 1 Corinthians 6 (Blue Letter Bible: KJV - King James Version)

Greek Lexicon :: G733 (KJV)

Greek Lexicon :: G730 (KJV)

Greek Lexicon :: G2845 (KJV)

Copyright Information, New International Version (NIV)

THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV®

Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society®

Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Paul chose his words carefuly to speak out against Homosexuality from the New Testament

Paul chose two words in the New Testament that specify what the Old Testament meant from Leviticus 18.

Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it [is] abomination.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders

1 Corinthians 6:10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

homosexuals, g733 ἀρσενοκοίτης arsenokoitēs

The word for Homosexuals or “arsenokoitēs” is made up of two words. It is from ἄρρην (G730) and κοίτη (G2845).

G730 – arrēn means “male”. G2845 – koitē means “bed”.

So the term “nor homosexual offenders” means “nor male in bed” and is a reference to Leviticus 18:22.

Leviticus 18:22 "'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable. (NIV)

Links:

BLB - Lev 18: Law of Moses - Leviticus 18 (Blue Letter Bible: KJV - King James Version)

BLB - 1Cr 6: Paul's Epistle - 1 Corinthians 6 (Blue Letter Bible: KJV - King James Version)

Greek Lexicon :: G733 (KJV)

Greek Lexicon :: G730 (KJV)

Greek Lexicon :: G2845 (KJV)

Copyright Information, New International Version (NIV)

THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV®

Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society®

Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Remember one thing about Paul:
he was just a guy, like you or me. Even saints are only human, and Paul was DEAD WRONG about some things. He was totally repressive of women and of sex. ("A man is better off having no relations with a woman." 1 Cor. 7:1. Hardly what most Christian churches preach today, though personally I can relate.) He accepted the validity of slavery. He was sure that the Messiah would return to end the world any day, which proved very awkward as the years kept rolling by and no Jesus. His brief writings against homosexuality seem to be condemnation of pagans who would not accept his religion (which is entirely unlike the religion Jesus preached).
But rather than dish Paul for his first-century foibles, we might better recall 1 Corinthians, Ch 13:

"Love is patient; love is kind. Love is not jealous, it does not put on airs, it is not snobbish. Love is never rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not prone to anger; neither does it brood over injuries. There is no limit to love's forbearance, to its trust, its hope, its power to endure. There are in the end three things that last: faith, hope, and love, and the greatest of these is love."

St. Paul by Albrecht Durer, who was also gay.... GayHeroes.com:paul the Apostle

Remember one thing about Paul:
he was just a guy, like you or me. Even saints are only human, and Paul was DEAD WRONG about some things. He was totally repressive of women and of sex. ("A man is better off having no relations with a woman." 1 Cor. 7:1. Hardly what most Christian churches preach today, though personally I can relate.) He accepted the validity of slavery. He was sure that the Messiah would return to end the world any day, which proved very awkward as the years kept rolling by and no Jesus. His brief writings against homosexuality seem to be condemnation of pagans who would not accept his religion (which is entirely unlike the religion Jesus preached).
But rather than dish Paul for his first-century foibles, we might better recall 1 Corinthians, Ch 13:

"Love is patient; love is kind. Love is not jealous, it does not put on airs, it is not snobbish. Love is never rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not prone to anger; neither does it brood over injuries. There is no limit to love's forbearance, to its trust, its hope, its power to endure. There are in the end three things that last: faith, hope, and love, and the greatest of these is love."

St. Paul by Albrecht Durer, who was also gay.... GayHeroes.com:paul the Apostle

Paul wasn't oppressive about women or sex.
Paul didn't agree with modern day slavery which was different than Biblical slavery.
Jesus has the right to come back at any time.
Don't be so sure that Jesus didn't preach against Homosexuality. Jesus is just God who wrote Leviticus 18 in Human form.

Matthew 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members (G3196 - melos) should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

a member, limb: a member of the human body

of bodies given up to criminal intercourse, because they are as it were members belonging to the harlot's body

Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon

Last edited:
Just a reminder guys - Religion falls under Zone 2 rules: Each post must contain content relevant to the thread subject, in addition to any flame. No trolling. No hit and run flames. No hijacking or derailing threads.

Thread has been cleaned and is now reopened - let's get back on topic a bit...:)

Forum List

Back